Roll call ~ Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019

mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,553 Member
Morning, men.

Replies

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited January 2019
    I got the year right without even having to go back and change it. CPAP must be working okay.

House cleaning continues, and yesterday I got the accumulated junk off my couch (which had become a temporary "filing cabinet") so visitors can actually sit down. And I cleared off my desk and culled a bunch of files from the real file cabinet. Still a few bits of clutter here and there, but am nearing the end. Also organizing my computer files and setting up a backup system, which makes life easier.

Hiking a small mtn at noon, with a friend and my son who had the liver transplant 2 years ago. Then dropping off items at recycling center. Lodge meeting this evening. Will be a long day.

I plan to keep my xmas tree up awhile. It's still fresh and drinks a quart of water a day, so I know it's alive. No needles dropping yet, and the fragrance fills the room it's in. Medieval Christmas celebrations lasted 40 days, which would take me to Feb. 2... I doubt there would be any needles left, but we'll see.

Have a good day everyone. Wishing everyone a good year with weight loss, and with their various health and fitness issues .
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,899 Member
    Mornin' gents.

First day of new year back to work. Your day sounds like fun, Mike.

Growing up, we always kept our tree up for the 12 days of Christmas. This year no tree because of recent addition of a very naughty cat.

Be OP ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,273 Member
    Good Morning!

Back to work today. Happy and sad all at the same time.

Mike, we have not had a real tree in years. It is something that we think about from time to time, and then we remember things like our friend Lee pointing out that we have a cat, etc.

Super busy today with year-end closing (as will be the case for a month.)

Have a great day!
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Good Morning Everyone. Happy New Year! Currently sitting at the dealer waiting for my car to get serviced. I can’t think of a better way to spend my day off 🤨
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,675 Member
    Good Morning! An 8am PT sessions this morning. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Of course my shoulder has calmed down now but we shall discuss. We went with our two sons to see Aquaman yesterday. It was OK. Very loud in the IMAX theater though. First time I have seen 2 movies in a week in a long time. My back handled it well. Generally, we take our tree down after New Years when it is convenient. I may do it this week or wait till Saturday with DW. Ours is artificial so it is looking as good as when we set it up.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,169 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

After my talk about always leaving decorations up until 12th Night, DW looked at the dry weather, yesterday, and the weather forecast for the next week, and declared the lights were coming down. So down they came. I did the ladder work; she sorted, rolled, tied and put them away. Today, she'll take down the tree. Last to go will be the stockings on the mantel.

MY cold. or whatever this is, relapsed last night, now my head feels like a water balloon and my cough is back. I went through this last year. I really wonder whether I am sick, or suffering some sort of severe seasonal allergy. In mid winter?!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,826 Member
    Happy New Year,
    Good Morning,
    DW wanted tree and decor down Christmas day after everyone left, we waited to the day after; like the way house always seems so much larger after all has been put away.
    Sitting in dealership to me is no way to start off year, but then I worked in auto industry for 23 years
    I can always get a good nap at theater,
    Steve, no envy here after 43 years of having to do month-ends and year-ends
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am