Term 10

Options
jgundz
jgundz Posts: 2,735 Member
Week 1: Traditions of Ilvermorny

“Gather round all!” Prof Tahm called to the returning and new students as they exited the Stars Rest Inn in Williamstown. “It’s time to make our way up to the castle! As the returning students know, there are a few different ways to make it up the mountain.”

“For those of you who are not aware there is the straight path up, the longer more scenic route, you could take one of the canoes and paddle up stream, or swim up it if you’re feeling daring.” Prof Dixie said as Prof Tahm transfigured herself into her animagi form of a dolphin and swam up the river.

“New students, each way will be lead by one of our Pukwudgie friends here as we don’t want any of you getting lost.” Dixie added gesturing to three small grey creatures with points on their backs.

“Why you had to change the way up to the castle is beyond my understanding.” Grandpap Pukwudgie grumbled.

“Always the traditionalist.” tmeadows_08 chuckled before making her way up with the other returning students. Once everyone made it to the top of the hill HM jgundz was waiting for them with water and healthy snacks.

“Welcome all!” HM jgundz called as a few sat down on the ground in exhaustion. “Before we head inside I wanted to start the term off right. As many of you first years have now learned, Ilvermorny is helped by the wonderful local Pukwudgie clan. This is Grandpap Pukwudgie. He and Grandmam Pukwudgie reside here in the castle with us. And at times call upon more of their tribe to help us.”

“Now, as many of the returning students can attest to, they do not behave and should not be treated as servants.” Prof Yume stated, “they are not house elves, and are here by choice. They do not pick up after us, and do what they do out of the tradition they have created with Ilvermorny since it’s founders helped Urthbert their grandson years ago.”

“Wow, that hike up the hill is no joke.” first year iiicannnndoooothisss said from their spot sitting on the ground. “How are all you returning students no winded?”

“We’ve learned some tricks over the years.” sue_01 explained. Westpancake and coop925 both nodded.

“Teach us please!” ambonds said through gulps of air.

“One trick is we always stretch as soon as we get up here. It helps keep our muscles from cramping up.” westpancake explained.

“This one is our favorite.” sue_01 said as she began to stretch, waiting in each stretch for the first years to follow along.

“Come now all you tired loves.” Grandmam Pukwudgie called. “Let’s get inside for the welcome feast!” Everyone rushed inside, the first years stopping at the doors to the Great Hall noticing there were not house tables, but that all the groups were mingling around round tables spread throughout the room. They slowly made their way over to a number of smiling waving returning students. The hall went quiet as HM jgundz stood in front of the staff table.

“Now, before we start the feast, we have a special event to celebrate.” HM jgundz said and looked to her left as DanielleFayeS and Razzmic rolled a towering cake made of fruit into the room. “Happy Birthday to our distinguished Professor Tahm!!!” The hall broke into cheering and applause.

“Aww, you guys remembered I can’t have gluten, yeast and dairy!” Prof Tahm said happily stealing a blueberry from the side of the cake.

As fruit was passed around the room, and some was floated up to the rafters for the ghosties, HM continued her welcome speech.
“Many of you will be familiar with this next announcement. We will be continuing our journey in Defense Against the Dark Arts. In a moment the heads of house will be passing out your DADA supplementary lesson books to the first years. First years, if you look around, the returning students books are no longer brown. They have changed colors as the students progress through their lessons.” HM jgundz explained. “You will work on these all term long to see how far you can get in your DADA lessons.”

Chatter resumed throughout the Hall as returning students shared their previous workbooks with the first years. As everyone finished up their meals and fruit birthday cake Tahm stood up. Everyone turned to listen to her.

“Alright everyone, one last thing before you all turn in for the night!” Prof tahm began. “We are going to do a simple Charms lesson tonight, as a nice way to start what is sure to be a fantastic term!”

