Winter Babies

noel2fit
noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
I'm 5 weeks pregnant due Feb 2020. Looking for other mamas in the earlier weeks of pregnancy.

When are you due/ how far along?
Goals for first Trimester, goals in general?
How's eating going?
How's fitness going?

Replies

• MrsVin86
    MrsVin86 Posts: 33 Member
    Me me me! :) I am 4.5 weeks pregnant...also due Feb 2020. I have a history of recurrent miscarriages so I am hopeful but very nervous. My goals are to continue being active and eating healthy, I have just lost 33 pounds...so trying to only gain a reasonable amount of weight during this pregnancy.

How about you??
  • noel2fit
    MrsVin86 wrote: »
    Me me me! :) I am 4.5 weeks pregnant...also due Feb 2020. I have a history of recurrent miscarriages so I am hopeful but very nervous. My goals are to continue being active and eating healthy, I have just lost 33 pounds...so trying to only gain a reasonable amount of weight during this pregnancy.

How about you??

Yay!! February babies!

My weight goal is to gain 25lbs like I did with my first which means aiming for maintenance 1st tri. I plan to continue going to crossfit twice weekly and jogging at least once weekly. Eating is going well so far- to deliver out of hospital I have to avoid gestational diabetes and pre-E so I'm finding that a huge motivator for making healthy choices. I do have morning sickness, but I have been having good and bad days and only throwing up some of the time which is so much better than last time!

I hope we get a few more winter babies that trickle in to join us. It'd be awesome to have somewhere to check in with fit moms! Fit pregnancy tends to be a tough subject.
  • zmz87
    zmz87 Posts: 9 Member

When are you due/ how far along? Due January 29th. 7 weeks pregnant
    Goals for first Trimester, goals in general? Total weight gain 15lbs over all 3 trimesters. I’m obese. Insulin resistant due to PCOS, asthma, and have hashimotos which is auto immune. Being severely obese at the end will not be healthy for mom or baby.
    Eating healthier and starting to work out. I want to be healthier this pregnancy.
    How's eating going? Not so well. Some days I binge, other days I’m not eating enough. I am eating fruits and veggies.
    How's fitness going? Working on starting exercising again without causing asthma symptoms to flare up. Starting slow and building to tolerate more intensity. I used to do stations bike (spinning) 40 mins a day when I was young and fit. I want to get back to it.

• Dionette
    Dionette Posts: 1 Member
    Hi ladies,
    I’m 15 weeks pregnant, due December 6. I’ll be moving back to Australia in August so mine will be a summer baby. :)

My goals are to not to lose all the fitness and strength I have worked so hard for and to not lose complete control with my weight and diet.

I found the first trimester tough. I was constantly nauseated, occasionally vomiting and very fatigued. I still trained (apparently to other people’s disagreeance) but the only thing that I could stomach was bread and cheese. I’m only small (5’1) and I’ve put on ~3kg/6.6lb already. :-/ I’m hoping to stem the weight gain a little so I’m back to focusing on tracking my food intake to ensure I eat good, nutritious food and don’t end up a round ball at the end. I also found running helped with the pregnancy constipation (wahh!)

I started showing at 12-13 weeks. I think purely because I am so bloated and I have quite a short waist.

I agree with @noel2fit, fit pregnancy is a difficult subject. I’ve already had people ‘kindly suggest’ that I should not weight train (I’ve dropped the weight I lift down) and also that I shouldn’t mountain hike in my ‘condition,’ that I shouldn’t just be thinking of myself. Ugh.
  • csilladev
    csilladev Posts: 17 Member
    Hi! I’m due December 8th 😄 My surroundings are a bit more supportive. I never heard anyone tell me that I should slow down on the weights etc. people usually say that I don’t seem pregnant since I do everything and anything as if I weren’t 😅 I forget I’m pregnant most of the time since I already have a 1,5 year old who is constantly on my mind. I already gained 5,5 kg 😩 And that is when I decided that enough is enough and that i won’t make the same mistakes as i did in my first pregnancy. With my daughter i gained 38 kg!!! It was physically and mentally so hard that i had post partum depression for 10 months after mostly due to the weight gain since it got better as soon as i lost 20 kg. I lost all but 5 kg and got pregnant again. So now that i already have more than 10 kg fat for the baby I intend to monitor my weight and basically my goal is not to gain more other than the pure baby weight. I already started feeling terrible in my skin but that motivates me even more. I am really happy that this community exists and I hope we will be “pen pals” for a long time 😊
  • ElyseHerz
    ElyseHerz Posts: 12 Member
    Hi! I’m 7 week pregnant. Due Feb 2020. My goals are to continue to eat healthy and take long walks, like I was doing when I was trying to conceive. I was struggling with PCOS too and still have more weight to lose, so I’m hoping not to gain any weight this pregnancy. I’ve already lost 5 lbs since I found out I was pregnant (on top of the 50lbs I lost earlier this year TTC). Eating has been a struggle for me. I have constant nausea, indigestion, and food aversions. I’m still eating healthily, just more picky than usual. Fitness is also up and down. I walked 50km last week, and this week I struggle to get out of bed to go to work. I can’t wait for my energy to come back.
  • csilladev
    ElyseHerz wrote: »
    Hi! I’m 7 week pregnant. Due Feb 2020. My goals are to continue to eat healthy and take long walks, like I was doing when I was trying to conceive. I was struggling with PCOS too and still have more weight to lose, so I’m hoping not to gain any weight this pregnancy. I’ve already lost 5 lbs since I found out I was pregnant (on top of the 50lbs I lost earlier this year TTC). Eating has been a struggle for me. I have constant nausea, indigestion, and food aversions. I’m still eating healthily, just more picky than usual. Fitness is also up and down. I walked 50km last week, and this week I struggle to get out of bed to go to work. I can’t wait for my energy to come back.

