April 27 Sign In

Options
2»

Replies

• HelensBeads
    HelensBeads Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am so far over my pass days that the winners' circle is not even in view!

This was one of the 2 planned pass days, my baby's 21st birthday!
    We went out for dinner and after there was cake, cake with buttercream icing, vanilla buttercream! Buttercream is my downfall, or at least good buttercream is, I've had some so-called buttercream which is just sweet rancidness. I remarked to someone a while back that if you give me a pot of butter then I'd wave it away. Give me a pot of sugar and it can sit there for all I'm concerned. But mix them together (with a bit of vanilla, or a lot of vanilla more likely) and suddenly I'm there waiting with a spoon to dig in! Mentally I find that a very strange phenomenon. From where I'm sitting I can see the upturned bowl which is covering the remains of the cake, but I'm going to resist. So long as I don't take that first lick I'll be ok.

Anyway, yesterday's report.....
    Exercise: yes, run and dog walk
    Calories: way, way over
    Tracking: so long as you allow me the "out for dinner = 1500 cals" then yes.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    @HelensBeads I too love buttercream icing. But it has zero nutritional content!

Yes x 3. 90 min yoga class. Yummy healthy meals. A good day.
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,814 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Success days : pass
    13:14

April 27
    Exercise?: Yes - 68 mins walking
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

@HelensBeads
    The same biological phenomena happens with ice cream, cakes, biscuits, chocolate etc etc! A food with the combination of fat and sugar together🍦🎂🍩🍪🍨🥧🍫 triggers the release of dopamine, a neurotransmitter that activates the reward centres of the brain (cocaine triggers the same pathway!) That's why eating them makes us feel good! 😀
  • lisadianehays55
    lisadianehays55 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    3 x yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    I posted from my phone last night but looks like it didn't make it. We went to a fundraiser's silent auction last night and dinner was involved. I was winging it as far as not really knowing how many calories were concerned. When we first sat down, the salad and dessert were already on the table. I started thinking about the food, then obsessing about the food, then realized what I was doing and stopped. I concentrated on the lady sitting next to me and had a wonderful conversation with her. I put my mind in my "thin me" zone and forgot about the food. I pre-determined that I would only eat 1/2 of the dessert. I passed on a roll that was passed to me. I scraped off the crust covering the pork chop and ate about 1/2 of the cheesecake, and enjoyed myself immensely.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, recumbent bike, 30 minutes, 8.91 miles
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3

Pass days > 3 so no winner's circle trophy for me in April - but still checking in and participating with the goal of making May a great month!
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    4/27
    Exersized-?yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Pass day #2 for friday
    3 x yes for saturday
    Yes I will make it to the winner's circle for April!
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Back after playing care taker for a family member. Was able to eat pretty well, but didnt get to exercise. That's life when serious things pop up! Back to normal on Sunday.
    Friday yes x 2
    Saturday yes x 2
  • CathieMW
    CathieMW Posts: 705 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    April 27

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Walk across the pastures this evening. The grass is really starting to grow in the hay fields.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

It looks like I’m going to make it to the Winner’s Circle!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    😎 Almost posted in the wrong thread again. 😂
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Pass Day
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options