IVF Superfoods

Options
foodsforfertility
foodsforfertility Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2019 in Social Groups
There are a lot of IVF Superfoods that I feel helped me in my successful embryo transfer. Let me know if there are any foods you thought impacted your IVF Cycle one way or another!

Replies

• FatKittah
    FatKittah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am on CD4 of my first FET cycle. What are the foods you consider to be a super food? I still have a lot of bloat and gained about 15 pounds from my ER and am very uncomfortable in my skin, but am finding the emotional side of IVF wins over the healthy diet side.
  • time4kristen
    time4kristen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to know some of the superfoods! I am on cycle day 8 and will be taking hcg soon. Man the shots hurt!
  • FatKittah
    FatKittah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @time4kristen Some of the foods that Dr Kiltz at CNY Fertility recommends are bacon, beef, eggs, and butter. He's a big supporter of the keto diet, but specifically those 4 foods. I go to CNY but Dr K isn't my doctor, he does have information on their webpage and does a weekly Sunday FB live event to answer questions.

Idk what foods the original poster had in mind here since she hasn't answered. The idea behind the keto is to reduce inflammation in the body. I didn't do keto for my ER and we only got 5 eggs and 3 embryos. I've been eating keto (but more than those 4 foods) since Monday and am planning to continue past transfer, which I think will be next week.

Are you doing ivf now?
  • foodsforfertility
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to list them! I did a lot of research, and also followed my Doctor's advice on a lot of protein, nuts, healthy fats and dark leafy greens. AVOID caffeine, alcohol, sugar, soy and peas. I drank warm lemon water every morning on an empty stomach to help circulate all of the hormones I was on, and drank a cup of bone broth every night before bed. I ate berries everyday and drank pomegranate juice to increase blood flow to the uterus. Also, avocado everyday is really supposed to help increase your success rate. I followed THIS LIST of superfoods.
  • christeria
    christeria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist has told me to eat some type of nuts/seeds daily (Chia have Omega-3's and Brazil Nuts have Selenium, which are both particularly beneficial). She also told me to get plenty of leafy greens and avocado in my diet. Each day, there should be at least 30-35% protein in the macro breakdown. The healthy fats that she recommends are coconut oil and avocado oil for cooking (never cook with olive oil because at high heat it smokes, making cancer-causing carcinogens, but olive oil is great for salads). She also encouraged me to use Turmeric (with black pepper) to decrease inflammation. In order to cut down on inflammation, I have also eliminated added sugar and milk (although cow's milk can be very good for TTC as long as it is grass-fed milk with no hormones added- I just have a lot of inflammation so it's not a healthy choice for me personally).
  • foodsforfertility
    foodsforfertility Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes! These are actually all things I did during my successful cycle!