shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
Good Morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Thank you guys for the continued prayer. I don't have any reports from overnight, so I can only assume that she is still hanging in there. I'm surprised. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to lose mom, but I don't want her hanging around if it is drug induced, and she is in a great deal of pain.

Still super busy at work.

Still winter. Bill, I blame California for our weather mess. It is a storm that is hanging of the Pacific that is going to cause us messes for the next three days. Just keep your storms out there, OK? :smiley:

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Had a helluva weekend at work. Only got to see first half of Super Bowl, then passed out from exhaustion.

Then a early and busy day yesterday. Practice is supposed to be slow in the winter! Winter is usually when we can get a lot of minor renovation projects done.

Sorry about your DMIL, Steve. I agree about the concern for her quality of life.

Made pheasant chilindron red pepper stew for Super Bowl. Nice change from chili.

Be OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

It's 18 degrees on the backyard weather station. Brrr. That's cold in our boring, maritime climate.

Doctor said DW has a virus - which is what I expected. He at least allayed her fears that something worse was going on. She's still coughing, but she seems better, to me.

I might try to do some work in the shop, today. I'll need two space heaters to bring it up to a reasonable temperature, though.

Prayers for grace and peace in a difficult time, for you and your family, Steve.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Steve, continuing in prayer for DMIL, Connie and the family. For the record, we are not the source of your winter ills. It is Dave. We only get the southern end of the storm that flows through Daveland. When he gets tired of it, he disposes of such weather to the east without so much of a thought. I think if he spends more time in the shop and on the trail, he may come to his senses.

Mike, awesome Superbowl picture! Those smiles almost distracted me from their bizarre clothing.

PT did its usual job on my upper arm. My range of motion is good, I think I may deep-six PT in a week or so and just work on the stretches and exercises and avoid the 2 day arm pain recovery from these sessions. I postponed bread making yesterday due to my arm, but will bake one or 2 large loaves today and hopefully be able to give one away. No tutoring this week due to the start of Chinese New year celebration and a vacation so an opportunity to get some things done.

Happy Year of the Pig!
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    Mornin'

Sleep doc this afternoon, and some errands on the way there and back.

Sunny here, and warming up again. Yesterday hit 60° here-- the groundhog was right, feels like spring.

DSIL is back from Atlanta. Meanwhile 5 year old GD Lucy got the flu, so he'll be working from home to take care of her. I told DD I am not keen flu, or on babysitting without a gas mask and hazmat suit.

Have a good day.
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!! Beautiful day outside today! I decided to go out and walk for a while. I needed the exercise badly. Enjoy the day guys!!
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    •Had guacamole in moderation dipped with veggies non-alcoholic beer (Clausthaler) plus a small scoop of curried chicken and small scoop of shredded pork. A few shrimp too. All in all not bad for an afternoon snack and early dinner for the Super Bowl.
    •More like 26deg here all night and just 3/4" of snow. I thought it wouldn't snow but had put on my studded snow bike tires on Sunday afternoon anyway. Needed them for the various wetland bridges today which were snow covered.
    *Continued Ts and Ps headed your way for your DMIL , Steve.
    •Stay warm and cozy all!