Replies

• jgundz
    Options
    Week 2: Oh What A Riddle

“I have arrived!” called a voice in the Great Hall one morning for breakfast. Everyone turned to look at the new person standing in the doorway. When everyone realized they didn’t know this new arrival they looked at the head table quizzically. HM jgunds stood with a smile on her face.

“Hello, you must be Call_Me_Emrys.” HM said, walking around the head table and among the tables. The new arrival nodded. “Everyone, I know many of you may find it odd that a new person has joined us as term has already begun, but this is Call_Me_Emrys, they have transferred from Hogwarts this term, and wanted to get a jump on the transition as fast as possible.” The new arrival waved at everyone.

“Thank you Headmistress.” Call_Me_Emrys said with a smile.

“Find a seat anywhere, we will get you sorted later on so you can join your classmates. Everyone is still settling in to their common rooms, and the first years are just getting the hang of things so you shouldn’t be too far behind.”

Breakfast resumed as normal, or as normal at Ilvermorny could be when there was a crash from the back of the hall. When turning to look everyone saw a bench on the floor at coop925’s feet. He looked at his head of house Prof Dixie sheepishly.

“Sorry Professors, West said she didn’t think I could lift the bench over my head.” coop925 explained. Westpancake laughed.

“And it appears I was right.” she said as Coop righted the bench and glared at her.

“That’s some unconventional weight lifting.” BeeQueen2016 said to Cynbet69.

“Sometimes that’s the best kind.” TayaCurragh said with a smirk, then leaned and whispered to Razzmic that they could probably find some interesting things to lift the common room.

That night in the Pukwudgie common room Fitkacs, grammykp58, and _ashhill were found using gauze from the healing stores as resistance bands and doing some strength training.

Meanwhile in the Wampus common room slimpossible007, and LadySaton were in the forge daring vcubergirl818 and ellebl to lift shields and cannon balls as weights.

In the Thunderbird common room rikkejohnsenrij and Kmasz were racing to see who could do more pullups from the rafters in their tower.

In the Horned Serpent common room, while trying to lift a wavering pile of books ashdawg8790 stumbled backwards into a bookcase, causing it to come toppling down with a crash.

After getting settled into their common rooms and engaging in some good natured chaos the students and staff made their way to the main hall area for a quick announcement.

“Come along now, we can’t be late for this, on a schedule you know, otherwise this one might fly away, and it was really hard to answer the riddle to get them to agree to our request,” Prof Kiri said.

“Fly away,” rosetigger paused with a curious look on their face.

“What need you to answer a riddle to stay?” Lonnijay mused

“Well that is a riddle now isn’t it,” Prof kiri laughed brightly.

“I’m almost ready, I just need my socks,” jschmid2 quickly stated rummaging through their trunk hurriedly. “I don’t want to miss whatever this is.”

“Gads, got ‘em,” jschmid2 noted spotting them beside the bed tossing them over as BeeQueen2016 quickly put their socks and shoes on.

Rushing down the hallway, students made their way to the main hall.

“Gather round now, we’ve got quite the treat for you all today. Each of you grab on to one of the hula-hoops in front of you. Stay with your houses now!” HM jgundz

“Ghosties, make sure you grab this crystal hoop as it’ll let us travel along,” the ghostly wand maester called.

All of the students and ghosts grasped at their respective hoop. Within a moment each of them felt a pull around their navel area to disappear and pop out of Ilvermorny. A confused shragon and merkitty look around wondering where all of the stick wavers went off too, but decide instead to jump around on all of the tables as Grandmam tries to shoo them off.

The students and staff arrive at what appears to be an old set of ruins.

“I know where we are,” katsheare called out.

“The Acropolis,” JPerry84 whispered.

“One of our contacts has managed to successfully find and answer a Sphinx’s riddle to allow us to make this, this week’s CoMC lesson. “ HM jgundz

Our contact, Crispin here will tell us more.

