New Member Introduction

2»

Replies

• Androspoon
    Androspoon Posts: 1 Member
    Hello!!
    I'm Taylor. I'm 20 and I've been chronically ill all my life, more or less. I didn't get diagnosed with fibromyalgia until last year, but I've been struggling for a long time. I'm 195lbs and sick of it.

Nice to see I'm not the only chronic pain sufferer trying to lose weight.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Hello Taylor! Nice to meet you! I’m 51 years old and have had fibromyalgia for as long as you’ve been alive!

So hard to believe that I’ve suffered with this debilitating pain for that long! I have found that eating fewer carbs and no processed foods anymore, has helped me a lot. It hasn’t fixed me but has helped me be able to return to work on a very part time basis. I hadn’t been able to work in 10 years, so that was a huge win for me!

I did manage to lose weight and have kept it off for three years now!

Great to see you here!
  • jnnunn3
    jnnunn3 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi my name is Jan ,im 57 ,been medically retired since 2011,had 2 falls ,the last one on black ice fell on coccyx and lower lumber and went from walking at least 7 miles a day and gym 4 times a week for an hour to..walking 40 yards or so before pain gets too much and very down . My back so my consultant said had suddenly aged by 30/40 years lol..osteoarthritis,stenosis,facet arthritis,spondylothesis=chronic pain.
    Anyway back to now ,I am slowly attending gym 2-3 times a week ,at present to strengthen core and stretch out with some cardio on bike/treadmill and hopefully soon rower. I sometimes use the pool for workout purely to be weightless and loose the pain . Ive lost just over 2 stone and want to loose 1-1.5 more . Be nice to connect up with others in similar boat for and to give support,laughter,motivation . nice to meet you all
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like, I’m always open to new friends on here and generally go in to my feed and diary every day.
  • janeann58
    janeann58 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello. I'm Jane. I am 60 years old and have been suffering with psoriatic arthritis since the age of 12 (48 years) and fibromyalgia since my 30's. I am in pain every single day. Some days it is much worse than others. I have been on and off weight loss programs since I was 13....a never ending struggle for me. I have recently gained back 35 pounds from a 75 pound weight loss. My body is screaming in pain. I'm glad I didn't gain everything back before deciding to try MFP again. I have such empathy for anyone suffering with chronic pain. I could say so much, but lets just sum it up by "IT SUCKS" It doesn't appear that this page is followed by many people. I would like to see more people on here to encourage and share stories with !
  • JPD5366
    JPD5366 Posts: 10 Member
    Hello all from New Orleans!
  • Lyitae
    Lyitae Posts: 3 Member
    Hello all! I have a number of health conditions. I'm about 10% mobile and reliant on a wheelchair the rest of the time at this point. So, for right now my goal is just to get back into tracking everyday and staying within my calory goal.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Hi, My name is Nicole. I am 28 years old and. I have been living with with chronic plantar fasciitis for over 4 years now. It started after running a marathon in February of 2016. I have tried every treatment and emerging treatment for my condition. This year in January I finally had surgery. I was supposed to be "cured" by now, but I'm not. It's so discouraging. So far nothing has worked. Plantar fasciitis is common and for like 99% of people its easily cured with good shoes physical therapy, but I'm one of those few people that isn't so lucky. I've tried physical therapy many times and places, many rounds of shockwave therapy, two PRP injections, surgery and now I'm trying a botox injection. I'm praying it works.

I live with pain every single day. Often it's just a small amount of pain but sometimes it can be a lot. I have had a temp handicap permit on and off for the past several years. At one point I couldn't even walk across the street without limping in pain. I remember one day I drove around for half an hour desperately trying to find street parking near my work, the closest spot was a half mile away and I just broke down in tears.

I try to always have hope but some days it gets depressing. I don't know if I will ever run again like I used to. But some days I can do a lot. On monday I walked over an hour by the beach. Of course that hurt my foot, but I was able to do it. Today I did a 10 minute walk around my block and I was walking slowly like an old lady with a slight limp. I hate it when people say "don't push through pain." What do they mean!? I am always in pain. Walking on the beach causes pain, yes, and so does walking to the bathroom, and so does standing and cooking dinner. I always have to "push though pain". We all do, because we all need to live! We are all survivors living through this.
  • I'm so happy to see a group for chronic pain people. I have a rare connective tissue disorder, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, and weight management has been a huge struggle because I'm not able to do all the cardio I'd love to do. And due to a gastrointestinal disorder, a lot of "healthy foods" are sort of off the table. It's been such a struggle.
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Hi all. Pain on a daily basis can make weight loss difficult and weight loss can make pain more bearable is my motto for now. I'm 74 with 40 lbs to lose. I have had fibro for 10 years as well as osteo arthritis in shoulders, severe central complex hypopnea and back problems so I can relate. It's good to be a part of a group where we can share positive as well as negative thoughts and not be judged as whiners. Best of days to all of you.a
  • Rdy4changes
    Rdy4changes Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, my name is Ashley and I am 37. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis, about 6 years ago. I was born with severe scoliosis so it was just another diagnosis on the pile of many. I deal with limited mobility and pain. Due to meds and just limited mobility, I have gotten up to 371lbs. I have an 18 and 12 year old, and I want to be around for them, and until this year, I was fairly active. walking 5k's with my younger son (with my walker, but doing it) and swimming.
    It was a rude awakening when I got on that scale at the doctors office this past week. My brain was very shocked, wow we are here. oh wow. So I downloaded DDP yoga, and MFP, and I have to make my best effort.

Thanks for having me. Look forward to encouraging others and staying motivated along the way. Happy journey everyone.

Ashley
  • melmerritt33
    Welcome and good luck! It’s hard when you’re in pain all the time but worth persevering.
  • Jadedraggin
    Jadedraggin Posts: 37 Member
    Hi, Terri here. Glad to see this group. As someone else has said, if you don't live it you don't understand it. Diagnosed with arthritis 30 years ago (I'm 65). Managed to find thru elimination diet that nightshades severely aggrivated my arthritis in my back and hip and large doses of naproxen helped reduce the inflammation and kill the pain. As I've gotten older, I've had to give up my meds because of kidney disease and lately I find little relief. I've been using a medical Marijuana tea which is mostly CBD that takes the edge off so I can sleep at night, but I can't function with it during the day. It's always something ....
  • melmerritt33
    Welcome! It’s really hard with meds, I ended up on nothing but over the counter painkillers because of side effects that I felt were worse than the pain! I also found out that foods cause a lot of my pain after going on a zero carb carnivore diet to try and resolve IBS issues. After a few weeks not only was my IBS better but so were my pain levels, I don’t need to take painkillers every day now. So it’s a matter of trying different things and finding out what works for you. I know a lot of people seem to be sensitive to nightshades and feel a lot better when they exclude them so there’s obviously something in that.
  • Beelady516
    Beelady516 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm new here I came over from Sparkpeople..I have severe osteo Arthritis. It is hard some days but I'm still quite active ..I'm glad I found this Team 🙆🌠💕