Fruit has no Point Value-can you eat too much of it?

1deze
1deze Posts: 6 Member
Considering that fruit has 0 points, is it possible to eat too much eat and stall weight loss progress?

Replies

• Anemic_Oak
    Anemic_Oak Posts: 46 Member
    Talked to a chat counciler and she wouldn't say 1/2 a watermelon was too much. But my scale says differently
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Fruit is actually pretty high in calories, you will definitely stall or gain weight if you eat too much of it.
  • Orione2
    Orione2 Posts: 54 Member
    I eat loads up to 6 pieces a day when I began 6 ,weeks ago and am losing average 2lb a week. Though as I go along I seem to need less to be me through those need something momentd
  • Limon421
    Limon421 Posts: 23 Member
    Yes, my WW leader teaches only two half cups of fruit and day.
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    I recently joined mfp. I was a lifetime member on ww. I loved points plus! Got to goal and thought it was an easy way of life. Out of no where I started to gain weight. I counted all my calories and I was eating about 1440-1500 daily but I didn't count my vegetables...I added up my veggies on mfp and they came to 300 calories in vegies!!! Do u think that's what was stalling my weight loss and making me gain?
  • CharlieAnn31
    CharlieAnn31 Posts: 45 Member
    The idea is that you are supposed to eat up to the point of being satisfied. some of us don't know satisfied but I am learning since I am doing weight watchers. I lost a lot of weight first time I was on weigh watcher eating as much grapes as I wanted. I made lifetime decided to do it on my own even though i had free membership, now starting from scratch and will never do that again. I tried doing fitness pal without weight watchers but just was not going anywhere. I personally need the having to get weighed in accountability and support from both mfp and WW.
  • Dandylines
    Dandylines Posts: 18 Member
    Possible I suppose but look how it also affects your gut. Too much fruit (I love it) sends me to bathroom too much.
  • Grayswifey
    Grayswifey Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone. I did Weight Watchers years ago. Lost some weight, quit doing it and gained back. Same thing with MFP. Some ladies at work started the new WW plan and lost weight. My daughter signed up because she said a lot of people she works with lost weight using it. So I decided to give it a try.
    Well in 3 weeks I've lost 1 pound. The first week I lost about 3 pounds. Over the last 2 weeks I've gained 2 of those back.
    I am not over eating the 0 point foods. Most days I'm a point or 2 under my daily goal, some days I'm a little over. I have 10-15 weeklies left over.
    I cross referenced what I'm eating on WW with MFP. I had MFP set at 1200 calories a day. I've been running between 950 and 1250. I just don't understand it.