manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
Mornin' gents.

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Up and at 'em early today.

Bill, hard to believe you snapped at that counselor. I bet she deserved it and hope it makes her a better counselor.

Sure hope the pain wins less and less for you. My sister is getting an epidural pump implanted. Is that something you have considered?

Rain has stopped, temps are supposed to drop below freezing now. Sump system has been going for two months straight.

Annual meeting with Field Trial Club today at restaurant owned by president's son. Its good food. I just need to "make the better choice".

Be OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Didn't sleep well; congestion made breathing difficult.

Well, Seahawks season is over. Have to pick a team to root for, now. Maybe Steve's Chiefs. Mahomes is fun to watch.

Got the shop lights taken care of, yesterday. I might do some more cleanup, after church - or I might add to the mess. We'll see.
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Sun is shining here once more, though it is colder now that rain is gone. Rented a Bissell rug and upholstery cleaner yesterday. Can't believe the dirty water I emptied out of that thing from my recliner and then a braided rug. Doing bedroom today and maybe a second touch-up on recliner.

Went to a mindfulness class here once. One morning was very mindful of the sound and feel of dressing, the aroma and sensation of eating my cereal, walking to bus stop in the fresh air and sunshine, then realized I left my wallet back home. Bus came and went, I was late for work, and boss not happy. Being in la-la land not a stress reliever for me.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Wow! You guys are up early this morning!

Dave, I hope that you are feeling better, and I will keep you in prayer.

Bill, I will also hold you in prayer for your pain management.

I go to a chiropractor every month. That helps me with my back pain management. The Meloxicam helps me with my arthritis. I "should" practice Yoga, and I have tried many times, but I just cannot get into it. I have also tried mindfulness, but I have a hard time getting in to that, as well. What I do, however, is that at work, I stream "zen" music at a low volume. This helps keep me calmer at work, and tunes out some of the general office and factory noises. That does help. I pay $7 per month for Radiotunes, with a variety of channels, and no commercials.

Skipping church this morning. Walking in the woods for about an hour, and then doing the chores that I didn't do yesterday.

Have a great day!
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I was pulling the Seahawks last night...I was hoping they could pull it off. Does anyone still do WW anymore? I was just wondering. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

Rick
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree with you more Bill. some of these counselors should walk a mile in our shoes.

My experience is that the best mindfulness is quite the opposite where I let all thoughts and emotions go instead of gritting my teeth in so-called mindfulness. Yes some of those things can help especially when one has been doing them for years but honestly it isn't the end all.

I have relieved narcotic level pain but really only while I was doing the meditation I was taught. It returns when I stop. I think for meditation it was better than the yoga I do although I like yoga.
    I think Steve is closer to what I do.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Epidural pump is not needed or recommended. My back is stable, after averaging 3 epidurals a year, I am coming up on the 1 year anniversary of my last one which was my Paid Doc's hail mary pass at the end of last year. I am still limited in what I can do and the consequences but for the first time last year I was not in some state of decline. I still do mindfulness which has similarities for me to centering prayer which I also practice. Some of the meditations I use are guided, some are silent. I find them quite helpful to keep me calm and to keep from getting into a reaction mode where pain or otherthings are in control. This didn't work for remodeling. But I haven't taken any opiate pain meds for my back last year except one day in July when I tweaked the muscles and caused it to spasm which then hit the nerves. Fun day.

DWs Bday today. The day at the beach is canceled due to the rain storms so we are off to Brunch this morning with the boys and then I will be making her birthday cake, a Flourless Chocolate Torte along with a nice soup and salad dinner. The soup is made with Pork, beans, corn, chilis, seasoning, and broth.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Yes, some of us still follow WW, maybe not as good as we should.
    I'm a Wellness Guide for WW.
    I find yoga and meditation really helps my arthritis but still need pain meds sometimes.
    Been very mindful about what I do, seems to be catch phrase for year.
    Steve, sometimes a long quite walk works wonders especially during hectic times at work.
    Upper 60's with sun today here, no rain till next weekend then highs in forties.
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am