Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome to the December 2018 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    December will be my 13th month of participating in the UAC challenge with the goal being to live a healthy life. Monitoring calories, logging, and exercise are the key components of this challenge, yielding success when coupled with individual determination to stay on track. I have been in maintenance since January 2018, and find that balancing exercise and calories to neither gain nor lose weight requires just as much attentiveness as actively trying to lose or gain. One can't become complacent simply because a goal has been achieved. To continue to maintain requires continued diligence. Accordingly, I have come to realize this is a lifelong commitment. UAC is my inspiration for continued diligence. Welcome to all the new team members who are joining UAC for the first time in December, and to the "virtual friends" with whom I have become acquainted in the last several months. Thank you for being my cheerleaders on this journey. I am privileged to be among you!
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was part of the UAC for months (ahem even years?!) but recently took a little break. I'm looking forward to joining you all again, old friends and new. Best group there is on MFP. Let's hope we can all be on the good list for Father Christmas, Papa Noel, Santa, Babbo Natale, Olentzero or whoever is in your county!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @am_change Welcome back...you were missed! Your image should be your greatest inspiration...
    ex1utl5n32mp.jpg
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    @w8goal4life yes, inspiration indeed! But sometimes a break is necessary. Happy to return!
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm in for December too. No idea what month it is for me, maybe 3rd or 4th.
    I'm in maintenance and find that UAC helps a lot with keeping me on track. Unfortunately right now I'm also still dealing with an injury that lets me train but in pain, way too easy to unload my frustration on food and make it worse...so I'm even more glad to join UAC once again.
    Hope everyone well on their journeys and let's do this! :heart:
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Options
    It will!! (it amazing what putting the data-collection under your nose points out in terms of personal trends you weren't even aware of)
  • AliceWinston
    AliceWinston Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join. I have done well w accountability groups before. I tend to hang with my partner without it.
    I need accountability for exercise, calories, and drinking water. It is so much harder in the winter when it is dark, and sometimes snow or ice, after work to exercise.
    Thank you for setting up and moderating this challenge.
    Alice
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to MFP and very excited to have found this challenge. I believe this is an excellent way to start my first full month on here! I am a freshman in biomedical engineering, and I hope (like everyone else) to make it to the winner's circle! Having only 3 pass days for the entire month is going to be a challenge and I'm excited to see how far I'll be able to go.

Hope to see you in the Dec Winners's Circle, but don't forget that, even if you end up using 4 (or more) you are NEVER bumped out of the UAC group. Stick with us anyway, and try again the next month. Soo I expect to see you Dec 31st, WC or no!