“The sphinx is a creature from muggle Greek mythology, though the term would later come to be applied to ancient Egyptian statues of similar appearance, most famously the Great Sphinx of Giza. The association of sphinxes with riddles comes from the sphinx appointed to guard the city of Thebes by asking a riddle and killing any who could not answer which is why we were so very cautious with this particular creature. Sphinxes are renowned for being extremely intelligent as they are capable of human speech, and are known for their love of puzzles, riddles, and enigmas, with the only reason for their exclusion from the Beings class being their aggressive behaviour towards humans.“

The sphinx snorted in derition. Looking over to the sphinx, it had the body of an over-large lion: great clawed paws and a long yellowish tail ending in a brown tuft. Its head, however, was that of a woman. She looked over at the humans with arched eyebrows raising her chin higher as Crispin continued.

“Their riddles are normally extremely long and complicated, with profusely subtle references to the answer that most people would almost certainly miss. They also possess superhuman strength, especially in their brutally powerful paws — this makes them very dangerous to human beings, and is why they are classed so high in terms of dangerous species,”

“Riddles are easy if you know what to look for, for I could just so easily say, What begins with T, ends with T, and has T in it?”

“Oh, a teapot,” The313 exclaimed as the sphinx looked over surprised at the quick accurate answer.
    “I really enjoy tea,” she noted pulling out a teapot from her robes offering a cup to the sphinx who gratefully accepted.

“Most sphinxes are located in Egypt now, but their original home is here in Greece. Since you all came out this way please try some of our fare. There’s moussaka, baklava, some hummus dip, and some tzatziki over there. Also I recommend trying the greek meatloaf with some pita and make a gyro. It’s my favorite.” Prof tahm said happily.

After eating a significant portion of the tasty food it was time to return to Ilvermorny and wrap up for the day.

“Please grab the hoops from earlier. In 3 - 2 - 1,” and the students and staff were pulled back into the main hall.

Upon entry to the main hall a fine white mist permeated the air as Grandmam grumbled while sweeping. “That darn shragon and wet furball made this big mess. I was making my famous cheese pie and they jumped into the flour spreading it everywhere,” Grandmam pointed at the multiple footprints some appearing to be more doughy in nature due to the merkitty’s water bubble.

“Let’s get this cleaned up real quick,” VanVanDiane noted pointing to pickupappenguin and talhonjik to perform a quick scourgify spell on the area as DreamPhedre and sue_01 went in search of the two rapscallions who had made this mess lest they spread it across the castle.

The two devious little mischief makers had not gotten too far as they were nestled in a corner of the library with only a fine dusting of flour on a few books. sue_01 picked up the sleepy eyed the shragon as DreamPhedre picked up the snoring merkitty.

The little shragon was taken up to the Thunderbird tower and placed in their bed right by the fire as the merkitty was taken to the Pukwudgie house and nestled into their water pond blowing bubbles with each snore.

In the castle a faint ping is heard...
  • jgundz
    Options
    Week 3: Oh what a journey!

As the term has progresses the castle seems to change too. Little details here and there. DADA notebooks are becoming slowly colored in with vibrant colors and patterns reflecting each student’s progress and personality.

Quidditch has taken hold of the masses as the previous week had tryouts. The ghosts have found ways to cheer for their respective houses, though they have been warned against bringing the unicorn margaritas to the stands as the students were not fond of the dripping from above.

The staff have had bi-weekly meetings regarding the Gaunt problem, but so far for this term it seems to have removed itself--at least for the time being. It’s time to be stronger and more accurate. Gaunt herself even in a weakened state is a strong witch. The only thing that can really be done is to be smart and set a few goals for how to handle her when she shows up again.

Out of the corner of your field of vision you see something you don’t think is real…

“What the…” haywardmadelyn575 notes pointing at the 4 foot tall humanoid looking frog.

“Ah, yes Matthews, thank you for coming by, you know I greatly appreciate your help with the wand making,” the ghostly wand maester nodding at Pamelyb and gutcutter500 who gently remove a few outer scales and place each of them in their own glass jar and stopper them up.

Pamelyb places a salve on the spots for where the outer scales were as the scales seemingly regrow instantly.

