Looking for some new friends! Baby Vegan!

Options
Tetrelle
Tetrelle Posts: 75 Member
Hey there! I'm 33, and have been a Vegetarian for awhile. Making the leap to Vegan, and ultimate goal is to go running. I'm overweight, and have started low impact cardio. Eating 1500-1700 calories a day depending on the workout.

Supplements:
Vegan probiotic in the morning
(My Kind Organics:)
D3
B-Complex
Plant Collagen Builder. (I was losing a lot of hair before)

I don't eat 80/10/10 but I do try and focus high carb low fat, and eat a decent amount of fresh fruits and veggies.

Honestly, I'm just looking for some friends to help keep me motivated! I've been reading a lot of community posts on here, and it is really toxic. Yikes! (Not vegans in particular, MFP in general) Everyone is super critical, so I kind of want to venture away from the message boards, and focus on meeting some nice people with the same mindset willing to friend me and we can motivate each other!

Anyone willing? Shoot me a friend invite! I hope you all have a great day! :)

Replies

• FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Nevermind what other people say and do your own thing. Even vegans can be critical of each other regarding the extent of non-animal products. Specifically, I’m thinking of dairy. Many people give up meat and continue to eat cheese, yogurt and ice cream. Personally, I congratulate and encourage any progress people make.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've just found this group myself, but been Vegan since Oct 2014.

The more Vegan friends onboard the better :)
  • cloud_writer
    cloud_writer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm so vegan. :) Adding you.
  • cloud_writer
    cloud_writer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started losing weight at the end of January. It's exciting. I've always just sort of accepted myself and avoided counting calories hahaha. Now I get it.
  • LemonBalmSF
    LemonBalmSF Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Another vegan here. Please add me as a friend!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am vegan as well, and also new-ish to veganism (and also to MFP). I'd love to be friends!

Jenn
  • punkypenny
    punkypenny Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan before now I am back for good. Feel free to add me.
  • Veejohnson1990
    Veejohnson1990 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Also looking for vegan friends, been vegan since January this year, I'm struggling to lose weight and I haven't lost any since being vegan, I make 90% of my food from scrtach so trying to log it all to see where I'm going wrong 🙂
  • sharondesfor935
    sharondesfor935 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet, but am in the process of moving towards a "mostly" WFPB diet. I started in January by mostly cutting out red meat, February chicken, March fish and eggs, and in April I STARTED cutting cheese (which is the hardest one for me personally, and also because cheese sneaks into foods and I don't yet always remember to check the label). Somewhere along the way I switched to almond milk instead of cow's milk, and the family has been fine with it.

The "mostly" qualifier is because my goal isn't to be 100% WFPB, but more like 90+%. I've had red meat twice in the last four months and fish three or four times, and I've decided to not feel guilty about it - it's still a massive improvement from animal products 2-3 times every day.

My reason for moving towards WFPB was for my health (cholesterol levels), but I was surprised to start learning about the environmental impact of the meat and dairy industries and I feel like cutting my consumption of animal products so drastically is a step towards helping instead of harming. (In the back of my head I know about animal cruelty in meat and dairy production, but I am soooo not ready to look that in the eye.)

I may eventually go 100% WFPB, but right now the thought is too overwhelming, and I figured 90% was a good first step. Not vegan, because there's a whole lifestyle commitment there that I don't know nearly enough about, but the diet is a good starting point.