May 16 Sign In

Options

Replies

• ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES, but had to eat back a few exercise calories today
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES!
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,825 Member
    Options
    Yes,yes,yes: spinning.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. Walking and gardening and hauling dirt.
  • DreamAchiever33
    DreamAchiever33 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used: 1/3
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Wow, loving all the Nsv's! So inspiring, well done all of us!
    3 x yes today
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    5/16
    Exercise- Yes
    Cals- Yes, under by 121
    Traces- Yes 148💦, 31g fiber

I’m going to go back and read all NSVs tomorrow😊👊🏻
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,028 Member
    Options
    May 15
    94 min exercises, mostly wts
    -281 deficit
    Tracked All
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for Thursday
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    5/16
    9 Pass Days
    Exercise? Yes, 2 - 20 minute walks
    Calories? Yes with exercise
    Tracked? Yes

@Lilutz having just returned from an exhausting wonderful vacation, I wish I would have done a better job "pre-planning" "pre-logging". I did aime for more vegetable meals and fish, but eventually the local fav's took over. All-in-all, have a wonderful trip!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,398 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 33 minutes on mini-trampoline (active rest from yesterday's long bike session - which made up for the "nothing" of the day before that .... )

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Lilutz wrote: »
    yes x3, exercise was 30 minute walk.

On another note: I have my family vacation coming up June 1-9. I'm not worried about getting the exercise so much, but it's so hard to stay within the calorie limits when I'm eating out every night at the restaurants that have been my family's favorites forever (most of them involve fried seafood). I'm not a big fried-food person, but I splurge while I'm there. I want to allow myself to splurge, but WITHIN limits. Ideas? Usually it helps me to eat salad greens with ACV as dressing before I go out to eat, but sometimes that doesn't cut it when faced with old favorites!

I agree with your approach of choosing filling foods on vacation (although typically I have my salad AT the restaurant, but I can see your way working too). But personally I’m a fan of relaxing a little on vacation and then getting back to it when you come home. To me, you spend all that money on a vacation, you don’t want to be conflicted about enjoying yourself. I’m a believer in diet breaks to reset your hunger hormones anyway. It tends to make the process feel easier when I restart. Where are you going?
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Ah thanks @RangerRickL!
    And thanks everyone for my birthday wishes earlier in the week.
    (PS I'm a big fan of yes x 3 - @2020pinktogo is missed!)

I was a yes x 2 I think (didn't track)
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,293 Member
    Options
    May 16, 2019

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,028 Member
    Options

On another note: I have my family vacation coming up June 1-9. I'm not worried about getting the exercise so much, but it's so hard to stay within the calorie limits when I'm eating out every night at the restaurants that have been my family's favorites forever (most of them involve fried seafood). I'm not a big fried-food person, but I splurge while I'm there. I want to allow myself to splurge, but WITHIN limits. Ideas? Usually it helps me to eat salad greens with ACV as dressing before I go out to eat, but sometimes that doesn't cut it when faced with old favorites!

@Lilutz
    I see folks using (at least) three approaches to old family restaurants/meals at home.
    1) Manana — Go & enjoy (and deal with weight loss later)
    2) Eat Your Spinach First — Lise wt beforehand over weeks or a couple months, go and enjoy with absolutely no guilt, and end up at beginning wt.
    3) I’m in Charge — Arrange to have groceries, refrigeration, & cooking equipment (or pre-cook) for breakfast & lunch. Eat dinner to calorie goal (either wt loss or maintenance level) some folks log the previous nights restaurant meal the next day & then tweak their bf and lunch so they don’t go over!)
    4) Exercise Fiend — on vacation, they have time for daily runs, working out in hotel gym, etc...
    5) Health First — Food as fuel, not as fun.
    6) The First Bite is the Best. Order healthy food & ask for one fried prawn from a family member, one bite of dessert.

I know others will disagree with me, but I don’t let myself eat with abandon anymore - going in 3 years or so. I don’t want to trigger those old habits.

If tempted, I will ask for one item or bite. Take a few deep breaths. Think about the trans fats, the fact that I don’t like deep fried foods, that they are gross when they cook off (most of the temptation for me is the heat, crunch, SMELL!) sometimes as food is arriving, I’ll make up a trip to restroom. I can hear my own thoughts, relax & center, & then return.

Currently I’m practicing leaving some of each meal on my plate @ every meal.

I know many will disagree with me. I’m so happy to be thin & very fit that I’m willing to minimize old favorites & am actively developing hobbies that bring me the same, or more, joy than food.

In partnership,🎉
    Maddie
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 These are all great tips! THank you so much for taking the time! I am going to print these out and see what will work best for me. I know I will continue to take my daily runs, and I trust myself to eat well during the day, but it's just that menu that makes me weak in the knees! I'm going to try the idea of ordering healthy and maybe sharing the appetizer portion of the fried oysters/shrimp with a family member. My mom is also trying to eat smart, so I think she'll be my partner! Thank you!
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    @AbandondedKSCharger I'm glad you had a good vacay! Thank you for all your support!
  • Alexbuzzcut
    Alexbuzzcut Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes, kayaking, walking
    Calories: yes
    Logged: yes
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 765 Member
    Options

@Lilutz
    I see folks using (at least) three approaches to old family restaurants/meals at home.
    1) Manana — Go & enjoy (and deal with weight loss later)
    2) Eat Your Spinach First — Lise wt beforehand over weeks or a couple months, go and enjoy with absolutely no guilt, and end up at beginning wt.
    3) I’m in Charge — Arrange to have groceries, refrigeration, & cooking equipment (or pre-cook) for breakfast & lunch. Eat dinner to calorie goal (either wt loss or maintenance level) some folks log the previous nights restaurant meal the next day & then tweak their bf and lunch so they don’t go over!)
    4) Exercise Fiend — on vacation, they have time for daily runs, working out in hotel gym, etc...
    5) Health First — Food as fuel, not as fun.
    6) The First Bite is the Best. Order healthy food & ask for one fried prawn from a family member, one bite of dessert.

I know others will disagree with me, but I don’t let myself eat with abandon anymore - going in 3 years or so. I don’t want to trigger those old habits.

If tempted, I will ask for one item or bite. Take a few deep breaths. Think about the trans fats, the fact that I don’t like deep fried foods, that they are gross when they cook off (most of the temptation for me is the heat, crunch, SMELL!) sometimes as food is arriving, I’ll make up a trip to restroom. I can hear my own thoughts, relax & center, & then return.

Currently I’m practicing leaving some of each meal on my plate @ every meal.

I know many will disagree with me. I’m so happy to be thin & very fit that I’m willing to minimize old favorites & am actively developing hobbies that bring me the same, or more, joy than food.

In partnership,🎉
    Maddie

Love these tips @MadisonMolly2017, they’re great! I like the idea of order healthy and an app on the side. Food as fuel, not as fun, or comfort when having a trying day.🌸

@lilutz, so nice you have your mom making healthy choices too. Maybe you can share the app with her! Maybe we can help you come up with a list of snacks, easy options. I like reading food logs, always nice to have new options to spice it up. You’re going to do great! Just think- when you get back you can tell us about your NSVs!😊👊🏻