New to the Group!

Options
80tolose
80tolose Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone, I see that there has not been much activity in this group for the last few months. Is this group still active? I recently turned 60 and I seriously have to address my weight. Any suggestions for motivating yourself?
Thanks!

Replies

• CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I’m 60 and my motivation was to have an easier recovery after knee surgery. I planned on losing about 40 pounds but ended up losing over 100. I no longer need the surgery because there’s no pain. I still have a torn meniscus in both knees but the doctor doesn’t want to fix it unless it hurts.
  • smidot1
    smidot1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is super impressive! Was myfitness pal helpful in keeping you on track? Weight loss can be challenging and particularly difficult as one ages.
  • 2019winter
    2019winter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm 62 and have joined mfp today. I was looking for people around my own age as I think its harder to lose the weight as we get older .
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, saw a recommendation for this group today and thought I would like to join to give and receive support. I am a 63 year old woman who lives in the UK and I have lost 51 lbs since March 2019. Had most of my weight loss success since joining MFP in Feb 2020.
  • mrsbfe
    mrsbfe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm in Ohio and am tired of only seeing young, fit, and attractive photographs of people on the MFP blogs and exercise articles. What other resources do you use for "normal" women our age?