tde1961 Posts: 9 Member
Is there anybody "out" there?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    *raises hand an waves*

Me Me Me Me Me

It is really quiet here. It's almost Halloween!!! Looking forward to seeing all the costumes around the office and passing out candy (I will NOT eat the candy, I will NOT eat the candy, I will NOT eat the candy).

• ElectrifyingGravity
    Options
    Hiiii, I'm here! This group seems to go through its spurts of involvement and then goes quiet for awhile :neutral:

Also, yes! Happy Halloween, all (because I celebrate like all month)! And candy can be okay in moderation, at least that's what I tell myself when I need a piece of chocolate haha
  • mrpickleton
    mrpickleton Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello there. It definitely is pretty quiet here but people do lurk.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Just as a Halloween sum up...and because I'm chatty...my favorites from around the office yesterday...

1. Rosie the Riveter, done by a gal whose name actually is Rosie
    2. the two girls from the shinning...though I would have liked the bloody version better, it was two girls who do look enough alike to be sisters so it was nicely done
    3. the apple orchard - it was amazing because they made trees and apples from construction paper, it totally felt like walking through an orchard
    4. The Ring chick...complete with the hair over her face and the twitchy movements, totally creepy
    5. the dinosaurs...that group was all in the inflatable costumes and to see them running around growling at people was hysterical

Favorite from the trick-or-treaters:

Georgie from IT, complete with raincoat, paper boat, and red balloon!
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I just joined this group a few minutes ago. I've been on MFP for about a month now, but tonight is my 1st night venturing into the forums. I'm a 57 year old single queer woman living in New England. Glad to be here & looking forward to sharing this journey with y'all :)
  • Dakotacole13
    Dakotacole13 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hey!!
  • effJR
    effJR Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Let’s get this group active again!
  • amaterasuthird
    amaterasuthird Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    that went well. "January 3 2019"
  • simcon1
    simcon1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    So quiet! Happy spring, everyone! Any goals or recent successes?
  • amaterasuthird
    amaterasuthird Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Finally toning up and feeling a little better about my appearance. You? Ive started tracking everything
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I recently lost like 4 lbs after having a bad reaction to donating blood and spending 2 weeks fainting off and on and mostly feeling too terrible to do much of anything other than sleep a lot...getting ready to be Poison Ivy for a con in a couple weekends, so not going to complain about the lost pounds, though I will not be repeating the experience...costume is done, hair is planned (temp color), still need to sort out the makeup, have played around a bit but not found exactly what I want yet...I want to make it disturbingly feminine...definitely female, but also creepy...I'm getting back to workouts so it's nice to be feeling good again!
  • prettysocks
    prettysocks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’ll join in the fun. I’d love for this to be an active place we can check in with each other and kill some time. The community thread just makes me feel like I can and will stick with this, but there’s never much to do or read (that I care about). This one can be active if we make it active!

Since this seems like it would be a smaller group... what if we share a bit about ourselves? Family situation, job, hobbies, favourite healthy meal.. that sort of thing!? Who’s up first?
  • simcon1
    Options
    Finally toning up and feeling a little better about my appearance. You? Ive started tracking everything

I just recently switched from a Fitbit to Garmin and dropped about 5.5 lbs in a week, which sounds like it would be great (and part of me was quite happy about it), but I’m also training for my first half marathon and so I got worried about not fueling the running well. But things seem to have straightened out. 2 lbs found their way back and I didn’t mind—I’ll lose them again! Half marathon is the first weekend of May and I have lots of miles to run before that...

Overall I’m tracking everything, exercising, and feeling like things are moving in a good direction health & weight-wise (I have 15 lbs to go to get to a “normal” BMI, which I’m determined to get to...)

• tcunbeliever
    Options
    I'm so not a runner, but totally in awe of people who can do the long runs...you go and I hope you will post photos from the finish line!!!
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @simcon1 which Garmin did you get? I'm thinking about getting something so I can track my climbing. Right now I just use my phone for steps, which is super inaccurate because I forget it everywhere.
  • simcon1
    Options
    @simcon1 which Garmin did you get? I'm thinking about getting something so I can track my climbing. Right now I just use my phone for steps, which is super inaccurate because I forget it everywhere.

I got the Forerunner 645, but have also read great things about the Vivoactive! I really like having it attached to me, for sure!

@tcunbeliever Thanks for the encouragement! I never would have thought I’d like to run any kind of distance for at least the first 35 years of my life! But then it just kind of clicked at some point. I will hope to have some photos!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend!!! I got leaves raked and car shopped but didn't buy anything because as soon as I liked and wanted it the guy started playing games with the price...no dude, we're done here!
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @simcon1 thanks! I looked at the Vivosport this weekend and wasn't too impressed. My budget is a bit limiting though so it might be the best I can do.

@tcunbeliever I hate it when salesmen are like that! I shouldn't have to have a man with me for them to give me a reasonable price 😑
  • RushRamble
    RushRamble Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I hope everyone had a good weekend and is totally killing it on this glorious Monday.

It's rainy and gross here, but I'm trying to keep the sunshine in my head and remind myself that I'm not a house plant and the weather is not allowed to dictate my mood!