Hi! Welcome to the club 😁
    I have been tracking for 5 days now. Today is day 6 and even though I ate at maintenance I lost 2 lbs which is ok since I already have 35 lbs of excess weight that has piled up over the years (my profile picture is 5 years old but I don’t want to take it down 😅) and some than left over after the last pregnancy. So my dr also said it is ok as long as I eat nutritious food and keep it at about 2000 calories. But I think those 2 lbs are also just water weight since I don’t eat added sugar, just whole wheat bread and some rice. I am happy with at least maintaining my current weight.
    My friend who was also overweight in her last pregnancy went into labor with 5 lbs less than with what she started due to gestational diabetes and the diet that goes with that and her daughter is perfectly healthy. But let’s just try and avoid gestational diabetes all together 😁
    Have you been tracking for some time now or just started?

• amdmathenia
    amdmathenia Posts: 1 Member
    Due December 18, 2019/ 14 weeks. This is my first pregnancy, and my goals with using MFP is to help me be more mindful about what I’m eating. Some days that means looking at the day before and just trying to do better, haha! I’m 5’2” and started pregnancy at 152 and BMI of 28. I set MFP at maintenance, because i’m trying not to gain weight unecessarily or too early, though I know some weight gain is inevitable. That being said, I haven’t restricted myself if I went over my calories, I still eat when I’m hungry. I’m trying to drink all the recommended water! I bought a 1 liter Nalgene bottle which is helping, but it’s hit or miss. Fitness/excercise: I’m pretty sedentary and when I get home from work there’s not much energy left, however, my goal is a 30 minute walk most days, which already sounds more doable now that I’m coming out of 1st trimester fatigue. I keep telling myself, I’m preparing for a marathon!
  • csilladev
    Hey girls! So I’m 17 weeks now and for about 4 days i started being not just hungry but ravenous!!! I could hardly stay in the range and went over my calorie goal every day. And not by little. But yesterday i managed to be exactly on my maintenance calories and i have actually gained nothing. I think the time has come where the baby has a growth spurt and i will start needing more calories. Just to mention that i was super non active these past days since it is so hot outside that it is impossible for me to go anywhere. It’s been 38,39 degrees Celsius 😭 I feel great though and I will continue to track my food since I have noticed that my problem is that i don’t eat enough protein so MFP helps me know where I’m at with that.
    How are your experiences? Did you have a week where you went “I’m starving to death!!!” ? 😄
  • noel2fit
    @csilladev I'm still pretty early, hit 8 weeks Sunday, but I have moments of "yuck food is gross" and also "chuck all the things into my black hole stomach"! Right now I'm struggling a little because I hurt my back at crossfit about 2 weeks ago and working out with an injury while pregnant is proving to be quite a mental struggle. I've promised myself I am not giving up on myself no matter what because it would just put me that much further behind where I want to be, but man my brain is screaming excuses at me left and right! Gotta PT and keep moving though- no rest for the strong, and that's who I want to be even if it looks like fumbling alongside all the actual athletes for the next 7 months.
  • csilladev
    @noel2fit As long as you consult your physician you should be fine, but you have to heal before you get back to working out again, pregnant or not. Otherwise you risk getting re injured and making it even worse and ultimately not being able to work out at all. Trust me, been there done than with my shoulder 😕
    My hunger pangs went away when the weather got a bit better and I started going out with my daughter again. It is so nice to be in control again 😅
  • noel2fit
    Those of us due in winter should be around the half way mark or possibly past it already. Anyone find out the sex? How are those anatomy scans coming?
  • DreamPhedre
    DreamPhedre Posts: 594 Member
    When are you due/ how far along? 19 weeks along - I'm due early February
    Goals for first Trimester, goals in general? My goal for the first trimester was to make it through! Hah. I was nauseous and tired mostly. In general I'd like to keep my fitness up, and really just keep moving.
    How's eating going? Eating is better now - still get my random cravings but they are mostly for fruit and soup, with the odd cookie/cake/etc thrown in for good measure.
    How's fitness going? Fitness is ...going. I'm training for a half marathon in October which is going alright. I've definitely slowed down which is a hard pill to swallow (I used to run with the fast lady in the group, now I'm the slowest runner. Still ahead of the run/walkers though!) and getting out of bed for my morning fitness classes is just not something I'm up to very often. Still lifting, still working out, just not as heavy and not as often!
    Heading for my mid-point ultrasound this afternoon - WooHoo! We aren't finding out sex/gender, surprises are fun :smile: