Introductions - Please answer the following questions if able

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
Hi,

My name is Kim and I am the one hosting this competition. I'm a wife, mom of 4 and a nurse. It's been a rough 2 years and I think things are going to settle down. With all the stress I am up about 25 lbs. from when I did these contests regularly. Boo!!

Weekly weight loss goal: 1 lb.
Exercises that you do: Treadmill, Elliptical, Strength class (it always changes), barre yoga, zumba
Challenge that you would like to achieve: Run and participate in a 5K like I used to.

Replies

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,201 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Janice, 49( 50 in Dec) yrs old, mom of 4. I work for Hallmark Canada... It's our busy season and really want to stay on track this year!

Weekly weight loss goal: .5 lb.(Turtle here)
    Exercises that you do: BodyCombat, BodyPump, BodyBalance, treadmill, spin classes & PIYO!
    Challenge that you would like to achieve: Honestly...my challenge is losing bodyfat...so hard for me...would love to achieve that!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm Kim, live just outside of Philadelphia. I've been in a few of these with Kim but haven't really kept up with my fitness. I lost a good amount of weight years ago but it's creeped back so I need to get back down 15-20 before it becomes impossible to lose again.
    Lately I have just been walking but need to get back into strength and could probably use some yoga so thinking of adding PiYo.
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Izzie. I'm from Montreal, Canada.
    I am a nurse practitionner working full time and a mom to 2 young boys (2 and 4 years old). I tend to put myself last. I have always been overweight/obese. it got worse with college and university. I did lose my pregnancy weight but have tons to lose.
    honestly I haven't seen wonderland for about 12-15 years. so this is obviously my first goal. then... to be reassess.
    I used to run... 5 and 10k... but haven't for over 6 months so I'd like to ease into it. I also practice in a hot yoga studio. It is good gor my mental relaxation and also super hard muscularly. hubby works long hours so having time to exercise is a challenge. but I am 37 years old... I really want yo be fit and a good model for my kids!
    weekly weight loss goal= 1lb
  • Peregrin72
    Peregrin72 Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'm Renee, turning 46 on Saturday, mom of 4 living in Michigan. I need to lose at least 80 pounds (never lost any weight after babies, due in large part to my poor eating habits).

Weekly weight loss: 1 lb
    Exercises: walking, crunches/situps, push ups, squats
    Challenge: not sure what to write here...I really just want to be slimmer and healthier!
  • shamrock14
    shamrock14 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good evening. I'm shannon. It's been since time but I used to do many of these challenges with Kim. They are effective and it's about time we do some damage again. I'm am almost 39 year old widowed (widower? I don't know the correct terms) and mother of identical twin 11 year old girls. I've put on too many pounds in the last few years and I'd like them to go away again.

Goal: 1 pound a week. Sure, why not.
    Exercises: I go to the gym to do the elliptical a couple times a week. I do have plenty of things I can do at home too.
    Challenge: I'd really like to up my workouts to set least 4 days a week.
  • Peregrin72
    Peregrin72 Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Used this space to test photo upload. Please disregard.
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hello - I'm Deb and live in Australia. I have been involved in a few of Kim's challenges and always find they help keep me accountable whilst having a bit of fun. Over the last 3 years I have lost 70kg but noticed a few kg creeping back on over the last 6 months. I will not let myself fail again and need to reassure myself that maintaining is just as important as losing.

Goal - I would love to los 5kg by Christmas. that might be a bit much but I am going to give it a good crack!
    Exercises - I usually just walk. I used to swim ALOT - I need to get back in the pool.
    I want to achieve - control of my night time snacking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hey friends! It's been a while. I'm excited to be playing with you all again! I'm Kasi, I live in Salem Oregon. I have 4 kids. 2 have grown and left the nest, one in junior high, and the other in highschool. I also have an 18 month old grandson that I get to watch on my days off so needless to say I stay pretty busy! I enjoy being outside and exploring new places. We just went to Hawaii in September and I'm currently planning a couple more mini vacations. I love traveling! My husband and I started the keto diet in February and we are both down over 30lbs but since the Hawaii trip we haven't followed it as closely as we should. I've been maintaining for a couple months now and I really want to get motivated to lose that last 10lbs!

Goal: 10lbs will put me at my goal weight so about a pound per week should do it!

Exercise: I love cardio dance and jogging. I recently started doing some yoga videos at home too that I enjoy.

Challenge: Find more time for myself to exercise even if it's just 15 minutes per day!
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi Kasi! i am also restarting keto. day 4 right now. i feel good.. less bloated... no crazy sugar high and low.
    i hope it works for me!
  • kanderson3698
    kanderson3698 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Kelly, I am excited to join the competition. I'm a grandma, 58 years old always struggling with weight. The last year and 1/2 I am up 13lbs. We are planning a trip to Aruba in February so hoping to get some of the extra weight off.

