Pouch diet/jenny craig

Options
I've never heard of this. What is the pouch diet?

I have another question. To lose the 13 pounds I have to lose, I thought of going to Jenny Craig weight loss clinic. I had been on it for 2 weeks, when I realized you have to eat 6 times a day. I realized this is too much. It's not made for those of us who have had weight loss surgery.

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @capecodgirl50 pouch diet is a WLS myth that it will "reset" your pouch (vsg really isn't a pouch anyway). You basically eat a bunch of processed shakes and crap for 3, 5 or 10 days and it supposedly will magically reset your pouch. It's total BS.

I would try not to worry about weight. You don't "have to" lose any. The goal is health, I would assume? Focus on good habits. If your body wants to lose more weight it will. I personally haven't weighed since January 1. That number on scale means very little to me.

And eating highly processed food from Jenny Craig would be terrible for your body.
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    As it turns out you were correct. Didn't work. I now have cut out all of the sweets I was eating. Since the last time I posted, I have lost 10 pounds. I have 5 more to go to meet my goal.