Gutcutter500 hands over a large bag that contains a variety of large bugs and insects to the odd looking frog who takes it happily and munches on one large handful of the bugs.

“If you would be so kind as to reset the portal back to Ohio for our dear friend here TurquoiseViolet215 and taykod?” the wand maester noted pointing to the pond.

TurquoiseViolet215 and taykod pointed to the pond and noted the incantation as the pond began to gently glow and turn a brilliant shade of orange and red.

The frog like creature took two hops and jumped into the pond dissapearing as the water turned back to its natural blue-green color.

“You’ll need to explain this one to me,” Professor kiri said with a look of utter confusion.

“Ah, yes Matthews,” pointing to the water from where the frog left, “is a loveland frog native to Ohio, and he so graciously has provided me with a few scales every few terms to make wands.”

“His name is Matthews?” taykod asked.

“Well, he can’t vocalize his name in human language, but he responded to that name after a while.” Yume replied.

“Why not something like Hoppy?” TurquoiseViolet215 suggested

“Well, I used to date a guy named Hoppy down in Alabama; he was quite a jumper too. But it felt off here…” Yume followed.

“We can have a more detailed time with Matthews or one of his family members another day for CoMC if you’d like. Just need to get lots of bugs,” the HM commented. Speaking of which it’s time to go into the woods for our CoMC lesson this week.

“It’s only a 20 minute walk in the forest to get there, but I assure you it’s well worth it.” Professor tahm beamed.

Walking through the dense woody undergrowth it is difficult to not trip on the roots that splay on the ground above the dirt.

“These woods are both amazing, and creepy.” Kmasz said to the other students nearby.

“Watch your feet!” brisingr86 said from floating overhead.

“Easy for you to say.” abowersgirl said “the forest floor doesn’t seem to be trying trying to trip you.” As this was said MaelynMayhem went toppling to the ground with their bag contents spilling on to the forest floor. The other students stopped to help them collect their parchment, ink, pencils, quills.

“What’s this book?” DanielleFayeS asked looking at the title. “Oh a dancing book! That’s awesome!”

“Everyone back together now, it’s getting darker!” HM jgundz called quietly. “Feel free to take out your wands to light a path, but keep the lights low please! We don’t want to scare away what we’re going to find.” Many students took out wands and said ‘Lumos’ quietly to get a light to watch their step.

As the group continued through the forest, they stayed quiet and listened to the variety of sounds in the forest. After a few minutes there was an odd humming sound coming from up the path. Walking around a bend they found a centaur who appear to be meditating, and chanting.

“Ah Thellene, sorry to interrupt.” HM jgundz said in greeting. “Students this is Thellene, the staff and I met her when we were traveling through the forest over break.”

“I didn’t know we had centaurs in this forest!” Hamsibian said.

“I didn’t know centaurs meditated.” NelsonKatelyn said in response.

“Why yes we do.” Thellene said, “We do it quite often to center ourselves back to be intune with the world around us.”

After saying farewell to Thellene the group wandered further into the forest.

“We should meditate on what to do about Gaunt once and for all, she surely pops up at inconvenient times.” westpancake said to coop925.

“It’s odd, she says she’s not done with us, but then doesn’t reappear until we dispose of her horcrux.” coop925 said thoughtfully.

“I guess we need to make sure she doesn’t have any more of those.” tmeadows_08 said overhearing the two.

They came upon a clearing, at which point the professors instructed them to extinguish their wand light and be as silent as possible as they found a spot around the clearing to observe what they were about to see.

As everyone found a place to sit, HM jgundz did a spell on her voice so as she spoke it sounded as if she was whispering in each person’s ear. They looked out into the clearing and saw a lone unicorn playing with Sheldon, their almiraj, or unibunnicorn they found terms ago.

