2»

Replies

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Mini Challenge

Date: Wed, 20th:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, treadmill for 30 min at 3.0mph; at a 1 incline; played fetch with the dog for 15 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for Wednesday
    Attended boot camp and did a 20 min dog walk
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    3/20
    3x- Yes
    Sometimes I get discouraged becajse I don’t lose as quick as others having PCOS. I’ve lost 28lbs, inches, sizes and I have a healthy daily food and water intake. I’m back on 5cups a day fruit/veggies and got 5.5c today! Most important, I’m happy and proud of me😊💪🏻
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • lklimowicz
    lklimowicz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes I exercise for 20 minutes - hit the treadmill
    No I was not under my goal (that’s the problem with not logging immediately while eating-you don’t know when you hit your max until it’s too late
    Yes I logged all my meals/snacks/BLTs (benefit of taking pictures so you don’t forget
  • hkfleming
    hkfleming Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes. 30 minutes of walking to and from the gym, then Stronglifts Workout A, plus accessory work.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Indeed I did! Ended up way under on accident, but since I do my calories on a weekly average, it will work out fine.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes. Even the two (delicious) Cadbury Mini-Eggs
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 20 minutes on mini-trampoline plus 2 x 1 km of brisk walking to and from BFF's house (the sidewalks are much clearer these days).

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes. And planned my day AROUND the fresh baked scone for snack.
  • l_lake
    l_lake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • shalvy2007
    shalvy2007 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes volleyball and treadmill
    calories yes
    tracking yes
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    @corriepelc @MadisonMolly2017 and @TerriRichardson112 Hearing your stories is so insightful. I see you now and sometimes have a hard time relating because you are doing so great. Knowing you once were where I am now gives me encouragement and hope. I can be a younger me when I get to 60! Like many of my MFP friends remind me, it's progress, not perfection.

3/20
    8th Pass Day :(
    Kinda disappointed about that because I felt I was doing so good. Looking back at my day, my breakfast and lunch were higher in calories then my dinner. Which in reality I know that is good (thanks for the reminder @strongscarlet , but my pattern has been, save the calories for later. If I could have avoided the last two beers I would have been ok. All in time I guess.

Calories? No...see above ;)
    Tracked? Yes
    Exercise? Yes, two very good 15 minute workouts. They felt easier to work harder.
  • Sunshinfit
    Sunshinfit Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Exercise- yes
    Tracking-yes
    Calories- no
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Options
    @corriepelc @MadisonMolly2017 and @TerriRichardson112 Hearing your stories is so insightful. I see you now and sometimes have a hard time relating because you are doing so great. Knowing you once were where I am now gives me encouragement and hope. I can be a younger me when I get to 60! Like many of my MFP friends remind me, it's progress, not perfection.

3/20
    Kinda disappointed about that because I felt I was doing so good. Looking back at my day, my breakfast and lunch were higher in calories then my dinner. Which in reality I know that is good (thanks for the reminder @strongscarlet , but my pattern has been, save the calories for later. If I could have avoided the last two beers I would have been ok. All in time I guess.

Tracked? Yes
    Exercise? Yes, two very good 15 minute workouts. They felt easier to work harder.

Tried to "hug" above, but the "java script disabled" screen wouldn't let me .... see how the exercise capacity is improving already? That's a GREAT announce-any-time NSV!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    March 20, 2019

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass day 4/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options

I specifically looked for a graphic which would express this concept, "When you always look forward toward a distant goal, you can become discouraged because the goal seems so far away. On the other hand, if you look backwards to see where you started, then, you can see how far you have come." That concept has been very important to me. I can get frustrated with myself when my goals are not fulfilled. But, when I look back, it gives me the perspective to appreciate that I have made progress. I've not arrived, but I'm not where I started.
    I hope this idea may help you too!
    Rick

This is so true. Every year, I bring out the dress I wore to WW the very first day I joined the program. I am so surprise at the size of the outfit and can't believe I once wore it.
    This is a reminder of how far I have come and there is no going back. I have been a life member for 9 years now and counting.

It helps my resolve never to give up or go back. I can do lots of stuffs.

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,033 Member
    Options

3/20

Tracked? Yes

@AbandondedKSCharger
    You did see the part where I was/am struggling, right?! 😀But the key is tiny habit changes and Never Give Up! Hardest when things go South, but also the Most important time. Takes courage & self love.

I was over 215lbs from 10th/11th grade until 2017 except for 4-6 times dieting.

I’m determined to NEVER do this again.

And yes, I feel 40 years younger. Seriously. Running up stairs, etc.

Go for it!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

3/20

Tracked? Yes

@AbandondedKSCharger
    You did see the part where I was/am struggling, right?! 😀But the key is tiny habit changes and Never Give Up! Hardest when things go South, but also the Most important time. Takes courage & self love.

I was over 215lbs from 10th/11th grade until 2017 except for 4-6 times dieting.

I’m determined to NEVER do this again.

And yes, I feel 40 years younger. Seriously. Running up stairs, etc.

Go for it!!

You may be struggling. But we've all been there! And if you are logging in here each day, despite the pass days, so you're way ahead of those who just give up! Keep on keeping on, and you will succeed.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? NO
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NO
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? NO

Had an unusually busy day with 3 appointments for my dad. First, he wanted to make sure he didn't have aspiration pneumonia, which, thankfully, he didn't. That meant a visit to his primary physician. Then it was off to get his toenails trimmed. His nails are very thick, and he used to cut them himself with wire cutters!! Since Medicare pays for it, he wants to go back every 3 months to get them cut. Finally, it was off to his PT appointment. Needless to say, I fell asleep at 7 pm that night and slept for a couple hours before getting up briefly and then going back to sleep.
  • strongscarlet
    strongscarlet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @strongscarlet
    March 20th, 2019
    No x 3

I’m hanging in here (and won’t stop) despite 3 numbers today, and extreme life-stress.