Anyone Ever Take A Singles Vacation?

Options
Peloton73
Peloton73 Posts: 148 Member
Being a student again and not having to work means I have a month of winter break totally free. I love traveling the world and with a month off, I'm looking to do something epic.

I was wondering if anyone has taken a singles specific vacation through a company or Match.com? There is a 7 day cruise over New Years that looks appealing. Or I might fly to Europe and Eurail through a few countries and take each day as it comes.

Replies

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Noooo....but I did study abroad about a decade ago and went without knowing anyone. Before my program began, I had the option to go to 5 different European cities in 10 days. It was worth every penny (and its the last of my student loans so I'm still paying.

Not quite the same but similar circumstance of starting an adventure by yourself. I say...go for it. Groups wpuld be easier than alone, but it depends if your goal is for solitude or socialization.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've considered it. Heck I'm ready for ANY vacation!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I try to take a road trip once or twice per year. They are fast paced and would be solo anyway unless my SO could keep up with me (who could?!). I see/do stuff during the day (mostly hiking and historical sites) and drive to the next area at night. Usually they range from 4K-8K miles and 7-10 days. I've been to 48 states and D.C.

ETA: My next vacation trip is going to be a bit slower paced and with only 1 primary area - Glacier National Park. I'm doing the Glacier half marathon in June and then plan to backpack for a week or so after that.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I thought they were asking if anyone has taken a vacation with a singles group
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    gwenmf wrote: »
    I thought they were asking if anyone has taken a vacation with a singles group

Oh, I see now. I noticed this is a really old post, so maybe OP found that successful? TBH, I don't think that would be worthwhile. I'm childfree (don't have kids and don't want kids) and live in a rural area. There are not a lot of matches here. In the nearest city, which I visit quite often, I find that women are unwilling to date anyone outside of their neighborhood. To do a vaction with singles from various places around the country pretty much guarantees no matches.
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Yes took a singles vaca last year and went to Panama City Beach Florida
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to do this.