“As you can see we have found the iconic creature of magic, the unicorn. Their tail hairs are very well known to be extremely valuable wand cores. The staff has been working to gain this one’s trust so wand maester Yume can try them out. As you can see this one is silver, not yet white, which means it is between the age of two, when it goes from gold to silver, and seven years old when they become pure white. Young unicorns are more trusting, however all unicorns prefer a woman’s touch to a man’s.” A few of the male students grimaced.

“Unicorn horns can be ground up for potions, and their tails can be used for their strength as bandages. Lastly their blood can give someone, even on the brink of death further life. But it is said to be a half life, cursed. It is a atrocious crime to slay a unicorn.”

After an exiting the forest after their long journey back to the castle we can see Grandmam looking quite flustered.

“That shragon has done it again!” Grandmam cried out.

“Now dear, when multiple magical creatures sneeze on some already semi-magical food things happen,” Grandpap countered.

“It seems the shragon and demiguise sneezed at the same time while they were a ruckus in the pantry and caused a group of purple potatoes to coalesce and combine into a magical potato man who is now spawning other tiny potato people who are trying to take over the kitchen area and dig into the stone ground to get themselves underground as root vegetables want to do.” TayaCurragh replied covered in starch and dirt wiping their furrowed brow.

“So what you’re saying is, it’s the battle of the spuds,” The313 said

“No, no it’s the silence of the yams,” coop925 countered

“Look at all those baby potatoes,” rikkejohnsenrij said

“Don’t you mean small fry. “ fourathomej said

“Enough with the puns.” orngnerdz said

“What don’t you find them appealing?” The313 asked

“Why it makes me starch raving mad,” orngnerdz countered.

Everyone groans at the ridiculousness at the situation.

“Alright, let’s mash these potatoes, wait, no I really didn’t mean to make a pun.” danzrlove said as people started throwing pieces of paper at them.

This shall be heralded as one of the most epic and tasty battles of all time. Charge!

In another part of the castle we hear a tiny sneeze and a magical ping.
  • jgundz
    Options
    Week 4: What messy creatures...

“Nooo!!” a call of frustration was heard throughout the castle. When rushing to find the person in distress coop925 and westpancake found talhonjik standing over a crashed cart of paints, with bright colors splattered over multiple surfaces.

“Ember and Ara came rushing through here playing tag or something with Wampii and TIDS and knocked all my paints over, creating this mess.” talhonjik said exasperatedly.

“Well some of it looks kind of pretty.” westpancake said trying to calm her friend. “And you are a witch, clean up should be pretty easy.”

“I guess our magical beasts enjoy arts and crafts as much as some of us do.” coop925 said with a smirk, his usual joking self showing.

“I saw haywardmadelyn575 carrying some towels towards the infirmary stock room, I’ll go find her and get some while you magic some of this away.” westpancake said to tal and coop. She made her way out of the classroom and noticed some colors paw and tail prints going up and down the hallways. Shaking her head she made her way to the infirmary where she found Prof tahm and haywardmadelyn575 stocking towels.

“Hey, can I take some of those?” westpancake said, “ Ara, Ember, TIDS, and Wampii made a bit of a mess. Prof tahm laughed before tossing a few towels to westpancake who took them and left.

“Towels can be very handy around here.” Prof tahm said to haywardmadelyn575. “I always try to have one with me when I venture out of the castle, as does much of the staff.

“Why is that professor?” haywardmadelyn575 asked.

“You can do many things, both for healing, and prevention of injuries with a towel.” Prof tahm explained. “Hmmm, now that’s an idea for assignments this week. I will talk to Dixie. You should make your way to Herbology.” haywardmadelyn575 nodded and made her way to class as Prof tahm packed some towels up for both Charms and Herbology classes for the week.

“Where did those two go?” Slimpossible007 asked MrsGreenstar76 as they searched the Wampus common room for their not so kittensized Wampus kittens.

“I heard they were seen up near the DADA classroom.” puffbrat said floating through the wall.

“Causing trouble again no doubt.” gam3rguy said with a laugh.

