Introduce Yourself / General Chat!

Options

Replies

• eatingems
    eatingems Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well done you! I'll need to see if I can find that to give it a try :)

I went a bit offtrack from my plan this weekend so hoping I can undo any damage I did by the time I weigh in on Thursday morning! Currently in the middle of getting my kitchen renovated so pre-planning dinners and weekend meals has been horrendous. Not so bad when I'm at work.

I have a big family party in the middle of August in just under 6 weeks now and I really want to lose 7lbs by then so need to keep myself on track now haha!
  • kaaitken2012
    kaaitken2012 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Weekends are awful for me normally but im getting better with it. I find as long as i have one thing I consider a treat to look forward to I can stop myself from having everything else haha. that definitely doable if you focus :)
  • tyegarcia
    tyegarcia Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hello my name is Tye, I'm 21 and live in California. I lift 6 days a week with 1 active rest day, doing a push/pull/leg split with strength and hypertrophy days. I am 50lbs down from when I first started lifting about 10 months ago, maybe another 10-20 lbs before I can start a bulk. :)

I also have a fitness meme instagram @dedlifts if yall wanna follow for some lols
  • kaaitken2012
    Options
    Hi Tye, that's great well done on your loss so far. How do you find the motivation to lift 6 days a week? I can usually manage one or two days but struggle to motivate myself to get there after work.
  • eatingems
    Options
    Super loss indeed, Tye!
  • SamTucker444
    SamTucker444 Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi, i'm Sam, 25 years old :) lost about 25lb in total last year but between Christmas and most of this year I lost all my motivation due to work, life ect. and stayed around the same weight bouncing round a few lbs!

Back properly now and feeling very determined, lost 5lb in nearly 2 weeks! I work full time and leave the house at 7am and get back at about 6pm so exercise is a bit difficult for me been using my exercise bike a bit more and walking to and from the bus stop, but if anyone has any easy to fit in exercises it would be a big help!

Anyone is free to add me need all the motivation I can get!
  • eatingems
    Options
    Hey Sam! I know how easy it is to lose motivation, happens to me all the time so trying to keep myself together. That's a great loss though, long may it continue :smile:

I have similar hours to you and I used to just work out in my living room to youtube videos (Team Body Project, personal fav) but my kitchen is being renovated and my living room is full of building supplies so I've had to go back to the gym that's just round the corner from my work. It's no where near my home so if I need to exercise there, like I will this weekend when I have two extra days off, I use this app on my phone, it's called Female Fitness - Women Workout for some body weight exercises. There's varying levels of intensity/varying lengths of workout and they all seem very manageable and easy to fit in if I'm short of time! I'm sure there will be similar apps out there as well :)

Also, thanks for the add, hopefully we can keep each other motivated!
  • SamTucker444
    SamTucker444 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ah sounds good! I'll have a little look round the app store, thank you for the info and yes hopefully! :)
  • kaaitken2012
    Options
    Think I will download that for motivation at the gym I find it hard to know what to do everyday and then end up not going. I have started doing Pilates at home on you-tube blogilates is really good definitely makes you sweat but a lot less running and jumping involved. :smile:
  • eatingems
    Options
    Yes blogilates is so good too! I find so many people recommend Fitness Blender but I just can't get in to it. I need a little bit of personality to keep me going through the videos :D
  • tyegarcia
    tyegarcia Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Tye, that's great well done on your loss so far. How do you find the motivation to lift 6 days a week? I can usually manage one or two days but struggle to motivate myself to get there after work.

yes sometimes I have to drag myself to the gym after a long day at the office but once I’m at the gym I feel amazing. The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen! I also want to be stronger and that won’t happen if I don’t push myself. I love lifting heavy and hitting new PRs it’s honestly the best feeling.

But another really great way I get motivation is through friends, I’m in a Snapchat group chat where we share lifts, workouts, food, memes, anything gym related basically, they make me want to rush to the gym everyday!

• kaaitken2012
    Options
    tyegarcia wrote: »

yes sometimes I have to drag myself to the gym after a long day at the office but once I’m at the gym I feel amazing. The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen! I also want to be stronger and that won’t happen if I don’t push myself. I love lifting heavy and hitting new PRs it’s honestly the best feeling.

But another really great way I get motivation is through friends, I’m in a Snapchat group chat where we share lifts, workouts, food, memes, anything gym related basically, they make me want to rush to the gym everyday!
    Thats a great Idea hopefully I can get a group of friends to start doing similar though im not sure they will be as motivated haha.
  • ErikaGetsHealthy
    ErikaGetsHealthy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I'll be turning 29 in a couple of weeks (I guess this is the last year I can be in this group, huh? :D ). I currently live in Missouri, although I was born in California and grew up in Oregon (where I lived for the majority of my life until now).

