Fitbit not syncing again?

Anyone else got problems today. No fitbit steps showing on MFP again since this morning. Yesterday was OK. Not showing on my pc or phone today.

Replies

• gvastine
    gvastine Posts: 3 Member
    Having the same difficulty. Used to sync, but no more.
  • GODISTHEANSWER
    GODISTHEANSWER Posts: 1 Member
    Does anybody know what is the problem with the sync. i have been reading threads about pairing and linking back up devices but that doesn't seem to help.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    My fitbit only partially synced yesterday. The steps synced.....but the 45 minute workout on the stationary bike did not sync.
  • Lori0601
    Lori0601 Posts: 1 Member
    Seems a lot of us have this issue. I just started using my Fitbit with MFP on 12/28/18. It worked that day only. Now it won't sync at all. I tried force stopping, deleting and reinstalling both apps and nothing gets it going. I see my Fitbit app does show "Connected" under the Apps page in MFP but nothing happens when I click the disconnect button. Does anyone have any answers for this?
  • wafafithealth
    wafafithealth Posts: 1 Member
    having the same issue, I keep getting an error "Another account is linked...". Not sure how I can fix this issue :/
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    edited January 2019
    The problem I have is that during a failed update in December my charge3 will not connect to the Fitbit APP. There was no problem before the failed update.

I have read all the troubleshooting info and implemented all the advice but the APP will not find the device. Not on my laptop or my phone.

I have raised this issue with Fitbit and am waiting a response.

I can see that many people have had issues with syncing and connectivity so this a general issue with the Fitbit charge 3 at the moment.

Fitbit do not seem to be responding in a very positive manner, their website just keeps giving the same advice over and over. That is to unistall/reinstall fitbit app, disconnect/reconnect device. Reset device.

They don't seem to be getting the fact that none of this is working for a lot of people. I am so dissapointed in this product. I loved my charge3 when it was working but now I am losing data every day and obviously can't sync to MFP. As I am a data nerd this is incredibly frustrating.

The device is working fine so I can look at the screen to see steps calories etc but what good is that if I don't have an overall view on a daily basis.

If anyone has any other advice it would be really appreciated.
  • And i thought it as just me!! Logged Challenge no reply
  • darthmom4
    darthmom4 Posts: 2 Member
    Have a new Charge 3 for Christmas and unlinked the other (I think) and linked it again to my FitBit account and might as well not have done anything. No synchronization at all. You guys thinking that it is a FitBit issue?
  • j_gibbs
    j_gibbs Posts: 7 Member
    Normally when I have syncing issues, movement information won't transfer over to MFP, but calorie information WILL move over to Fitbit. So I just log intake and check the Fitbit app to see where I am in the day, foodwise. But there's no sync, either way, today, so that's something new. I wonder if the issue is on Fitbit's side, today.
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    j_gibbs wrote: »
    Normally when I have syncing issues, movement information won't transfer over to MFP, but calorie information WILL move over to Fitbit. So I just log intake and check the Fitbit app to see where I am in the day, foodwise. But there's no sync, either way, today, so that's something new. I wonder if the issue is on Fitbit's side, today.

It's MPF's issue today. https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2965822-myfitnesspal-app-and-site-down
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    should have checked here first, wasted hours messing about, resyncing etc

only partially synced
  • manderson27
    Update on connectivity issue.

I went to settings, about, clear user data and cleared it. Then uninstalled app, then started from scratch set up device and it worked. It found tracker, paired it, connected it, updated it and now it is running properly again and connected to fitbit app and dashboard is showig correctly.

Don't know if this info will help anyone but worth a try. Of course you lose data between your last sync and the new set up but at least it is connected again.
  • TurquoiseViolet215
    TurquoiseViolet215 Posts: 135 Member

I went to settings, about, clear user data and cleared it. Then uninstalled app, then started from scratch set up device and it worked. It found tracker, paired it, connected it, updated it and now it is running properly again and connected to fitbit app and dashboard is showig correctly.

Don't know if this info will help anyone but worth a try. Of course you lose data between your last sync and the new set up but at least it is connected again.

I am going to try this if the update I am in the middle of fails again.
  • manderson27

I am going to try this if the update I am in the middle of fails again.

Further update on this. Device stopped syncing AGAIN. Tried all steps but nothing works for long and I am losing all my data each time. Have emailed fitbit AGAIN but no response this time. There must be hundreds of people having this issue if the fitbit forum is anything to go by it is ridiculous. :#:#:#:#
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    I'm having the same problem. Hasn't synced for 5 hours. It's also Fitbit not MfP that is the problem.
  • rosebette
    I got it to sync with my tablet but not with my iPhone
  • manderson27
    Further update: I went through all the steps yet again and managed to re-connect. So far it is working correctly, however I remain pessimistic. :/
  • katzinaz
    katzinaz Posts: 2 Member
    Got my versa yesterday and have had to deleted and reconnect 3x times already. Hoping that was an anomly.
  • manderson27
    Further update. My Fitbit Charge 3 is syncing automatically now when I open the APP or when I get near my laptop so although I remain a bit pessimistic that this will continue at the moment all is well.
  • rosebette
    Mine is working on MFPs online site but showing 0 steps on the iPhone app. You'd think the two platforms would agree.