First check-in February 8

Options
steffijo01
steffijo01 Posts: 22 Member
Hi everyone,

I have been residing in South Korea for going on 7 years now so my time zone is quite a bit ahead of the European and North American time zones so I'll be posting my weigh-ins early most weeks. I got my weight checked today but will probably update my measurements tomorrow.

I have been attending a weight-loss clinic here in Korea and last week I was 67 kilograms and today I was 67.2 so slightly disappointed, but what can you do except keep trying right.

It would be nice if you feel like it to introduce yourselves here and maybe share a little bit about why you want to lose weight / maintain / get fit(ter) in the next year.

Good luck everyone and I hope you enjoy the group.

Stephanie

Replies

• laurenmariecee
    laurenmariecee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I appreciate your dedication to the group. I added the weigh in day to my calendar so I remembered to log.

So I'm almost 30, and was at my lowest adult weight two years ago. I then met my now fiance and.. I just don't know how to stay healthy in relationships. Every time I have lost weight it was in reaction to a breakup. This time I want to learn how to juggle it all because I'd love it to be my forever relationship.

It's crazy I know all the things to do I am just working on my mental health to re-apply them.
  • lisajbrown1984
    lisajbrown1984 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m Lisa and I love on the uk (kent)
    I’ve previously lost 4stone (56lb) but in the last 6 months I’ve put over half of it back on.
    Today I am 12stone so a nice round number to start.
    I have 3 children and I work in a book makers so spend a lot of my day at work on my butt.
    I’m getting married 22md October 2020
  • laurenmariecee
    Options
    Hi. I’m Lisa and I love on the uk (kent)
    I’ve previously lost 4stone (56lb) but in the last 6 months I’ve put over half of it back on.
    Today I am 12stone so a nice round number to start.
    I have 3 children and I work in a book makers so spend a lot of my day at work on my butt.
    I’m getting married 22md October 2020

Hi Lisa, I also spend all day on my butt! haha. My first time like this ever.
  • lisajbrown1984
    Options
    Hello! I appreciate your dedication to the group. I added the weigh in day to my calendar so I remembered to log.

So I'm almost 30, and was at my lowest adult weight two years ago. I then met my now fiance and.. I just don't know how to stay healthy in relationships. Every time I have lost weight it was in reaction to a breakup. This time I want to learn how to juggle it all because I'd love it to be my forever relationship.

It's crazy I know all the things to do I am just working on my mental health to re-apply them.

Hi Lauren... mental health can be a total b***h. I have depression and anxiety, and there is a little switch that seems to flip when I get p’ed off that makes me eat as much junk as I possibly can
  • steffijo01
    steffijo01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I feel similar to you ladies on a few cases. I reached my lowest adult weight a few years ago when I was in a relationship with a different man who told me I should lose weight. I lost it and I felt great but the relationship ultimately didn't work out and I found my current partner. We put on all our weight together and we are both trying to lose it now before we get married next year. We both tend to just enjoy food and eat a lot without control. But even though we don't snack on junk food that much we still tend to gain weight.

I am not a super active person and I don't particularly enjoy exercise when I could just be quiet at home instead. However I will be ...trying... to add more exercise. Luckily I am a university teacher so I once classes start I will be on my feet and busy most of the day. And I have to walk to the bus stop and walk through my university campus so hopefully that will count for something.

I think I tend towards the side of anxiety and depression with insomnia, though I am not serious enough to be diagnosed with a disorder I do have that slightly underlying aspect that I am sure could come out full force if I don't take care of myself. The insomnia was very bad in 2016 and 2017 and on those nights when I was awake all night or most of the night I was absolutely starving all the time. It made thinking about diet and exercise impossible. Hopefully I don't go through that kind of thing again! It sucks!
  • lisajbrown1984
    Options
    This is what I managed... it was all calorie based. (14stone down to 10)
    Kevin (h2b) was a chef and 19stone. He started to learn about nutrition, lost 8 stone and became a personal trainer. He was my inspiration to lose weight to begin with.

I hate almost forms of cardio, but love to walk outdoors for hours in the warmer weather. In the gym I stick to weights
  • laurenmariecee
    Options
    I’m glad I found this group! I should turn on notifications so I remember to check this.
  • lisajbrown1984
    Options
    How’s everyone feeling this week
  • laurenmariecee
    Options
    How’s everyone feeling this week

It’s been a rough one all around.. :( but I am planning for meal preps tonight before I go shopping. What about you?

• hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I have about 20 kilograms to lose. I'd really like to finish by the end of the year. I last was at goal weight about 7 years ago.

I'll be going sugar free on Thursday, I managed 45 days late last year, but then my father fell, went to hospital and unfortunately died there.
  • lisajbrown1984
    Options
    I’m not doing too bad . Started some new stuff in the gym this week with encouragement from the h2b.
    Sumo deadlift and bench press. And I love it. Looking forward to getting in there to improve