Options
mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
Good Morning, men.

Replies

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Light snow/freezing rain here this morning.

Heading off to my Tuesday bible group for my weekly donut-willpower challenge. Having breakfast beforehand to stave off any hunger.

Was eventually able to grind the Starbucks whole beans I accidentally bought, though using the antique meat grinder it took 1/2 hour to do less than half the bag. Coffee tastes good, though.

I haven't been tracking at all lately, other than exercise on my FitBit watch. Tracking food and paying attention to portions does work, it just seems like it requires so much constant focus of the mind that it is hard for me to sustain.

Welcome to our new friend from down-under.
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone. Yes Welcome to the group. I have been tracking lately due to the fact that I must stay aware of my consumption and portions. I haven't been active due to my injury so I have to really focus on my caloric intake. I hope everyone has a Great Day!!

Rick
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Welcome to our new friend in Australia!

Mike, hang in there!

I seem to be getting on a little bit better track after the holidays. At least I have edged back away from 200lbs again. My walking is going well, and I am getting OK sleep.

Still busy, but coping. I start work officially at 7:30 a.m. This morning, I got in about 6:50. I literally had 5 people stop by my office before 7:15 with various things that they wanted me to be aware of. I have to come in and close my door, I think, if I am going to get anything done. Sigh.... At least during the day, the internal people settle in, but then the danged phone starts to ring. I whine, but I love being a small company controller.

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

So its summer in Queensland? Aren't there lots of nasty poisonous bugs and snakes down there? I spent some time in Central America in my youth and that was bad enough with the nasty buggers. Welcome again, mate.

Sorry Rick, what was the surgery you will be needing?

Mike, I am so feeling your pain.

Steve, I would whine too if that many people came to me that early. Yikes.

Be OP ;-)
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Welcome Lads, sounds like a lot to lose; try breaking it down like losing a pound a week which is very achievable or shot for 5 lbs per month. Also recommend not weighing daily but weekly. Most important is logging everything you put in your mouth and tracking all activity. Rule of thumb for weight loss is 80-90% of weight is controlled by what we put in our mouth; 10-20% is our activity. So why is activity so important? it helps our mindset and gives us feel-good endorphins. Do not look at this as a diet but as a lifestyle change. Do not made drastic changes all at once, but find a couple of items to cut each week; if one feels deprived they tend to binge.
    Steve, they are trying to be friendly; I had a sign I posted on door at month-ends "appreciate hearing from everyone, but please hold till my deadlines are met"
    Dave, hope you are beginning to feel better.
    Mike, recommend carrying an apple with you.
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Rick, I also missed what you were seeing the Ortho for. When/what is the surgery?

Steve, you are a complex man!

I doubled down on tracking yesterday. It was ugly, but a tracked ugly. I am taking it one day at a time, till it becomes more natural again and the other habits kick in like intentional healthy snacks, taking a few breaths before dealing with hunger thoughts, etc. Another good session at PT yesterday. Shoulder seems to be coming along quite nicely now. I am adding a few more exercises to the daily regimen for back, knee & shoulder to focus on the glutes and Tibialis anterior. Walking for 30 minutes every other day until the knee can handle more from stronger, more flexible legs.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

It's great to see some new faces in our group. Welcome.

I feel OK, after I take Tylenol and decongestants, for a couple of hours, when they wear off. Sigh. Still clogged up and coughing.

Monthly woodturners club meeting is tonight. Hope I feel well enough to attend. Always interesting and informative.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Hmm try again. Queensland was quite wonderful when I was there and not that buggy. I am not in the habit of trying to pet snakes and didn't see that many.
    Oh my Dave get better soon. I wrote a piece for a local writer's guild and we'll see if I can score in the top three.
    Have fun with the turners of the wood Dave.
  • MarkWgetsfit
    MarkWgetsfit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Haha - thanks all for the well wishes. There is a few snakes around our house, I have had a little 6 foot long carpet python visit our courtyard trying to eat our little budgerigar for dinner, but thankfully he hasn't got him yet. I think the world only hears about the bad ones, which we do have many, however I have only seen most of them at zoo's and the like (thankfully).

Queensland is a lovely place to live, about an hours drive from the Gold Coast, which is where we are heading for a 2 week beach holiday in the next 4 weeks, so the countdown is on!

So I had a couple of blood tests today, my doctor is getting me on some blood pressure meds so I am having a few ultrasounds and tests to determine which medication will be best suited for me. However, I AM going to lose weight, hoping to lose about 40kg or 88lbs, but I'd be happy to get to about 90kg (ONEDERLAND), loss of about 30kg. Havent seen it for many a year lol.

I am 38, have two wonderful kids and a loving wife, married for 15 yrs this year! I don't do much exercise at the moment but have completed in a few long charity bike rides, so time to blow the dust off the road bike and hit the pedals again. Longest of the rides was 200km (125 miles) over 2 days to raise money for cancer research.

Anyway, checking in today, on the healthy eating train again. Talk soon

Mark
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Yeah there are at least a few "Salties" (saltwater crocodiles) up the Daintree River and not always the best spot for skinny dipping. Welcome indeed. I too have raised money for cancer research while riding my bike. In my case I have done the Leukemia Lymphoma Society Team in Training century ride around Lake Tahoe on 4 occasions. Beautiful ride for sure.