Ghost town

VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
Just wondering if I'm the only one here at this point in time? I'm getting lonely lol!

I'm nearly 7 months post partum and been trying to lose weight for a out 2 weeks. I'm struggling to keep my milk supply up enough while I do despite eating between 1850 and 1900 a day and eating back exercise on top of that. When I ate more, I didn't lose any weight. My little one is part time breastfeeding and part time solid food.

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    I will be here in two weeks and I can't wait!!!!! I miss my body and I miss my clothes!!!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I will also be joining soon, probably about 2 weeks or less. However I won't be in weight loss mode for at least another 6+ weeks while my milk supply is established, but I can cheer you on! :)
  • klhp
    klhp Posts: 5 Member
    I'm one month post partum with my fifth and just starting back up on my weight loss journey - again!
  • AnneMP1977
    AnneMP1977 Posts: 30 Member
    I’m here! I’m 4.5 months post partum and breastfeeding both my just turned 3 year old and 4.5 month old! I’m constantly tired and eating junk to just get through. I’m back to pre pregnancy weight but want to lose a bit more (about 5kg) as my body has changed since having kids. I have no idea how many calories to add with tandem feeding. A tandem feeding group I’m part of on Facebook says 3,500 for maintenance. I’ll start at 2,200 and see how I go.
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    I’m here! I’m 6 month pp with baby #4. Not breastfeeding and have lost about 30 lbs since birth (gained waaay to much tho). It’s a slow process for me while my hormones settle back down. It always takes me 12-14 months to lose it all.

Katie, I know how hard the weight loss is post partum. But that is so awesome you are still nursing and I’m sure once your baby weans you can drop your calories for faster loss. I’ve never been able to breastfeed any of my babes, but from a lot of nursing moms I know, the last bit of weight can be stubborn until you wean 🙁
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited August 2019
    Ah its great to hear from you all! Sorry i disappeared for a week. We went to Montreal for my brothers wedding (and i gained back everything i lost since having my baby gah).

It does suck to struggle with losing this time. I didnt have any supply issues with my first baby so weight loss was fine. Not this time though. I feel like I would have to pump 2 or 3 tines a day on top of breastfeeding to keep my supply up (i also want to get an oversupply so i can wean off the domperidone). I want to ideally nurse my LO till she is 18 months but I plan to wean off the domperidone at 12 months and just hope I have enough of an over supply to keep breastfeeding.

I lost 9 lbs the day after my baby was born (she was nearly 7 lbs so what the heck) and havent lost much since then. 3 lbs maybe?
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 496 Member
    Number 2 is due in 9 weeks. I'll be joining the ghost town then
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Hi all! Had my baby boy 2 weeks ago. I gained about 30lbs and I weighed in a week later and was 15lbs down. I am not trying to lose weight right now so I'm eating everything in sight :p
  • sunnyhike58
    sunnyhike58 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm 9 months PP and he is eating solids and nursing. I really want to start up some sustainable fitness habits since I never lost the weight from my first pregnancy. My weight loss goal is about 40lbs. It's alright if it's slow as long as it's in the right direction. I'm struggling with not enough sleep, too much work, and Hashimotos.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    I am 5 weeks postpartum today. I have been walking 2-3 miles a day and I am ready to be cleared to workout next week. I have already lost 20 pounds and have 5 to go...for this baby, but would like to lose 20 long term. I am taking it 5 pounds at a time though. I am EBF and I already have an oversupply. I have been stocking the freezer for when I got back to work in January. I know my supply will dwindle then.
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Hi, I just joined. I'm 7 months postpartum - I started logging 2 months ago. I had back to back pregnancies (I have a 19 month old and a 7 month old) so it feels like I've been pregnant/postpartum for years now, lol. I've been walking for exercise, trying to add in a few posture/ joint-stabilizing exercises. Logging is going well. I gained 8 pounds after my 7 month old was born (after the initial loss) but it could have been worse- I gained 50 lbs the first year of my first child's life. Eeek. Doing better this time!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    I am 10 weeks post partum and I had been feeling really good about my progress until this week. I know I am rocking my workouts and doing pretty good with eating but the csection shelf isn't budging. I have to go back to work in 3 weeks so I decided to go shopping. Everything was too big or too small, so I bought two tops and I am not sure I actually like either. Today, I tried on half my closet. Everything almost fits. But my lower belly is so gross. It makes everything too tight. Sorry, I know I am just complaining but I am so frustrated!!!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    It sounds like you're doing really well @healingnurtrer With my third, I lost almost all the weight and they basically to-do 5 pounds until I got pregnant with #4.
  • Megliveken
    Megliveken Posts: 21 Member
    I'm just over 2 weeks postpartum with #2. I've already lost 8 of the 10 kg I put on this pregnancy and I'm sitting at 63kg this week. Didn't loose all the weight after #1 before getting pregnant again so still have another 8kg to get to my ultimate goal weight of 55kg.

I'm not actually attempting to loose weight yet but started tracking to try and encourage staying at maintenance level or just over so that breastfeeding calories will create a small deficit.
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 496 Member
    Anyone active on this thread? I delivering soon and will be joining
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Hi Karen, I'm here still :smile: 8 months postpartum. I wasn't ready to log food until he was 5 months old so I've only been working on this for 3 months now. I hope all goes well with your delivery and new baby!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Hi @VeryKatie I just found this group :D

Baby boy is 4 months old now. Haven’t lost any weight but I’m counting calories lol. Slow and steady I guess...
  • AnneMP1977
    AnneMP1977 Posts: 30 Member
    Hi ladies, just thought I’d give a brief update. I’m now 8 months post partum with my second.
    I’m slowly losing, but haven’t been trying. Need to start putting an effort in as I’m really eating far too much sugar and I’m sure it isn’t helping my energy levels.
    I’m now 63-64kg (starting weight pre - pregnancy was 67kg).