Residential Treatment Facility Options - Help!

Options
Hi everyone :)

I am a 23-year old graduate student and I was diagnosed with anorexia three years ago after I joined my sorority in undergrad. I have been on a recovery-remission-relapse cycle ever since that has continued to control and destroy my life. Within the past few months, I have relapsed to the lowest weight I have ever been - my BMI is currently barely at 17. I went in to an eating disorder clinic for an assessment and they want me to drop out of school and enter a residential facility immediately. However, I am determined to finish off the semester (ending in mid-December) and am willing to enter the facility in January.

I have been researching facilities around the country and am BEYOND overwhelmed - there is so much information to take into account. I was wondering if anyone has any good or bad experiences with a specific facility. I live in Ohio, and there are no residential facilities here (that are that great, anyways) so I need all the help I can get.

Any support is so needed - It's do or die at this point (literally).
Thank you all SO much for reading.

Replies

• jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I've been to Renfrew in Florida and it's awesome. Also, heard great things about UNC Chapel Hill, Remuda Ranch, and Denver Eating Recovery Center.
  • Waffledreamer
    Waffledreamer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been into Eating Disorder Center of Denver which is good..There is also a newer Eating Recovery Center in Denver which looks really nice.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    if you can travel, ny presbyterian and columbia have good ed treatment