New guy here! And military hopeful!

Options
mburgos16
mburgos16 Posts: 7 Member
Hello all,

My name is Mike. I am 29, a teacher, and engaged with a beautiful woman who is the mother of our beautiful baby boy. My reason for posting is that I can hopefully work myself into shape and join the Florida Army National Guard.

June 22, 2018, I started my journey at 306.8 pounds.

Flash forward to today, I am at 266.4 pounds. I know I still have about 70 more pounds to go (I’m 5’10”).

I’ve been eating clean, lifting weights, and most recently added HIIT cardio (when I started in June and July, I just walked).

With my weight loss, I am now able to do a proper push up (head up, 90 degree elbows when down, and fully push myself back up), as well as more efficient on sit ups. Still need to concur those dreaded two miles (currently 10-11:00/mile).

Thanks all!

Replies

• pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey Mike!

I was wondering if I would ever see anyone else active in this group. :)

A year ago I was 295lbs, and just this week I hit the amazing 199. I'm planning to enlist active duty, either Air Force or Army. Have you actually spoken with a recruiter yet? Taping/body fat measurements are sometimes easier to pass than the actual height/weight scale! There's an app called 'Army Fitness Calculator' that can calculate it all for you and let you know how close or far you are based on your neck, waist, and hip measurements.

Awesome progress, keep it up! :D