Returning user looking for buddies

Options
HedgeWychUK
HedgeWychUK Posts: 10 Member
Hi MFP-UK!
Back in 2012/2013 I lost a stone and a half (about 9.5kg) thanks to food tracking and near-daily exercise. I cycled the 30 minute journey to work, did a 45-50 minute weights workout at the office gym, sometimes a lunchtime exercise class and then cycled home in the evening. In 2014 I changed jobs so the 30 minute bike ride, became an hour-long car trip, and the micro-office environment is in the middle of nowhere.
Whilst I have joined various gyms and tried to fit in exercise where I can, an increasing workload and resultant desire to do very little by the time I get home, has meant this is quite sporadic and so the weight has slowly crept back on and I'm pretty much back to where I started... so! things need a shake up and I'm back to MFP to get back on the wagon!

Would love to get some new buddies for inspiration, accountability and the motivation that comes from a shared journey. It worked before, so it will work again!

Joined this group as it's easier to relate to the same food, shops and culture etc. I'm in South London (Mitcham) and work near Gatwick)

Replies

• cfrancis1287
    cfrancis1287 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, good luck on your journey. You're more than welcome to add me :-)
  • julieat1960
    julieat1960 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am back on the MFP wagon too, feel free to add me
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    So many of us keep returning - do you think we can make it happen on a permanent basis if we stick together?
  • Toaster05
    Toaster05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    <---- Welcomes careful loggers.
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just back on the site myself. Also lost a lot of weight some years ago but now I’m back where I started and I’m unhappy again. I’ve just bagged up dresses and trousers for charity I had loved wearing when I succeeded and put away some I hope to get into again. Now have problems with my knees and so exercise this time will have limitations. No excuses - I did it before and I NEED to do it now.
    Anyone in the same position please feel free to add.
  • swiftyl
    swiftyl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi All, UK as well, South West, would love some buddies. Lost nearly 4 stone on here before, but put it all back on, so looking to shift it all again, get fitter, and improve health as want to be as healthy as possible in mid life. Feel free to add. Jules
  • Moonstone1612
    Moonstone1612 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just returned after a couple of years. Lost weight, regained then hit a brick wall. I got to the heaviest, fattest and most unfit I’ve ever been last year. After a mini meltdown of self-loathing and low esteem
    I joined a gym with a healthy food plan and lost 23.3lbs . I’m feeling fitter, but still have a way to go with losing weight, toning and building. I’m in the north east of the country. Feel free to add 😊
  • dancesmilefit
    dancesmilefit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm in west London, Notting Hill, so feel free to add me. Also, is anyone in my area to buddy up? 😎
  • hopefullyoptimistic
    hopefullyoptimistic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also havent been here since 2013 BUT I'm moe determined than ever
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Welcome back, there seems to be a lot of us doing this for the Xth time. We need a plan to make it happen and keep it going
  • SCAL30
    SCAL30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey. Add me :) 34 from the uk. Work in london. Live in Berkshire x
  • tigbrown1
    tigbrown1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Also here for the second time. This time around I have made some more sustainable changes I hope and the weight is slowly coming off again. Biggest problem for me was the lack of time to exercise after changing jobs/hours. Now the eating habits seem to be sticking trying to up my water intake (which has dropped off) and exercise at least 3 times a week.
  • Zigas1962
    Zigas1962 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Another one here, joined and then never did anything with it! Now on a mission to be fitter and hopefully leaner. Feel free to add me and maybe we can share the journey and support each other.
  • PWHF
    PWHF Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi MFP-UK!
    Back in 2012/2013 I lost a stone and a half (about 9.5kg) thanks to food tracking and near-daily exercise. I cycled the 30 minute journey to work, did a 45-50 minute weights workout at the office gym, sometimes a lunchtime exercise class and then cycled home in the evening. In 2014 I changed jobs so the 30 minute bike ride, became an hour-long car trip, and the micro-office environment is in the middle of nowhere.
    Whilst I have joined various gyms and tried to fit in exercise where I can, an increasing workload and resultant desire to do very little by the time I get home, has meant this is quite sporadic and so the weight has slowly crept back on and I'm pretty much back to where I started... so! things need a shake up and I'm back to MFP to get back on the wagon!

Would love to get some new buddies for inspiration, accountability and the motivation that comes from a shared journey. It worked before, so it will work again!

Joined this group as it's easier to relate to the same food, shops and culture etc. I'm in South London (Mitcham) and work near Gatwick)

Hey - welcome back. I know what it feels like to be too tired at the end of the day, also I worked at Gatwick and the amount of workouts I missed due to Southern rail delays really ate into (see what i did there?) my results...

...So I started going to the gym before work, it's a bit hardcore and not for everyone but now it's the only time I can go, it's relatively empty, you see the same regular faces each time and it's actually really exhilarating, plus you get to feel very smug about yourself and people at work say things like "oooh - you're like really disciplined..."

If you want to take it to the next level then do intermittent fasting as well - it's a very extreme combination but I've been doing both for over a year now and my abs are actually finally to show. It's not for everyone but if you want to throw everything you've got at this then that's a way to do it. 6 am heavy lifting + intermittent fasting + really good diet will lead to an elite physique over time.

Feel free to message/add me
  • Tanteee
    Tanteee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too and anyone else who wants to I need to get back into the mfp habit.
  • 3mm4_j0
    3mm4_j0 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next year and keep putting off trying on wedding dresses to I really need to get a shift on now! Would love to maintain a loss of 1 stone, have been trying some fitness classes and plan to calorie count alongside using MFP. Would love to get some friends built up on here for some support and tips! I'm 5ft tall, age 28 and living in Andover, Hampshire.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Good morning @3mm4_j0 - sounds like you have a good plan already. Good luck on this journey and we are here for you :)
  • debo6516
    debo6516 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am also here second time around. I have gained weight so now on a mission to get it back off and more. Feel free to add me too. :)
  • veggieerin98
    veggieerin98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends too! 21 and living in Scotland
    Anyone feel free to add me
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm looking for some regular users to help motivate me. MFP has always worked wonders for me and I've been a fan since losing nearly 60lb of baby weight back in 2010/11. I'm back again having just been diagnosed with crohns and overhauling my diet to see if it makes a difference to my health. Also need to regularly exercise to counteract any weight gain from my meds. I'm based in Stevenage and have two beautiful daughters. Hi to all!