Options
Plump_Kiwi
Plump_Kiwi Posts: 12 Member
Anyone looking forward to Classic? State your allegiance lol

Replies

• StephyJaye
    StephyJaye Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Having played the game since vanilla I am looking forward to it. Will I play it hardcore? Probably not. I think that people who never played vanilla are in for a rude awakening because the game is so different now. I played thru the demo during Blizzcon & was like "How the hell did I do this?" At the time I knew nothing about MMO's and leveled a holy priest as holy from 1-60 LOL One word for that 'miserable'.
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in it, but don't think I will go back and play it. WoW was my first MMO. I played in vanilla. Disc priest always! Played hardcore until a little while after lich king....then on and off a bit for each expansion until pandaria...then I called it 100% quits. (oh...and Alliance!!)
  • Friday74
    Friday74 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Eh, I may try it for a bit - but not sure how much I will love it. I'm a pretty casual player, and I suspect it will be geared more for the hardcore players. For the Horde!
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I started playing wow near the end of Vanilla right before they released TBC. I played consistently up until mid Wrath. Ever since I've only played on and off. For the longest time I looked for the fabled "wow killer" (never found,) and started playing again just recently.

I am looking forward to Classic, as I missed it when the community was closer, and reputation was everything - if you sucked, or did a group dirty, the server would know about it and blackball you. I also loved spying on some of the top players to try and see what their spec was in order to emulate their success. Specs, and fights actually took more effort in general - Not to mention that Epics were actually Epic back then.

• x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I started playing wow near the end of Vanilla right before they released TBC. I played consistently up until mid Wrath. Ever since I've only played on and off. For the longest time I looked for the fabled "wow killer" (never found,) and started playing again just recently.

I am looking forward to Classic, as I missed it when the community was closer, and reputation was everything - if you sucked, or did a group dirty, the server would know about it and blackball you. I also loved spying on some of the top players to try and see what their spec was in order to emulate their success. Specs, and fights actually took more effort in general - Not to mention that Epics were actually Epic back then.

Forgot to add that I play Alliance/Warlock
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Played consistently since the AQ war effort, have zero interest in Classic. Vanilla WoW was a job, and I already have one of those now. No thanks. A *remake* of Vanilla with the modern QoL upgrades would hold my interest. A repeat of the nightmare of actual Vanilla...no thanks.
  • Anathema113
    Anathema113 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started playing at the end of classic/beginning of TBC and did some silly things back then (leveled a resto shaman all the way from 1). To be fair, I was brand new to gaming and even bought WoW as I thought it was an x-pac to Warcraft III.

I ended up playing pretty consistently as a break from graduate school until Legion when my playtime eventually petered out and haven't played since then. I am looking forward to Classic WoW again but probably wouldn't put my heart into it like I did back then.

Alliance mains: Hunter > Shaman > Monk > Paladin
  • cemetree
    cemetree Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I’m very much looking forward to it. I met my husband in guild in wow 11 years ago 😍
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to it, but was mildly disappointed to hear that it won't be like it was at release, but will be a later a patch. I do understand why, but nostalgia dictates that I experience it as it was when I levelled my first character, no matter how bad! I had a break from the game later in vanilla and came back for Burning Crusade so I didn't play the later classic version much. I plan to resub to play, but will probably be mainly pootling about looking at old areas. In the old days it sometimes took us hours to do just one dungeon and I sadly don't feel I have that time any more! Maraudon seemed to take forever first time through!

I've never really had an allegiance, but have mostly played Alliance.

It's interesting what you say about using modern QoL upgrades. LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) has done just that recently, opening servers which are pretty much the same as the others but with slower levelling xp and a "vanilla" level cap with later content locked and released every few months. I've been playing on one, and it's surprisingly fun being able to find groups and do old content on level.

Thinking of that, one of the problems I can see (for me) with Classic, is that levelling took such a long time. I'm a slow leveller anyway, and will have even less time than I did the first time round. I think I will be left behind and that it will be difficult to find groups for the levelling quests and dungeons that I'm really looking forward to!
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I’m too casual now to enjoy classic but I will watch people stream old raids for sure. I think I will miss the LFG system that’s in place now
  • anthonysdunn
    anthonysdunn Posts: 436 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Yep, already reserved some names on Atiesh realm. I’ve played wow on and off since the bc so I never actually experienced vanilla so looking forward to it.

For the alliance !