a bunch of random- phentermine, diet, balance between work, house and exercising..

Options
rbaird0922
rbaird0922 Posts: 2 Member
Hi!
I'm Becky! I'm 33 with 3 kids ages 15, 11 & 3 (yes the 3 year old was planned.. everyone always asks because of the age difference).

I have a desk job with job related stress. I weighed 142 when I finally married my husband back in 2012. I weighed 208 in July. That was the turning point for me. I now had weighed more than I did with my youngest at 9 months of pregnancy.

The past few months have been rough with a lot of emotional and stress eating. I gained between 20-30lbs since February alone. The stress of what we found out in February isn't even over yet. I'm hoping its officially over next month and the outcome is as we hope.

I saw my doctor and I was prescribed Phentermine. I don't get the crazy energy that others claim it gives them. I am a raging savage beast at some point during the day as it wears off, but it has helped. I now weight 197.6lbs. I'm pretty proud of that alone.

My husband signed us up for the YMCA. They offer limited childcare so I can only go during certain hours. My girls enjoy going so it has become something that me and the kids like doing. I'm hoping that helps as well since I'm stuck at a desk most of the day.

How does one manage boring desk job, house stuff (including dinner) and then finding time to work out? That is a struggle. I have changed my diet around. The doctor gave me between 1300-1500 calorie limit for the day, and I've done decent with it (minus during our vacation we took).

Replies

• forknitsandgiggles91
    Options
    Hey Becky! I'm right there with you! I work a desk job and have a 9 year old kiddo. My highest weight was 253 and I'm currently 160- full disclosure I had undiagnosed hypothyroidism that I finally got treatment for and gastric sleeve surgery. Anyway- my husband and I bang out house stuff together on the weekends to keep our weekdays open. When I first got started I bought a jogging stroller off Craigslist and signed up for a race. Having a deadline was a huge motivation to hit the treadmill or road.