“Better check the grounds, they tend to get into trouble and then go outside.” fourathomej said. The students made their way out to the grounds, as they made it outside they heard yelling and began to run. As they rounded the corner near the dragon paddocks they saw a number of students waving their arms and running towards the castle, as the Wampus kittens and Ara the merkitty and Ember the Shragon frolicked towards the lake.

“Run!” usedmemories called, “TIDS ran right through a bees nest! The bees are not happy!!” Taking the hint, all the students outside ran back into the castle and shut the doors as soon as all were inside.

“Those wampii are trouble.” rikkejohnsenrij said bending over to catch their breath.

As the students walk back through the castle they smell something heavenly coming out of the kitchen. They sneak a peek to see Grandmam baking some new tarts.

“Are those jellybeans on top?” whitefire78 asked the group. Hearing them Grandmama turned around and shooed them out of the kitchen.

“Out! Out!” Grandmam called while waving her towel at them. “You can wait until dinner to try my new tarts!”

“Jellybeans?” murdog3t muttered as they made their way away from the kitchen. “I can’t wait to try that!”

Elsewhere in the castle there was a commotion as the occamy in the Horned Serpent common room got out of their teacups and baskets and decided to take up more space, spilling the tea that katsheare and elkinschristina had been enjoying.

“Come on Arky, back in the basket!” VanVanDiane called out holding a beetle up to coerce the occamy back to where they should be. Once she had their attention she tossed it into the occamy basket and Arky followed.

NelsonKatelyn and gawworthington left to get some towels and cleaning supplies muttering as they left the common room and passed Call_Me_Emrys on the stairs.

“Makes me miss house elves.” Call_Me_Emrys said as a pinging sounded through the hallway.
  • jgundz
    Options
    Week 5: tricky tricky

It’s always interesting to see the shenanigans of the fluffy ones. Passing down the halls, classes are progressing smoothly. Well as smoothly as the fluffy ones will allow to happen. A gathering of students have made their way to the main hall area.

“Well what does it say?” MaelynMayhem asked pointing at the wall.

“I’m not quite sure, but it looks vaguely familiar. I just can’t place it,” Gutcutter500 thinks aloud.

Looking to the wall there is a set of sigils that seem to be glowing to a rhythm.

“I think I saw those sigils carved into a rock face outside by the lake,”’ redversustheblue noted with hapamama23 nodding.

“Yeah, but it’s only visible at night. It doesn’t glow during the day time when the sun’s out.” puffbrat added

“I suppose we could go back to the castle, but it seems like it’s such a nice day outside. Let’s wait out here for a bit.” katsheare said stretching in the sunlight.

Several hours later the staff and students return outside.

Katsheare and Gutcutter500 guide the gaggle with lit wands to return to the rocks.

“Huh, no sigils on this rock, I wonder what happened?” whitefire78 querried lifting the rock in their hand to get a better view.

With the moonlight now on the rock the sigil began to glow.

“Ah, it’s only visible in moonlight,” tmeadows_08 commented.

“I wonder…” TayaCurragh said pulling out a few mirrors getting the moonlight to reflect around the area.

A few other sigils glowed on the rocks.

“It seems this one was not alone,” Inazea solemnly noted as they began to copy the sigils on a piece of parchment and then suddenly stopped, as the sigil burned the parchment.

ariecpotter and DanielleFayeS looked at the burning paper quizically.

“That sigil might mean something, but it could also potentially cast a spell.” LonniJay followed.

“We need to memorize these parts or come back with some books to see what they mean.” eleanorhawkins suggested

”Should we take those stones with us?” SylviazSpirit cautiously said looking at the stones.

“We should leave them be,” nervously Call_Me_Emrys twitched as sweat beaded on their neck.

“Are you okay Emyrs? You look as if you are going to faint.” The313 worriedly placed their fingers on their forehead.

“I’m fine. We should just leave these stones alone and get away. I think they’re making me weak. Maybe we can find something to contain them tomorrow” Emyrs twitched.

