Former Skinny Guy Turned Fatty Needs Some Insight.

Options
SkinnyTurnedFatty
SkinnyTurnedFatty Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2019 in Social Groups
Hey y’all,
I’m a weak-willed former skinny guy turned fat *kitten* (well, skinny fat I suppose). I’m 5’8” and used to be 150lbs. About 6 months ago, I had dropped down to 130lbs and frequently heard friends and family comment on how skinny I was, so I set out to gain some weight... some weight (which is something I’ve had a hard time doing until now). Fast forward 2 months later and I’m 30-*kitten*-pounds OVER my normal weight, coming in at a whopping 175-180lbs (which is a lot when you’re not very tall) and unfortunately, I cannot seem to find the will power, discipline, or motivation to diet and exercise so I can return to my normal weight. I feel super embarrassed, and it took me a while to even admit that there was a problem. All of my additional weight seems to be manifesting as thunder thighs, a fat *kitten*, and love handles, none of which look good on me. I’m quite certain a lot of this has to do with my sleep hygiene, or lack there of. I get an average of 2 to 4 hours of sleep per night, habitually not sleeping for a night, sometimes two, which I know will significantly slow down a person’s metabolism... Especially when they spend this time stuffing her face with ice cream, candy, and Frosted Flakes (but unlike Frosted Flakes, I hardly find my appearance to be “Grrrrreat”). I’ve noticed that I have started to turn down invitations to social functions and events/activities I enjoy because I am so self-conscious and embarrassed to be seen looking like this. Many people have told me that they can hardly notice that I have put on weight, but as we all know, that doesn’t matter; what truly matters is how a person feels on the inside and I feel like a fat piece of *kitten*. Most of my clothes don’t fit anymore and every time I go to try on a pair of pants or a shirt I am reminded of how much I have let myself go...
I apologize for the lengthy diatribe however I’m not entirely sure what my intention was in posting this statement. I feel like I know what I need to do: stop eating so much *kitten* (ie: junk food/sugary snacks/candy) & try to exercise at least 20 min/day (instead of sitting on my *kitten* watching Netflix and eating garbage). I guess I maybe need some encouragement or tips/pointers as to how I can motivate myself and what would be a good way to kick start this diet and exercise regiment. I tend to want instant results and will often bite off more than I can chew (no pun intended), which typically ends with me getting overwhelmed, giving up, and feeling like a failure, and so I would reeeaaally love to put an end to that and return to my fightin’ weight. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated, as my depression is slowly starting to creep back into my life, and it’s sucking what little motivation I have left. Thank you for reading all of this and thank you in advance for helping me out. Whether or not you can provide any guidance, just knowing that you took the time to read my story has already helped me tremendously.

Thanks,

Skinny-Turned-Fatty

Replies

• LisaJV
    LisaJV Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, firstly, 175-180lbs is not hugely overweight at 5’8, i’m the same! Obviously I want to lose some weight otherwise I wouldn’t be here, set a realistic goal and don’t make it too far away otherwise you’ll get disheartened- you can always set a new goal when you hit that one. Try and find out why you aren’t sleeping- is there a medical reason?
    Swap your snacks for low calorie ones? I’m lactose intolerant so can’t have ice cream but when I fancy it, I have soya ice cream which is also lower in kcal so win/win! Enter EVERYTHING, weigh everything (and be honest) and put it in your diary, do a week without focusing on weight loss, it will give you an insight as to your habits. And lastly, you can do this!
  • Pamelyb
    Pamelyb Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Do you have a local YMCA or other club? I am finding boot camp classes to be full of enough variety that not only am I meeting new people with similar goals, but I am having fun, and I find that I am not especially sore from overworking a muscle group. Add to that, most of the exercises are modifiable, which I need (given my current weight and strength limitations). Every one in class is really helpful and friendly, and it makes me want to come back! Good luck on your journey. Make up your mind, find like minded people, and get what you are after!