December 25 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays...
    I feel a bit like the Grinch that Stole Christmas by telling you that the January UAC Challenge is ready for you to sign in as an on-going member. In fact, our beloved team mate, @Bill70Strong is the first one to sign up. There are a number of newcomers who have signed up too. I'm not sure how they found the challenge in that I have not begun to promote it. I'll do that tomorrow.
    Please sign up at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129754-ultimate-accountability-challenge-january-2019
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    c02qjow6oope.png
  • roma49
    roma49 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Seasons greetings everyone
    Food logged
    6 mile walk before work
    177 calories over
    So Pass Day for me ~ back on it tomorrow :)
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Exercise - 75k bike ride (road) / 1h surfing
    Calories - yes
    Tracked - yes

Would have surfed for a bit longer but i was freezing despite how much I was bundled up so I went back home to thaw.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    12/25
    Exercise? Yes, 30 minutes low impact aerobics with Gilad
    Calories? No
    Tracked? No

Had Christmas Day dinner at our home for our youngest son, his wife and their three teenagers, ages 13, 14 & 15. This is intended pass day #2 as we, again, celebrated the holiday with family. Definitely off the track today with wine and appetizers before dinner, and dessert after (not to mention the meal)...so will be pleased to return to the UAC lifestyle tomorrow. Thank you for being there...and particularly to those team mates with an intended pass, but who chose to show up and sign in anyway.

All signed up for January!
  • Bill70Strong
    Bill70Strong Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Intentional Pass Day #1

Took a complete rest day from exercise.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Whew! A great day with family and friends. No x 3 !

Back to normal tomorrow.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,664 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone🎄💝🍭🤗
    12/25
    It goes without saying today is a pass day.I did log everything,and burned over 1100 calories,tho.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!! I still have s cold and I ate wayyyyyyy to much peppermint bark. 😊
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Added a walk of 70 minutes duration to my previously stated exercise for the day. Needed to get moving after that Christmas dinner!
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas all! Spent the day travelling back home, stopping in for meals with family along the way. Managed to keep under calories and get in a workout. So all yesses today. But arrived home to a leaking hot water heater and another break in our water line spraying water into our basement. Had to call the emergency line to get the water shut down. Yikes, what an end to a merry day!
  • ekat1234
    ekat1234 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone!!! I managed to convince my cat that his sweater and santa hat weren't too bad and got some really cute photos of him today. I didn't really get out or do much exercise today or yesterday so both ended up as pass days.

December 23
    Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

December 24
    Exercised?: No
    Calories?: No

December 25
    Exercised?: No
    Calories?: No

• RangerRickL
    Options
    I did very well today. I ate very reasonably but I did not try to track. Intentional pass day #3
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    December 25

Pass day #2 for me!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. 🎄
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Dec 25
    Yes x 3
    Thrilled!
    k4ifn0b6aeen.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    🎄🎈🎉 Pass Day #1 🎉🎈🎄
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Seasons greetings everyone!, am now enjoying pass day # 3 but haven't gone over the top to be honest, enjoy every minute!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Dec 25 - Pass #4 - but intentional.

Our Really Big Meal was on the 23rd (and NOT a pass day)

Actually broke even on the 24th daily weigh-in ... no giant meal on the 25th, but
    • weighed in by 9:30 a.m.
    • "pancakes / bacon / quiche brunch " (in single reasonable sized serving) around 10:30 a.m.
    • thick home-made turkey&veg&barley soup around 7:00 p.m.
    • 15,534 steps (337 calories burned) over 109 minutes (not precisely super-intensive but still 33% MORE burned than the 23rd)
    • AND slept in this morning (Boxing Day) till after 11:30 a.m. so daily weigh-in was more than 2 hours later than the day before.

And I STILL was up over a pound this morning .... I am figuring it is a combination of just plain bulk moving through my system plus salt from the two hand-fulls of raw pecans( # gms unknown) and random Dorito nibbles ....

So don't let one day throw you ..... the body CAN'T create over a pound of fat over night (takes 3500 calories per pound, over and above what would keep you alive if in a comma, remember) ..... just get back into normal routine, and your system will process and auto-correct within a matter of days.

It's the people who see a single "morning after" as a signal to "why bother - can't do this - may as well eat the ENTIRE party sized bag of Doritos myself" and let that mindset stick around for weeks and months who regain the weight / never shed much in the first place