Mood Change (It's a good thing!)

Options
Wow. 2 full weeks into Keto and I'm feeling amazing! I spent 2 weeks just researching the whole Keto Lifestyle just to better understand what it is and how it works. There is so much conflicting infromation out there! "Eat This! No, don't eat that! Tinkle on a strip! No that's not accurate enough!"

You know what I never found though? Anything saying my depression would disappear... The last 3 years have been rough. My 11 year old (8 then) was diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia and underwent numerous treatments including a bone marrow transplant 2 years ago in January. I knew I was a bit depressed and just not myself during this time but thought I had been feeling better.

It hit me yesterday after looking around at my clean house, empty laundry room, and watching my children have a healthy snack plate and sugar cookies (I just wanted to bake, no cookies for me!), just how depressed I had been. In 3 years I hadn't baked just for the heck of it. Nor has my house been spotless. I'm a stay at home parent but I always found an excuse as to why it couldn't be done. I wish I had found Ketosis sooner. Maybe the struggle of a life threatening illness wouldn't have hit so incredibly hard..

P.S. SHE IS IN REMISSION AFTER THE TRANSPLANT!

11564891.png

Replies