Big news!

Options
CheezWhiz88
CheezWhiz88 Posts: 116 Member
So I (re)started my weight loss journey this year because I knew I wanted to start a family. I figured being smaller would make for an easier pregnancy. Well, I lost 10 pounds, and two weeks into my weight loss journey in January, you guessed it....I got pregnant! I have since lost an additional 30 pounds in my first trimester, for a 40 lb. total loss.

I am now in my 21st week, and baby is progressing wonderfully! The doctor gives me ultrasounds regularly, as I’m high risk simply because of my age. My blood pressure has been pretty good, I had to take an early gestational diabetes test at 18 weeks which I passed.

My OBGYN knows I am sensitive about my weight and has said my healthy eating choices and insistence on exercise makes me no more a risk than any one else during pregnancy because I am being so healthy in my choices. So I wanted to throw out there that even at our size, we can have the same things smaller women do, including babies!

I will keep you updated on Baby Cheezwhiz’ progress as I continue this weight loss journey! My doctor has said if I continue eating healthy and exercising, I may not gain any weight during pregnancy. Obviously I am making choices that won’t hurt the baby, and I have refused to let pregnancy be an excuse to “eat for two” or partake in ice cream and take out.

Also, we have decided not to find out the gender because it’s one of life’s great surprises! This baby is helping save my life because I am trying to stay the course and make healthy choices as often as possible for the both of us!

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    congratulations! That's wonderful news, and you and baby cheezwhiz will be in my prayers!

Do you mind my asking is this your first?
  • CheezWhiz88
    CheezWhiz88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @bmeadows380 : it is! And given my age, likely my only, but that suits us just fine :)
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love this so much! Congratulations!!!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    @CheezWhiz88 Oh that makes it even more exciting! You must be somewhere in the vague neighborhood of my age, then. I'm getting very close to the crest of that hill and that biological clock is ticking down very loudly now. The likelihood of me having kids is pretty much a none-entity (astronomically low at this point) so I'll just have to live vicariously through others. At least that way, I don't have to deal with the morning sickness or swelled ankles lol

And that baby will help with the activity levels, too, when he/she gets old enough to start moving. They'll help you stay young (and feel old at the same time! *laughs*

I can just imagine how over the moon you are right now. Best wishes to you all!
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    What amazing news! Congratulations!!
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    So I (re)started my weight loss journey this year because I knew I wanted to start a family. I figured being smaller would make for an easier pregnancy. Well, I lost 10 pounds, and two weeks into my weight loss journey in January, you guessed it....I got pregnant! I have since lost an additional 30 pounds in my first trimester, for a 40 lb. total loss.

I am now in my 21st week, and baby is progressing wonderfully! The doctor gives me ultrasounds regularly, as I’m high risk simply because of my age. My blood pressure has been pretty good, I had to take an early gestational diabetes test at 18 weeks which I passed.

My OBGYN knows I am sensitive about my weight and has said my healthy eating choices and insistence on exercise makes me no more a risk than any one else during pregnancy because I am being so healthy in my choices. So I wanted to throw out there that even at our size, we can have the same things smaller women do, including babies!

I will keep you updated on Baby Cheezwhiz’ progress as I continue this weight loss journey! My doctor has said if I continue eating healthy and exercising, I may not gain any weight during pregnancy. Obviously I am making choices that won’t hurt the baby, and I have refused to let pregnancy be an excuse to “eat for two” or partake in ice cream and take out.

Also, we have decided not to find out the gender because it’s one of life’s great surprises! This baby is helping save my life because I am trying to stay the course and make healthy choices as often as possible for the both of us!

Omg, very HAPPY CONGRATULATIONS🎈🐻🎉👶🏼🎊🎠🎈Dreams do come true 🌟🌠🌈
    Sounds like you're doing beautifully both with your pregnancy and your weight loss journey. Reminds me of being pregnant with my 2nd child 29 years ago. I happened to have been 26yrs old and weighed 350lbs or so. No health issues other than weight. But docs were concerned and monitored me for gestational diabetes. No problems though. I delivered c-section because first was c-sec. And I lost 36lbs during that pregnancy eating right and moving a lot. Can be done, for sure.
    You keep doing good for you and your precious one. God bless, my friend🙋🏼‍♀️💜💚💛💙