Introduce yourself

Options
CarolynInDC
CarolynInDC Posts: 45 Member
I'm Carolyn, and I have a solid 30 pounds to lose. I used to be active several days a week and fit, but over the past few years the things I was focused on (work, grad school, new business) caused me to be more sedentary, and the scale showed it. I'm ready to get back to my old figure, and think the Jillian Michaels app will be a big help. I like intense workouts that are varied and more strength-focused, but can get bored if it's the same thing every day. I started this group because I know there are others using the app, and I was surprised there was not already a group. Looking forward to chatting with all of you as we continue our workouts!

Replies

• Selinakyle76
    Selinakyle76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Carolyn, I'm Lesley and based in the UK. I've got about the same amount I'd like to lose. I find the workouts hard but rewarding once they're done!
  • iea13
    iea13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm iris and the Jillian Michaels app helped me lose 30 lbs- life changing . I've been using the app since January when it first came out. Love the workouts but they are tough. I'm doing lean legs Right now And I'm working on continuing to tone and maintaining.
  • TheMarianaPerez
    TheMarianaPerez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group - I've had the app since January but just did my first workout today. :# Doing the 90-day program. I'd like to lose 50-70 lbs by June of next year.
  • Tokuni_Stone
    Tokuni_Stone Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I just joined the app this past Wednesday. I'm at 176 pds and looking to get down to 130pds. I'm at 5'8". I'm mama to four kids all under the age of ten. I'm a stay at home artist mom. I love Jillian. I am so glad this group is small, I've been hunting for something just like this! Thank you so much!
  • alishavd89
    alishavd89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Alisha. I started using the Transformation 90 ten days ago to lose about 30-40 lbs within the next several months. So far I'm enjoying it, I've lost 4-5 lbs since I started. I don't stick to the meal plan but use it as a guide to plan my meals. It's great to see this group here!
  • kamesse
    kamesse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen. Was using the free daily circuits on the app and finally subscribed. Just started the Slim 60 program! I work at a desk all day, and I am hoping this will help with losing the extra weight while giving me more energy.
  • ebers29
    ebers29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hey. I'm Erika and am trying to lose 15 pounds and tone up. I'm doing Slim 60 and tracking calories. So far so good...fingers crossed! It made my day to see this group here!
  • katie5467
    katie5467 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Katie and I'm just starting with the app and trying the transform in 90 too! Hope you're all getting on well! :smile:
  • Stumbleine
    Stumbleine Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hello, I'm Jen. I've been using the app for a few weeks now and I'm totally hooked! Been on MFP for several years (lost a little over 30 lbs my first year), but most of that time I've been inactive. I'm ready to get back into it and lose that last 10-15 lbs I know I need to. I've always love JM workouts, but this app far surpasses anything of hers I've done. I had to start with the beginner workout because I was so out of shape, but now I'm ready for Slim 60!
  • alg272
    alg272 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I’m Amy. While I’ve had the app for a few years now, I’ve only used it a few times when traveling for work. I’ve been a Jillian Michaels Workout Junkie for 4 years or so. After our basement flooded this summer (my dedicated workout space) I’ve been very inconsistent with my workouts. I have about 45 pounds to lose, but trying to take it in 10 pound increments.