October 21 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    In the UAC, 'tracking' or 'journaling' is the Number One priority. If you do the tracking, then everything else works and you will achieve your goals. The minute that you stop tracking, you abandon your goals.
    See this article about one woman who lost half her body weight once she began to journal. She had two degrees in nutrition but she hit a high weight of 250 pounds. She states, "Journaling (tracking) was the game changer for me."
    see the article here https://www.cnn.com/2013/03/01/health/journaling-weight-loss/index.html
  • RangerRickL
    edited October 2018
    Options
    j40arcw03aub.png
    In the UAC, the one ring that binds them all and the one ring that rules them is....tracking also known as journaling!
    Rick
  • mekelly
    mekelly Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes x3 today for me.

Yesterday was Pass Day 2 for me. I exercised quite a bit and didn't go overboard food-wise - but lunch and dinner were both made for me (by my mum!) so I couldn't accurately track my calories.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed that posts are not always actually being posted? Several times I have posted something only to find out later that the post is not in the thread for the day.
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Exercise - 1h10 mtb ride race pace / 7k run race pace / 2h20 paddle boarding
    Calories - yes
    Tracked - yes

• fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes, 20 min yoga, 180 min walk, completed the lovely tas valley way!
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
  • jjjcat
    jjjcat Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    This is a post to cover the last few days.
    Exercise: Yes - this included rowing machine, elliptical machine, walking and a lot of gardening
    Calories: Mostly ok but as I was unable to accurately track some meals, it is hard to know.

@RangerRickL I completely agree that tracking is the key. When I track, I do well. When I stop tracking, everything slides away. How do you track meals when you go out? I get that some meals are easier to guesstimate - but others are near impossible. This weekend I ordered a healthy hoke poke bowl/ Buddha bowl thing. Full of extremely healthy food, although I know that calories really add up in these bowls. But when made by someone else, impossible to add up or guess.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes, a chilly 20 minute walk in the village with DH
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,380 Member
    Options
    jjjcat wrote: »
    .... How do you track meals when you go out? I get that some meals are easier to guesstimate - but others are near impossible. This weekend I ordered a healthy hoke poke bowl/ Buddha bowl thing. .....

Suggestion (although not ALWAY 100% possible) => many restaurant menu entries are in the MFP food database. For those that aren't, many restaurants include nutrition information for menu items on their websites. If at all possible, and you know where you are going to be eating out, look up possibilities ahead of time. At the very least, look it up afterwards first on their website, and then look for the comparable entry in the MPD food database (if not in the database yet you can enter it)

For me, the hardest meals to log with what I feel to be reasonable accurate entries are when eating out a someone else's house, particularly when something like stew, a casserole, or a buffet set-up is involved.
  • lessn00
    lessn00 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yes..  Cardio

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?    No, pass day today. After tracking realized I went over from a restaurant meal. It's ok..I learn a lot from tracking..like where to eat and where not to.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?  Yes

• MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yes 3x. 30 min bike.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Took a bit of pre-planning today, but came through just fine. Calories - yes. Tracking -yes. Exercise - 45 minutes on the rowing machine + I finally added weights today. Have been putting that off far too long, so I feel good about finally doing it.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Congratulations!! Celebrating anniversaries and more are a great way to spend a Pass Day!!
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    My report:
    Exercise: went for a 65 minute walk in our woodlands with my number one gal, Rose! It's a very cool fall day...sunny though
    Calories: Only two good meals today so well under my limit
    Tracking: yes
  • BobWw2017
    BobWw2017 Posts: 356 Member
    Options

October 21

Pass day 3

Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    No

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Not really

So, 3 pass days used with 10 to go. Really going to try to finish strong