Greetings an Salutations

Options
crowleyed72
crowleyed72 Posts: 247 Member
Hello all, many many years ago I ran cross country in high school could of had scholarships for it, if I wasn’t a dumb teenager. Still ran for many years never got around to marathons. Was training for a trialoton while in the Army, till I got wounded. Quit careing, got depressed gained over 125 lbs. Now I’m in a mind set to get back to my old self. Starting off with walking till I lose a few lbs, then running. Any tips ideas to get back there faster, or do it slowly?

Replies

• Wen2Run
    Wen2Run Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Go slow and then go a little bit slower than that.

Rushing it will just lead to injuries. Just get your hands on a couch to 5k plan and work through that to start with. Walk if you need to, hell, the running sections of a c25k could well be just slightly faster than your walk.

Don't skip rest days and don't go heading out day after day just because you feel okay. Slow and steady and look forward to getting yourself ready for a marathon!

Hello by the way :)
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    " Any tips ideas to get back there faster, or do it slowly? " How long did it take you to gain the 125 pounds? You can't do it fast, it has to be deliberate, slow and careful. That's the bad news. The good news? Enjoy the trip.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Go slowly. Too fast, you end up injured and take even longer than going slowly. Of course, most of us have to learn that the hard way.