“Perhaps you’re right. We should have an appropriate containment spell first.” Prof tahm said

“All right, back to the castle. We’ll search the library tonight for an appropriate containment spell and bring them back then.” HM jgundz said as the party nodded sagely.

Walking back to the castle, stars roll slowly in a silvery night. Far away on the other side. The night was heavy and the air was alive, carried away by a moonlight shadow.

The next morning Prof Dixie gathered the students and ghosts for their Herbology lesson.

“I know your minds are all thinking about the sigils outside, but since we cannot do anything about those until tonight please try and focus on our lesson today.” Prof Dixie said. “I know this may be hard, but try to empower your mind with this lesson.”

That night everyone gathered to go back out to the grounds for Care of Magical Creatures class. HM jgundz has instructed them that they would be walking to the far end of the grounds to a glen where some noise has been heard.

Approaching the glen, the students and staff came to a small pile of galleons on the ground surrounded by tiny green clad men.

“The Leprechaun, sometimes known as the Clauricorn, is a mischievous magical creature, although it is not malicious. They have a reputation as pranksters, but have never inflicted lasting damage on a Human. Native only to Ireland, they are fully sentient and capable of speech but have never requested the Ministry of Magic to reclassify them as Beings.” HM jgundz began as the tiny green clad fellows began to dance a little jig.

“Green in colour, the Leprechaun reaches a height of around six inches, and normally wear clothing made out of leaves. Leprechauns main diet consists of vegetation, primarily leaves. Although they are humanoid-like creatures, it is unlikely that they are related to humans or any other human-related beings, such as goblins.”

“Leprechauns live in forests and wooded areas, and they enjoy attracting Muggle attention to themselves. This tendency has led to them being heavily integrated into Muggle children's stories and legends. Leprechauns have the ability to create a gold-like substance that disappears, much to their amusement, after a few hours. Much of this Leprechaun gold is created in the form of Galleon coins.

“My uncle lost a bet and paid with Leprechaun gold once. The other person wasn’t happy when the gold disappeared.” _ashhill said and paused.

“Didn’t you do something like that once Prof?” talhonjik asked looking at the ghostly wand maester.

Looking off in the distance. “Maybe,” the wand maester replied with a sly smile.

The leprechauns less amused at the students attention now decide that it is a good time to leave. One of them who looks like a senior leprechaun pulls out a single coin and it a moon-based rainbow emerges. The leprechauns jump on to the rainbow and fly off to a new destination.

Antics though fun, require the day to end. Tis time to say goodnight.

In the castle a ping is heard and a crack is noticeable on the school’s barrier.
  • jgundz
    Options
    Week 6: Toxic

The staff was in the faculty lounge planning the rest of the terms lessons when katsheare and ashdawg8790 came rushing through the door.

“We found one!” ashdawg8790 said breathlessly as they both worked to catch their breath. The staff looked at them questioningly.

“We found a containment spell we think will work for the stones we found out on the grounds.” katsheare explained holding out an old book. “We found it in the deep recesses of the Horned Serpent common room.”

“Always good place to find old spells, we’ve collected quite the variety of things over the years.” Prof Yume said.

“Didn’t you once find a casino book?” ashdawg8790 asked yume.

“That may have happened.” Prof Yume said with a smirk.

“May have? I believe I had to break up a full on casino in the common room that term.” HM jgundz said laughing.

“It was an educational tool.” Prof Yume said, trying not to laugh. “Card games can be educational.”

“Anyway, what do we need for the spell you found?”HM jgundz asked katsheare and ashdawg8790.

“We will need to clean up the area of the garden the stones are in, the spell requires a very manicured area.” ashdawg8790 said.

“That seems doable.” Prof tahm said. “We can have some students go out tomorrow and do some gardening.”

As the group made their way out of the faculty lounge they almost ran into Call_Me_Emrys in the hall, who appeared to have been hovering outside the door.

“Did you need something Emrys?” Prof kiri asked. Call_MeEmrys stuttered no’s and apologies and wandered away. The professors sent katsheare and ashdawg8790 to gather the students and get everyone outside gardening.

