Please Introduce Yourself

Options
Please feel free to introduce yourself, ages you care for, experience, favorite activity, and anything else you would like to share!

Replies

• codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Cody. I'm a mother of 3; a 7,4, and 22 month old and I'm a preK teacher for Head Start my classroom is a mix of 3-5 yr olds. I have summers off and start back on Sept 2. I love my job and can't wait to be working again.
    I have been working with kids for 7 yrs and have a Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education and Masters in Special Ed.
    I love messy projects, science, reading stories, and getting paid to play.
  • LifeChangingAmy
    LifeChangingAmy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cody. I had a previous client that the mom was a head start teacher. It has a very intriguing set up, i like all of the parent interaction!
    Between my husband and I we have 7 children ages 6, 8, 14, 15, 18, 21, & 23. I gave birth to 3 of then, but have raised 4 for the last 17 years. I currently do home child care. I worked on a center for 10 years and was a preschool teacher there for 8, but have had in home programs for 6 years now.
    I really liked being involved with the library in the last town we lived in. I was on the library board, read stories for story time, and helped whenever i could with anything needed.
    I love reading and puppets, science and discovery, art and social stories, and seeing the child's face light up when they learn something new!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a handful. I would love to get my own preschool running in the future or be able to run an existing one. Last year we started a really good relationship with our library and were there every month. I'm excited for this year since the library is getting ready to open a brand new building. I look forward to going through the ups and challenges of this job.
  • ChicaHope
    ChicaHope Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is this group still active?