I have been struggling with my weight since I was 5 years old. I have tried to lose weight and get healthy countless times in my life. Reality hit me hard two years ago when I reached my highest weight of 300.9 lbs. I have been actively repairing my relationship with food and my body since then. It has been really rough, because I have struggled with binge eating disorder, anorexia, and bulimia throughout my life, but B.E.D. has been most prominent.

My weight has fluctuated all over the place during my life, but even within the past 2 years that I have been trying to finally get my *kitten* together lol I am currently at 282 lbs. and my ultimate goal weight is 135 lbs (although I am flexible about that depending on my health, how I feel, and my muscle mass).

I had been using Weight Watchers these past two years, but I wanted to try coming back here to MFP again to save money (since WW online is $20/month), and because I haven't been consistent on WW so I want to change up my approach again until something sticks.

Anyway, sorry for the long post! It's great to meet you all!
  • eatingems
    Options
    Hi! I feel you on the childhood weight struggles, My BED first manifested when I was about 9 or 10, I think.

Hopefully MFP is the one that sticks for you, good to have you on board! You got this :)
  • eatingems
    Options
    eatingems wrote: »
    I went a bit offtrack from my plan this weekend so hoping I can undo any damage I did by the time I weigh in on Thursday morning!...
    I have a big family party in the middle of August in just under 6 weeks now and I really want to lose 7lbs by then so need to keep myself on track now haha!

Well 1lb off this week when I was expecting zero isn't too bad! 5 weeks to lose another 6 seems doable if I keep my head in the game.

• kaaitken2012
    Options
    Well done hun, thats great especially as you thought you wouldn't lose. I went a little off track over the weekend so fingers crossed for when I weigh Saturday. you can definitly manage 6 in 5 weeks. you got this :smile:
  • ref2018
    ref2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have started doing Pilates at home on you-tube blogilates is really good definitely makes you sweat but a lot less running and jumping involved. :smile:

Pilates is literally the one thing I’ve stuck with for my entire life. My mom bought a bunch of those Winsor Pilates tapes and as a kid I did it cause I watched her do it but when I was in high school I’d do them every day sometimes. I’ve started writing my own workouts just because I’ve done some of the videos so many times that I’ve memorized what the trainers say 😂😂😂

eatingems wrote: »

I’ll jump in with you on 7lbs by August 😂 I have 2 weeks off everything and I plan on spending all of it on the beach. Plus right after that I have a week of intensive class and one of the girls keeps trying to sell me weight loss coffee... it’s not personal, she’s just a sales girl and she knows I’m trying to live healthy so she’s advertising but won’t it be petty and satisfying to come back all toned up and be like, ye no weight loss drugs in coffee for me thanks 🙏
  • kaaitken2012
    Options
    ref2018 wrote: »

Pilates is literally the one thing I’ve stuck with for my entire life. My mom bought a bunch of those Winsor Pilates tapes and as a kid I did it cause I watched her do it but when I was in high school I’d do them every day sometimes. I’ve started writing my own workouts just because I’ve done some of the videos so many times that I’ve memorized what the trainers say 😂😂😂

I’ll jump in with you on 7lbs by August 😂 I have 2 weeks off everything and I plan on spending all of it on the beach. Plus right after that I have a week of intensive class and one of the girls keeps trying to sell me weight loss coffee... it’s not personal, she’s just a sales girl and she knows I’m trying to live healthy so she’s advertising but won’t it be petty and satisfying to come back all toned up and be like, ye no weight loss drugs in coffee for me thanks 🙏

I've not done it in a few days so really need to get back to it, tonight is the night I turn Pilates queen again aha. Also I want to lose 5lb by August 15th. Nothing special happening just the goal I have had in my head for awhile :smile:
  • ref2018
    ref2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good goal to me! Don’t need anything special to choose a goal date 😁

I just made a beautiful yogurt parfait with oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast... and promptly dropped it on the floor. Still thought I could salvage it but when I picked it up there was so much dog fur cause it was where he was laying last night.

rice crispies for breakfast it is
  • kaaitken2012
    Options
    Hi everyone,

How was the weekend?

I'm down 1Lb this week so happy with that. I did have a few treats over the weekend but was 80% on track with my eating.

:smile: