shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
Good Morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Thank you guys for the prayers, and kind words. Yesterday was spent almost all day at the hospital. We gathered the family, because we thought that death was immanent. Instead, she rallied a little bit, and was fairly stable when we went home at 8:30 last night. We don't know what today will bring.

It is almost funny how many people fight believing global warming, yet cling onto the 40% accuracy rate of a groundhog in Pennsylvania.

I hope that everyone has a great day!

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Happy Groundhog Day to all true believers. I used to love the old farmers' almanac predictions and folk stories. "If the onion skins grow thick in fall..." etc. etc.

Yesterday used to be the official end of the Christmas season--Candlemas Day-- when people walked in procession holding candles on their way into church. Kept the winter blues at bay to have the home decorated during the darkest part of winter. ...Before there was TV, electric lights, music recordings, and other artificial entertainment.

Church this morning, then may go visiting. Definitely watching the game tonight. My grandkids all have NE jerseys with 12 on the front, Bradey's #. Had one Steelers fan once, but he converted.

Working on tracking today. The challenge comes when I'm out visiting and not even sure what it is I'm eating.

Have a good day.

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents

Been up all night with a patient. A wee bit blurry eyed.
    May not make it through the Game.

Prayers continue for yer mum, Steve.

Be OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Groundhog Day draws almost no interest out here. Not mentioned at all. Guess we live too far from the origins.

Not feeling much excitement for the Super Bowl, either. I'll watch, if we're home. DW went to bed daying she wants to go to urgent care at the hospital, after I get home from church. I might spend the Super Bowl sitting in a waiting room.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Groundhog Day isn't too big here either. But neither are harsh winter seasons.

Quiet day yesterday. DW had a headache after getting her eyes diliated so we had some lunch and headed home and relaxed in a dark room watching movies. The back has loosened up and a day of rest and care didn't hurt. Rain on and off today, so I will squeeze in 40 min flat walk and resume my workouts for various body parts. I don't believe we will watch the game since I could care less. But last year Heather decided at the last moment she wanted to watch for the commercials. I am guessing not this year. But f I will pull for the Cal guy at quarterback in the end.

I will be praying for DMIL and family,Steve. These are difficult times. Peace my Brother.
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like anyone really cares about the game tonight. I am tired of seeing the Patriots I'd like to see anyone else but them at this point. Steve my prayers are with you and your family.