Hello Pregnancy

Options
arlissap
arlissap Posts: 7 Member
Hey all! My name is Arlissa. After my momma passed away in 2014, I gained a ton of weight and now I am definitely obese. Through the holidays I actually managed to lose 10lbs with diet and exercise! Lets call that a holiday victory lol. 2 weeks ago I started to feel a little strange. I majorly upped my workouts (two a days). I was feeling great and then I started feeling exhausted. I thought I was pushing myself too hard. But then my nipples started hurting and I was like.. hmmm could it be? i took a pregnancy test and got a solid no. So i shrugged it off and continued to workout out hard and just dealt with the exhaustion. Last week I went to get my dress hemmed for my engagement party. When I took my dress off, I took one look at my nipples and was like "yep. Im pregnant". As soon as I left, I went and got a pregnancy test (4 to be exact). Within minutes of being home, I was staring down 4 positive pregnancy tests. I waited another day and took another (different brand) which was positive. Waiting 2 more days and took another.. solid positive. I called and made and appt with the dr. Took blood work on Friday and then again on Monday which showed a steady doubling of HCG. If my calculations are correct, I believe I am 5 weeks 3 days. Dr. said that sounded about right. We will know specifically on 13 FEB when we have our first ultrasound! Dr. said due to me being obese, I can still healthily lose weight in my first trimester. I spoke with my trainer who is certified in post and pre-natal care. She upped my calories and we made some adjustments. 1 Week on my new plan and no weight gain! I would like to drop some but I will stay confident in my food plan, workouts, and body. So we will see what happens from here.

Dr. only wants me gaining 6-12lbs. Anyone else have overweight issues prior to pregnancy? Hows the pregnancy going with weight gain? Calorie count? Would love to hear from others!

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am 12 almost 13 weeks pregnant due Aug 4. I'm not overweight though. I'd really like to not gain 65 lbs like I did with my last pregnancy though lol. So far I've gained 3 lbs. I hadn't gained anything until week 11, then I jumped up 2 lbs, and now I'm up another lb. A little worried with how fast it's coming on now, but I haven't been counting calories since I was 8 weeks. I'm thinking maybe I should start again.
  • arlissap
    arlissap Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    3lbs in your 1st trimester isn't bad at all though! Never hurts to keep counting! Im with you on the 65lbs. I gained 65-70 my first.
  • adeajax
    adeajax Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh it is so nice to see I am not alone....I am due aug.10. 5'4" and currently 197. I too gained 70 lbs with my last one and I am terrified to gain the same this time around. Are there certain goals yall put into the app? I wish they had a pregnant feature. Good luck on yalls journeys, it really does help to have some support. Even if it is through internet strangers but united through the awesome warrior journey of motherhood!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    adeajax wrote: »
    Oh it is so nice to see I am not alone....I am due aug.10. 5'4" and currently 197. I too gained 70 lbs with my last one and I am terrified to gain the same this time around. Are there certain goals yall put into the app? I wish they had a pregnant feature. Good luck on yalls journeys, it really does help to have some support. Even if it is through internet strangers but united through the awesome warrior journey of motherhood!

I haven't been counting calories since I was 8 weeks pregnant, and I'm 13 now lol. I hadn't gained anything for the first 11 weeks, and I gained 4 lbs in the last 2. So I think I'm going to start counting again. I think what I'm planning to do it set my goal to "maintain current weight" and then just aim to go over that goal by 300 a day? And see how that goes for a while.
  • carlaunderconstruction
    Options
    I see this thread isn't that active, but I wanted to join in. I am due October 7, and I am obese. I am 5,8" and started my pregnancy at 231lbs. My doctor doesn't want me gain more than 20lbs. I am 16 weeks right now and up, 4.8lbs so far. I started logging today, and I want to keep better tabs on my food intake. I'm hoping to gain less than 20lbs during this pregnancy if I can.