What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    And it makes you keep the Just For Today expectations realistic! Which will make your monthly / yearly targets more likely to actually be hit!

(And regular review on all scales gives you a chance to make realistic adjustments, based on unexpected changes in circumstance - like illness or injury slowing you down for a short time, or increased base fitness level allowing higher weekly exercise calorie burns, thus allowing you to up your month-by month expectations later in the year.)

I use "just for today" quite often. Also, "one day at a time " :)
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday my fellow UAC'ers!

So I was going to get back on the treadmill today. I told myself all weekend, "the treadmill plan starts Monday". However, my to-do list and leftover to-do's from the weekend are not allowing for a treadmill today. So today's goal is to get everything done and caught up from the weekend and treadmill tomorrow. Time to tackle my busy day. :smile:
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    That's called "Layering" .... dealing with the "Yeah, but"s that are in the way, so that you can get on with .... whatever.

The fact that you not only have a PLAN, but are actually ACTING on it TODAY ... to clear the way to the treadmill tomorrow .... is PROGRESS!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    What about even a 5 minute session (or walk around the block outside if the weather is good where you are) as a Health Break when X amount of your list is done, and then another mini-session when it is all done? Then you WILL HAVE "started your treadmill plan" today .... and depending on what's on your To Do list ... you may well be plenty qualified for the "20 minutes of intentional activity" for today .... ;):D
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 Your 4 circle method is similar to the 4 step planning that I use. I apply it to all my goals, not just health/fitness ones.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    I have a question. Why do some folks put their exercise as 1 calorie? Is it because they don't want to mess up their caloric totals or something? I've seen several people have a big workout and the calorie count burned is only 1.
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9
    Thanks for the message and support.
    I knew April would be a challenge....not working for 2 weeks; exercise classes cancelled; kids at home etc etc.
    I don't stick to the plan very well when out of my normal routine....I just kick back and don't do anything. Things should start to improve this week :)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I have a question. Why do some folks put their exercise as 1 calorie? Is it because they don't want to mess up their caloric totals or something? I've seen several people have a big workout and the calorie count burned is only 1.

No idea - unless their profile is already set to "very active" to accommodate habitual exercise or workout routine ... and the "1 calorie" is a self-signal that specifics are in the Exercise Notes? Or exercise burn is covered by a synced fitbit or equivalent and so doesn't need to be specifically entered?

Just wild speculation on possibilities, here.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Thanks, @BMcC9!
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Love the circles @BMcC9 thanks so much for sharing! xx
  • stephensweeney93
    stephensweeney93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So Were about halfway through and although Ive had roughly 9 "Pass Days" and won't be in the winner circle, I have to say this is the most accountable that I have been using MFP for some time. I have lost about 6lb in April so far, so even though I don't think ill make the winners circle next month, I will still join in May.
    Thanks for all the support guys.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9, those are great circles!

@BonnieHosk85, I think they want to track the exercise without accounting for the calories, either because they've already tracked the exercise some other way (like very active or a device that syncs) or they just don't eat/want exercise calories logged.

@stephensweeney93, that's an awesome accomplishment! It's all about finding something that works for you, and it definitely sounds like you're winning the UAC even if you won't be in the winners' circle! :)
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Thanks, @fitphoenix! Makes sense.
  • stephensweeney93
    stephensweeney93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    fitphoenix wrote: »
    @BMcC9, those are great circles!

@BonnieHosk85, I think they want to track the exercise without accounting for the calories, either because they've already tracked the exercise some other way (like very active or a device that syncs) or they just don't eat/want exercise calories logged.

@stephensweeney93, that's an awesome accomplishment! It's all about finding something that works for you, and it definitely sounds like you're winning the UAC even if you won't be in the winners' circle! :)

Thanks @fitphoenix

• BMcC9
    Options
    (Sigh) If only ..... the rules would let me apply the significant over-calories of yesterday to the very significant UNDER calories today .... just plain never got hungry after that over-sized supper .... even AFTER increasing the volume of my after-supper bowl of popcorn!
  • KCJen
    edited April 2019
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    (Sigh) If only ..... the rules would let me apply the significant over-calories of yesterday to the very significant UNDER calories today .... just plain never got hungry after that over-sized supper .... even AFTER increasing the volume of my after-supper bowl of popcorn!

I am too tired to figure out how to attach a spreadsheet...however, I believe calories rules will allow for "rollover" calories. I will have to tackle this later, but I don't see why rollover won't work as long as the weekly allotment for calories was not exceeded. Of course I am trying to figure out this newly founded loophole, however, this doesn't mean we get to starve for 3 days to have "all you can eat taco Tuesday" : ) ha ha ha ha

this is what happens to me when I study all day ^^^^
  • BMcC9
    Options
    In terms of general biochemistry, I am sure that is the case ... but not so sure that it applies to the "3 Pass" rule calculations ..... so still going with the "pass used" ruling in the UAC context,
  • KCJen
    Options
    Sorry, just a little late night humor.