Weekly Weight Loss Goal is 2lbs
    Exercises that I do: Walking goal of 15,000 steps per day, TRX Class and Spin class
    Challenge I want to establish good eating habits and an eating lifestyle.

• Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hey

I'm Tracie, I'm 38 and from Wigan, UK. I piled on over 120lbs when I gave up dancing due to injury and for years I was ok with it (I'm 5'11 so I can carry an little extra no problem). In October 2017 something came over me to change and since then I have lost 86.25lbs and have 44.25lbs to my goal.

I do a lot of the challenges on here and that helps me to become more accountable.

Weekly weight loss goal: 1.5 lb.
    Exercises that you do: Eliptical, weights, bike, treadmill and aqua
    Challenge that you would like to achieve: Sounds silly but look decent in a short skirt and shorts in summer!! They are true challenges for me tbh

Also @nisijam5 dependant how long the challenge is I am away on Dec 21st with no access to scales, I can weigh in early that week if you prefer? (my weigh day is Friday's so will post on Nov 9th)

• nisijam5
    Options
    @Tracie_Lord - I have options for missing a weight-in day. The length of the contest is dependent on the # of peeps entered since we eliminate 1 a week.
  • chefgirlrd
    chefgirlrd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Nicole. I just turned 41, I’m a dietitian and a mom of a 12 year old and a 3 month old. During my recent pregnancy I had a lot of complications that resulting in a lot of weigh gain, but now that I’ve had the baby and I’ve been cleared to exercise I’m ready to get back to a healthy lifestyle.

Weekly weight loss goal: 2 lbs to start
    Exercise I enjoy: walking, hiking, yoga, barre, weights, and playing with my kids.
    Challenge I would like to achieve: is to stay focused on my goal. If I mess up jump back in and continue moving forward.

I’m just really excited! Thanks for putting his together. 😊
  • SisuMom2019
    SisuMom2019 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My name is Tanya and I live in Ontario (Canada). I have a daughter (9) and son who is almost 13. I was always quite thin until a car accident, that led to too many steroids and a messed up endocrine system. I hit 211 lbs and with my second I was up to 250. In between my kids, I had an ectopic and 2 miscarriages-I felt like I was pregnant for the better part of 5 years. My body seems to want to stay at 234...no matter how long or hard I would work-out, eat right etc. So I stopped trying. This past summer I twisted my ankle and then broke a toe and got to my all time high of 265. I’m scared for my health and my kids are my biggest motivation!
    Weekly weight loss goal: I am determined to lose this weight -my goal is 2 pounds a week for now. I’d like to get to a safe weight.
    Exercises that you do: Not a lot
    Challenge that you would like to achieve: begin a gym and attend a minimum of 3x/week
  • muskanbansal
    muskanbansal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Muskan and I am a student who just started college. Over the last 3 months, I have gained 8 pounds and want to become more fit. My weekly weight loss goal is to lose 1.5 pounds pers week. Exercise I do is: run, play sports, swim or HIIT

Challenge that you would like to achieve:Is to maintain my weight after losing it.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    My name is Tanya
    Weekly weight loss goal: I am determined to lose this weight -my goal is 2 pounds a week for now. I’d like to get to a safe weight.
    Exercises that you do: Not a lot
    Challenge that you would like to achieve: begin a gym and attend a minimum of 3x/week

Tanya, I think this will be a good forum to get you started!!
  • Tracie_Lord
    Options
    nisijam5 wrote: »
    @Tracie_Lord - I have options for missing a weight-in day. The length of the contest is dependent on the # of peeps entered since we eliminate 1 a week.

Ok thanks for this hun

Also I cannot see my name on either of the teams? Can you let me know what team I am in please?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    nisijam5 wrote: »

Ok thanks for this hun

Also I cannot see my name on either of the teams? Can you let me know what team I am in please?

Weigh-in was the day before. Don't worry about conversation, I just pop in a formula for your weight to convert. That way, it's consistent with others. I can still add you to the contest anyway. Please make sure that you weigh in every Wednesday by midnight CST. I live in Minnesota, USA if that helps with the time change.

I'll move you to a team today. Great job on the weight loss!!
  • Tracie_Lord
    Options
    [/quote]
    Weigh-in was the day before. Don't worry about conversation, I just pop in a formula for your weight to convert. That way, it's consistent with others. I can still add you to the contest anyway. Please make sure that you weigh in every Wednesday by midnight CST. I live in Minnesota, USA if that helps with the time change.

I'll move you to a team today. Great job on the weight loss!![/quote]

I thought weigh in was 7th or 9th?

That’s why I chose 9th

In future I will ensure scales are on pounds 👌🏼
  • nisijam5
    Options
    That’s why I chose 9th
    In future I will ensure scales are on pounds 👌🏼[/quote]

No problem - it was misleading because it depends if I have enough people to start on time.
    Stones are fine, I just convert.