On my way

Options
dbithiahh
dbithiahh Posts: 2 Member
I turn 62 next month, it's hard with 30 year olds. But it can work. I've lost 50 lbs. by walking. Now and just started running two years later. Maybe we could be friends.

Replies

• cynthiacalhoun1
    cynthiacalhoun1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That would be nice. I've started walking, also. I have an ankle with metal in it, and some knee issues, so running will not be an option for me. I was about 100 pounds overweight. Now I have about 80 more to go.

So, two questions. How do we "friend" each other? (I'm not new to the app, but I'm new to the community portion of it). And what can I call you? dbithiahh is kind of long and hard to remember. You can call me "Sam" because I've always hated to be called "Cindy", so "Sam" is my nickname.

As I said, I'm working with a nutritionist that my doctor referred me to. She has educated me on how to lose weight, and what to eat to control cholesterol and blood pressure (not that I follow it all as well as I should). My challenge right now is keeping the calories down while having enough protein. I seem to always be low on protein in my meals.