Looking for Buddies!

Options
Carnal_Desire
Carnal_Desire Posts: 12 Member
It doesn't look like people are really active in this group but I would love to meet some like minded friends. I am looking to drop around 150lbs. I started eating better last Friday and I joned a 6wk get Fit Channel at a local Gym. The first workout was on Monday, it was hard and I was the biggest person there.. that was really a shot to the ego. I am not giving up though. I may not be able to go as fast or as much as they can right now but I will get there. I have lost 5lbs since Friday. I am not starving myself, I am simply eating much better. I cut out Bread, dairy, processed foods, sugar, artificial sugar, fast food and anything white. I've never eaten so many vegitables and salads in my life. Eating lean meats, chicken, turkey, fresh deli-ham.

Is anyone else starting out to loose this much?

Jess

Replies

• CMini07
    CMini07 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I needed to lose 150 pounds when I started last year, and I am down 70 lbs. Would love to add you if you want a friend!
  • kasketcrew13
    kasketcrew13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m currently 379 looking for friends as well
  • chekhov_liszt
    chekhov_liszt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm wanting to lose between 130 and 155. I started eating better in September, but didn't weight myself until a couple of weeks ago. Now I know what I weigh and can monitor things better. But from September to now, my clothes have gotten quite a bit bigger and people have mentioned that I look smaller.
  • m1kk1
    m1kk1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your successes so far, @chekhov_liszt! I still want to lose, at least, another 100 pounds, possibly 140. Nice to see you here.
  • m1kk1
    m1kk1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I’m currently 379 looking for friends as well

Hi @kasketcrew13. When I started, most recently, I was right about where you are. At my highest, I was 440. Nice to see you here!
  • 2014carmeng
    2014carmeng Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess, I need to lose 122 lbs, but you are off to a great start! You Go girl! I usually remind myself that I'm at the gym for me not anyone else. I'm mostly doing home workouts due to covid. Keep up the good work.