Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    I'm back after a couple of months off. After a pretty intense, focused weight loss period I felt like I needed a 'vacation'. I started maintenance at the end of January after a 50+ pound loss over 5 months. It has been a bit of a rocky road as I have found that maintenance is an entirely new learning process. Fortunately, I am still at the weight I started maintenance, but I have not yet found the consistency I would like... and UAC is all about consistency!!!

Looking forward to reconnecting with the 'old timers' and getting to know the newbies.

So pleased to have you back. Maintenance is another "project." UAC offers the opportunity for accountability and consistency. Looking forward to June with you!
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Signing up for my 17th month of UAC. May had some unexpected turns, but June is looking like a relaxing normal pace. Ive been refocus ed on quality of calories and more cardio than strength training, so i can loose this last 20 lbs. Great way to start the summer!
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Happy June Everyone! Taking day by day here. Good Luck to you all.
  • YourJuneInJan
    YourJuneInJan Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    :D
  • susiejof
    susiejof Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    This group helped me meet my goals during the winter holiday season. Thanks to the accountability that UAC membership required I made it through those last three months of 2018 with a small loss each month instead of my usual winter weight gain. That was great! During the 3 months of spring I didn’t participate in UAC, despite knowing I needed the motivation you all provide. I kept telling myself that I should rejoin the group, so I’ve returned. I want to continue grinding off those last few pounds to my goal. Thanks for having me! :)
  • Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,708 Member
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    Another long time UAC member hovering about whether to join this month but wishing you all the best and I'll definitely be back in future. Currently 9 months pregnant. I might dip and and out. Have a great month everyone! xx

Is this your first? if so kudos if not I'm sending you an award for sure. Take care of you - your weight is a baby enjoy it and come back (if you can) later we'll be here
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Ketch_22. This will be my second. So yeah, the 20 mins exercise although not much is a challenge at the moment and will be the first few weeks, but I'll be back I hope!
  • bocasdecrazygrandpa
    bocasdecrazygrandpa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Heh! I changed my name or moniker or pseudonym or whatever again.
    So I am back down to zero posts.
    I don't know why I keep doing that.
    Maybe I think my name is too silly. Can't have crazy in my name, that is too weird. But it does kind of work.
    Can't have grandpa in my name. I am not really a grandpa. I am only a surrogate grandpa.
    But hey, that counts as something good I think.
    I like hearing from @am_change and I like that she recognizes me through all of my nom de plume permutations. Here is a tip of my hat to the new baby in the works.

Eh, for as long as I been doing or following the UAC thing I seldom make the winners circle.
    But I still get a darn good influence on my habits or behaviors.

Thinking about it. Just thinking about it. I got a magnetic whiteboard on my refrigerator door. I got the whiteboard pen stuck right on it. Whenever I get anything out of the refrigerator writing it down is right there. So that part.

These days I think about the difference between work and exercise. I ain't totally figured this out so I shouldn't be sticking my oar in. But I kind of think work isn't exercise. For me anyway.

So sometimes I get a pass day on exercise because I didn't figure my "work" counted for any kind of exercise burn. But I might reconsider in a couple of weeks.

Nevermind that. Let's shred some pounds.
  • jodilynnreeves
    jodilynnreeves Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm from Kansas City, Missouri where we are floating away since the rain never stops here.

I have 3 kids, 22, 17, and 15. And the biggest kid yet my husband.

Due to having several health issues and total laziness I put on weight. That is the honest truth. Certain meds make it hard to lose or even make you gain. It is an uphill battle. I am working to lose it successfully. I have changed my diet to a low carb diet. I have been tracking my macros. Believe me it is hard to eat out when everything has such massive amounts of carbs. And now looking back at what I have cooked for dinner for the past few years it was all carbs and some protein.

We just moved so I am trying to get the kitchen together so I can make some of the recipes I have saved. I want to try something new each day to see if it is something everyone else will eat too. I'm not making separate meals.

I am looking forward to help with the accountability and to make this weightloss journey successful.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    So glad you're here, @jodilynnreeves!! <3
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 763 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi everyone! Tuffgirl19 and Ashley in the real world! Live in Las Vegas, NV, I’m happily married with 2 boys, 12 and 23. I started with UAC in March 2019 and happy to have found this group. I need some more accountability and look forward to getting to know all of you and supporting one another! I track everything, but also post my water 💦 and fiber goals here😊