DavidKuhnsSr
DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
Rise and shine, a new day awaits.

Replies

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Have to get the grandkids, up, fed, dressed and out the door for church, this morning. Always makes things a bit more challenging.

My surgery was on the last joint, at the base of my left thumb, Mike. It will be a year, the first week in March, and it still causes me pain. The doc says the graft went fine. No clue as to cause of my pain. The left thumb hurts quite a bit, too. I won't try surgery on it. It is annoying, not really debilitating.

Pee doesn't freeze in the air at -25. In fact, it didn't freeze at -70. On the other hand, spit froze before it hit the ground. Perhaps the weaker stream from 68-year old Dave would freeze better than it did from 28-year old Dave :D
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

You guys are too funny. We are heading into another polar vortex ourselves tomorrow. Sigh... We did get up to 40 yesterday, and our snow has mostly melted. First time less than an inch of snow on the ground this calendar year.

Rick, keeping you in prayer for speedy and complete recovery. Mike, and Bill, continue to remember you, as well for pain management.

Church this morning, projects this afternoon.

Mom is still in the hospital, but seems to be doing better again. She continues to surprise me.

Have a great day!
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes guys!! I hope everyone has a great day!! Prepare yourselves for the dreaded "polar vortex".....Is it time for pitchers and catchers yet? Lol

Rick
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Pee doesn't freeze in the air at -25. In fact, it didn't freeze at -70. On the other hand, spit froze before it hit the ground. Perhaps the weaker stream from 68-year old Dave would freeze better than it did from 28-year old Dave :D
    Hall of fame worthy post, Dave.

I managed to drop 0.6 at WI which was a surprise but enough to encourage me greatly. I had a great day yesterday getting over to Coyote Hills Park by the Bay for a nice 3+ mile walk/hike on the Bayview Trail. It is a favorite Regional park of ours. Though I had to ice & stim the knee afterward and was very tired, it was great to be out doing this stuff again. There are a several other trails with more climbing I would like to slowly build up to that are within the 3 mile max limit the Doc has on my knee for walking. Less with hills but...... It really motivated me to keep going to slowly rebuild some strength/flexibility in my legs to support the knees. It still tires me out quite a bit. How did I get so far out of shape these last 4 years? Easing into some shoulder work too in prep for tomorrow's PT/Inquisition session.

Firstborn turns 34 today. Seems wrong that I should have 2 kids in their 30's. How did that happen?
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Survived DS's surprise party last night. He was genuinely surprised and happy that everybody came. Good food there. Upstairs bar with antlers and deer/elk/boar heads mounted on all the walls. Fun time.

Back from church, may go for a hike after lunch and enjoy sunshine before the snow arrives later this week.