shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
Good Morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I know that we don't have it as bad as our friends north of us, but I'm looking at -3F on my thermometer, with -12 feels like. We are supposed to get snow this afternoon - at rush hour.

Mom is still in the hospital, and still holding her own.

Jasmine is still giving me headaches at work. Different than Shelly did, but I would wish for a clerk that just knew what she was doing, and acted like a clerk. We have been waiting on an incoming container that was held up in customs, in part, due to the shutdown. Now the container is in KC. For some reason, Jasmine took it upon herself to schedule the container for Friday at 11:00. Why would she schedule a container, and why wouldn't she schedule it for now? The company president is not amused, and now I get to talk with her this morning.

Have a great day!
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Snow on the ground this morning, a few inches of fluffy looking powder everywhere. My bucket of shiners survived the night out on the balcony and my thermos of hot soup is packed. Leaving in an hour to meet up with my friend Dave and chop holes in ice--an upper body workout.

Have a good one.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Had to think for a moment, what a bucket of shiners was. Live bait is illegal out here. Don't want to introduce non-native species, I think. Good luck, Mike. Give us a catch report.

Another beautiful day forecast, here. Supposed to be 52 and sunny. Sorry for those of you in the vortex.

DW has a miserable cold. Praying I don't catch it. I made her a big pot of pork sinigang, yesterday. It's a Philippine soup/stew in a broth flavored with tamarind. She said it was very good. So, I have learned something in 32 years of marriage. Hope she feels better, today.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Balmy 21 degrees. 5 inches of snow.

Prayers for your DMIL continue, Steve. Good help is hard to find.

Hope your DW feels better with hot stew, Dave. Sounds good.

Be OP ;-)
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Sadly my DSIL in Minneapolis, sister in Chicago, and brother in Iowa are all having windchills somewhere close to -50°F
    Dave hope your DW is feeling better soon. pork sinigang sounds wonderful. Can't remember if I had that one when I was in the Philippines briefly.
    STAY WARM AND SAFE ALL.
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My DW is a Filipina and I have had that soup at one time or another...I think. The cold temps are here not much snow though which is fine by me. I'm still struggling w/only having 1 arm to work with. Sleeping has been a challenge. I stopped taking the pain meds about 2 days ago. I've been sleeping in the recliner after unsuccessfully trying to sleep in our bed. Have a Great Day Everyone!!

Rick
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    It had made it up to 32 when I got back from gym, should get to 50 this afternoon and may hit 70 next week; no snow here after major shut down yesterday, what a way to kill economy
    Steve, just be thankful you are not government where you couldn't do nothing about incompetence; do you really expect employees to think? Hope DMIL is improving, know Connie did a superb job
    Mike, stay warm out there,
    Lee, any snow that needs shoveling is too much for me.
    Dave, some shop time is always therapeutic; hope Rita is better soon,
    Rick, what are do you live in? you may have said and I just don't remember.
    Bob, how far are you riding a day now?
    Happy HUMPING,
    Enjoy the Day
    Sam I am
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I struggle to get my mind around the wind chill temps I am seeing on the news. Do most businesses & offices close during this, I hope?

Tracking fell off yesterday but restarting yet again. The knee is starting to feel better with the daily walks which is encouraging! The shoulder is still enjoying the Cortisone blessing, as is the arthritis in my right hand. Hopefully, PT won't screw it up today. I will be less compliant then I used to be with them to avoid the 48hr recovery. Back is stiff but no persistent nerve pain. I will be working on it this afternoon, reviewing some foam roller videos and being more mindful of posture issues. I could get used to this!

Dave, I looked up that soup to see if DW would enjoy it. Tip of the hat to you. Not exactly a quick chicken noodle soup.

Be safe!