What's on your mind today?

Options
2»

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    King, Arthur and Merlin. Lovevit! How wonderful of you for doing this, @Dory_42 !
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 Providing all goes well with the final test results and doctor/surgeon approvals, this is an absolutely phenomenal gift. Such an inspiration!
  • bubblegum2fitness
    bubblegum2fitness Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 What you're doing is incredible.

In other news, I passed my Biology midterm!!!!!! It was the worst.
  • Bill70Strong
    Bill70Strong Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 What you're doing is incredible.

In other news, I passed my Biology midterm!!!!!! It was the worst.

Congratulations!!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,402 Member
    Options
    Interesting .... the past few days I have been just inside target calorie zone pre-exercise, but quite high on MFP-suggested protien intake. Yesterday, spot on for both, but was hungrier in the evening, even AFTER the scheduled evening snack. So I ate back exercise calories ( maybe 2/3 but not nearly all - so still a good UAC day. I could easily have eaten more, but settled for this plus large glass of warm water and up to bed to read before lights out.)

And my exercise calories rarely top 150 on any given day these days.
  • Turbolifts
    Turbolifts Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I DEFEATED THE BLACK CLIMBING ROUTE!!!!!!! TAKE THAT, GRAVITY!!!!!! I think my new training programme (self-written) has helped! :D:D:D

Week 1 of my programme last week left me feeling fatigued and extended, but STRONGER. I didn't realise how much of an impact it'd have from just one week.

I've been trying to complete an indoor rockclimbing wall for each of the four/five visits I've made to my local climbing gym. Half the problem is that I always tackle this one particular route towards the END of my session, and the other half is that I tackle climbing with upper body FAR too much. So, usually, I'm fatigued and in the "wrong" areas before I get to the things I want to defeat.

Saturday, I went in there, determined to not throw a tantrum and to just TRY it again (I throw tantrums and kick the wall and shake my fists and all sorts of silliness, I can't help it).

I tackled the wall FAR too late in my session, and I failed three times, but then I left it for 15 minutes and watched and encouraged another girl (who'd NEVER climbed before) through a route she was completely terrified about, and I then decided that I was going to have one more crack at the black route. So, I harnessed up, and instead of looking up at the wall before approaching, I just walked right up, and accidentally-on-purpose decided I'd try to climb it as quickly as possible. Lo and behold! I had to stop twice in my attempt to get past that bloody overhang, and my forearms cramped and my fingers seized up, but on the third launch up, I GOT IT! I GOT PAST IT!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:D:D:D
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    @Turbolifts Congrats on persisting and accomplishing your goal!!
  • BMcC9
    Options

This is me walking around my virtual exergame island collecting rainbow balls (find all 7 and a rainbow magically appears in the sky)
    2191610q208gshr57.gif ...

except that I'm moving closer to this speed and on a mini-trampoline, so the feet come up higher .... UTC.gif
  • bubblegum2fitness
    bubblegum2fitness Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    So if you live in Canada, throw out your romain lettuce and spring mix (If you hadn't already). Most romaine lettuce sold in Canada is grown in the US, so it could be contaminated as well. It's weird that the news is only really covering it in regards to the US, and that I had to find out about it at a Wendy's of all places.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    So if you live in Canada, throw out your romain lettuce and spring mix (If you hadn't already). Most romaine lettuce sold in Canada is grown in the US, so it could be contaminated as well. It's weird that the news is only really covering it in regards to the US, and that I had to find out about it at a Wendy's of all places.

in my town, Sobey's Grocery store proactively removed it from their shelves and posted a notice explaining why the big gap.