Date: December 15
    Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: No
    Tracked?: No

Date: December 16
    Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

I’m a day late checking in. With ending the semester with my last final then all the preparing and traveling I didn’t even remember I hadn’t posted last night until I was heading to the airport this morning. Somehow I’ve still managed to stay mostly on track with tracking calories and everything so hopefully I can continue that throughout this week’s trip.

A friend and I are looking at doing a half marathon walk this coming summer so I’m really hoping the compression sleeves my doctor recommended help this leg out with it’s healing and give it the support it needs and I can get back to more walking and weight bearing activities. The last time I had an activity or date to work for was the 5k that tore this muscle so I’m really excited that I have a fun fitness activity to look forward to doing and work towards.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    I traveled from the west coast to the eastern time zone today (3 hour difference).
    Exercise: lots of walking with baggage and a heavy book bag
    Calories: under by nice margin
    Tracking: very good
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,374 Member
    Options
    12/16

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    December 16

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • susiejof
    susiejof Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    12/16
    Exercised: Yes, dog walking and garden work.
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    I’m glad I have to be accountable daily on this thread because it’s really helping me stay on my goals this month. I don’t expect to lose weight this month, usually I gain weight in winter, so if I can maintain I’ll be super pleased. :)
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for Sunday!
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,168 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3 and ate all my exercise calories :(
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    December 16

Pass #3

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 57 minutes on mini-trampoline
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No - my mom hosted a family dinner at her retirement home, the the dessert was SOOO much more than I had guesstimated and pre-planned. I knew it would be chocolate cake ... maybe multi-layer ... wasn't prepared for thick layers of whipping cream between the layers and covering the whole thing ....
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes - finished the rewrite of the anticipated dinner this morning, and figured out exactly HOW over I was .... would have needed an extra 30 minutes or so of my usual mini-trampoline just to break even.

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    davert123 wrote: »
    I've been trying to comment on my phone and it doesn't seem to work ?

14th yes yes yes
    15th no no no
    16th yes yes yes

I was really happy . On the 13th I managed to go for a nice cross country run for the first time in a couple of years after breaking my ankle. The next day was great but then on the 15th it sprained again (my break has left things very weak and it used to sprain every 2 or 3 weeks). I was a it gutted so yesterday was a write-off - that was my 3rd pass.
    My ankle has started to go down and the boa strap I have held it together so I managed to get out with my dog for walk. I think the lesson for me is that time alone isn't going to make my ankle better so I'm going to have to work around it - boa strap while running and gaffer tape for walking :-) I try and do that until next Christmas :-)

@davert123
    I have ankle issues too. I use KT tape all the time & add a ace bandage compression when hiking downhill or if ankle is extra sore. Mine is the result of a bad sprain long ago (that they thought might be a break, but wasn’t.) it limits how hard I can exercise so I am seeking a referral to see if anything can be done!

Could you please let me know what a boa strap is?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Dec 16
    Yes x 3 (because I went out for a second walk at 9:30 pm when we got home!)

A much more sedentary day than normal with driving, a 4hr art class, driving, 2 hour concert, then 2.5 hour drive home.

I am pleased a got the walk in! Felt great after all the sitting. Lowest “stand” hours I can remember, but it felt great to get out and socialize, create, enjoy, & learn!!

t50jf4jf1qr6.png
  • peachpastries
    peachpastries Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Dec. 16

Pass #4?? or is it 5?

no to all 3. Overnight I caught a chest cold D: probably caught it from my mom. I can't stop coughing and it hurts and I feel sooo dizzy & weak when I do too much activity. I managed to spend a couple hours preparing a nice meal for my grandmother and I, but after that I was wiped out for the day. And I overate too much comfort food :/ just gonna have to get rest & eat tons of raw garlic in my meals lol (i've been doing that the past 2 years to get over my colds, it's helped.)
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Pass day
  • fitnessnessness2018
    Options
    Date: 12/16
    Tracking: Yes.
    Calories: Yes.
    Exercise: No. AND I missed my active calorie goal by 31 cals and broke my December streak. 👎🏼

hcakx29uvjcx.jpeg