Here I am - Busy working mom who finally decided to do it for ME!

Options
JBL2517
JBL2517 Posts: 4 Member
Hi I am J.B. and I live in NC. I have been married for almost 10 years, have two amazing kids, my little boy is 6 1/2 and my daughter is 5. Daily life is very busy to say the least and I realized when I turned 36 this year that I have been taking care of everyone else for so long that I've forgot to take care of myself. There is no time like the present and it's time to make myself a priority.

The long story short is.....My weight has been a struggle pretty much my entire life and over the last two years I have really let myself go. I' wouldn't say that my eating habits are extremely unhealthy but I do it admit I'm a stress eater. Three weeks ago I went to the doctor for a routine checkup and stepped on the scale and was HORRIFIED to say the least. I looked down and saw a number that was close to what I weighed when I was pregnant with my daughter. I can't believe I'm going to admit this but I'm hoping sharing this will help me....the scale read 247 lbs. I have been using the My Fitness Pal app for about two weeks and I'm happy to report that I've lost 7.4 lbs but that's a long ways from what I want to be.

I need your HELP ladies! Discussing my weight struggles with my close friends and family has never been easy for me. Honestly, I feel like the ones that are closest to me become "too involved" and if I have a set back it gets shared or talked about with more people than I would like (that's kind of putting it mildly). Please don't get me wrong I do have a very supportive family and my friends are amazing but losing weight is not a subject I want to discuss with them. Everyone has an opinion, a suggestion or just read a great article that they think will really help me.

I really need the support of other moms out there in the real world, working hard every day to pay the bills, who understand the struggles of being everything to everyone and know that trying to lose weight isn't easy. If I'm struggling I want to be able to say this SUCKS and I know that someone else out there knows exactly what I mean.

I'm sure a lot of you can feel my pain and I'm hoping to find a group of ladies to take this weight loss journey with.

**PS: I apologize if I rambled :)**

Replies

• jpritchett4
    jpritchett4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I get it!!
  • KrystalGayle08
    KrystalGayle08 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi J.B. My name is Krystal and I have the same story. Busy mom life and all the guilt society puts on us to make everything perfect for our families means we end up neglecting our own health and needs. 4 years ago I weight 347 pounds and cried myself to sleep over and over again. I’m 5’9 with a large structure so my goal is 165. I’ve gotten to my goal twice in the last 2 years and most recent was September 2018. We have this mentality that if we can just get to our goal then everything will be perfect. But no. Maintenance is just as much work as losing. So sadly I gained quite a bit this winter with major slacking and a slipped disc injury and creeped back to 222! Today I’m 209 after just two weeks focused back on fitness pal and also incorporating IF which I absolutely love. My goal is to hit 170 by the end of June and I am determined. I see your post was from October so I’m hoping you have found some success. If you want another mom who knows what you are going through in your corner then send me a friend request :)
  • traceykj85
    traceykj85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been going through this myself! I recently went and dyed my hair the rose gold color I had been wanting to for a year and realized how little I have been doing for myself, including accepting less than I deserved. That weekend I went on an overnight trip with some girlfriends, also all moms and saw them all unapologetically logging their meals into the MFP app. I switch flipped and I have been consistently logging and packing my lunch all week. Not much, but certainly a better start than I usually have.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i think the majority of us share the same story. So no worries. Take your time and have fun try not to restrict yourself but document everything you consume burn those calories by dancing, parking in the back of the parking lot, take a flight of stairs you dont need to be in the gym to burn the calories and most of all have fun with it its a lifestyle change not a change for the moment.
  • ChristineA09
    ChristineA09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need major support and accountability. I'm having a super hard time trying to find motivation to eat right and exercise. Help!