The professors made their way out to the corner of the grounds that the stones had been found on shortly before the sun set to find all the students gathered finishing up their gardening with music playing out of a speaker.

“Nice touch.” Prof Dixie said gesturing to the speaker.

“We thought work would go by faster with some motivational music.” hapamama23 explained.

“We each provided a few song suggestions and then just let it go as we worked.

“The only thing we didn’t do is water the plants. We didn’t want wet grass and mud while we worked tonight.” mrmcgrath explained.

“Very smart.” Prof kiri said, “we can do that in the morning. It’s just as important for the plants to get their water as it is for us.”

“Alright, the sun is setting and the moon is coming out.” rosetigger said, “katsheare, what’s next?”

Katsheare and ashdawg8790 directed everyone to their assigned places, and gave the book to HM jgundz to read the spell as they held out the crate they were going to put the stones in. Once the spell was performed, the students levitated the stones into the crate and closed it up.

“We will keep this in the library, so anyone who has time can work on determining what the symbols mean.” Prof Yume explained. The group went back to the castle, and a few students stayed in the library to begin looking into the sigils.

“Ugh, I feel like everytime I open a book I’m starting all over with this search.” LadySaton said to grammykp58 as they sat down with a stack of books at one of the tables.

“It’s almost like we’re moving backwards in our search.” grammykp58 agreed.

“It feels like rewinding a vhs tape.” Kmasz groaned. A few other students moaned in agreement.

The next day the class gathered in the Care of Magical Creatures classroom, looking around for a sign of the creature they would be studying. HM jgundz entered as they took their seats.

“Good morning everyone!” she called. “As I’m sure you’ve noticed there is not a creature here today. That is because the creature we are studying is far too dangerous to have around you all.”

“More dangerous than having dragons here?” sue_01 whispered to BeeQueen2016. Bee giggled softly.

“Today we are studying the Nundu.” HM jgundz said waving her wand to dim the lights and project a photo of a panther like creature on the wall. “Nundu’s are a giant leopard. They are native to East Africa, and have toxic breath. This is why we could not have one in class. Despite their large size they move silently, another thing that makes them deadly.”

“Did you say toxic breath?” elkinschristina asked.

“Yes, it is said to be so potent with disease it can wipe out entire villages.” HM jgundz said.
  • jgundz
    Options
    Week 7: Finals

As the end of term neared, the students, ghosts and faculty could all be seen about the castle finishing up their to-do lists and fill in their supplemental defense against the dark arts notebooks with their term progress. Each notebook appeared to be a different color, or shade.

“I can’t believe another term is over.” katsheare said to BeeQueen2016.

“I know, I feel like they go faster each time.” BeeQueen2016 responded as the pair were pouring over books in the library.

“And things seem to get weird each term too.” DanielleFayeS said as she looked up from the book she was scanning. “Where did these rocks even come from?” she added gesturing to the containment crate on the next table.

“I don’t know, but I don’t think I can read another sentence about symbols.” slimpossible007 said pushing her book away from her. “I think I need a break for some food. You guys in?”

“Actually yes, I think grabbing some veggies and dip from the kitchens sounds like a brilliant idea.” katsheare said standing up and stretching. The group left the library to go get some snacks.

On their way back they ran into ariecpotter, mrmcgrath, tmeadows_08 and taykod on their way to the library.

“Hey guys, bring enough snacks to share?” mrmcgrath said with a smile. The group smiled and nodded, showing their full basket of snacks from Grandmam.

“Do you guys hear that?” ariecpotter asked as they rounded a corner. The group all stopped to listen.

“Yes, they have no idea. I have definitely infiltrated their ranks.” a voice was saying from a nearby alcove.

“Yes….very good.” Another more echoey voice said. “It’s just a matter of time until I get my…” the other voice was cut off as the group came around the corner and found only Call_Me_Emrys.

“Emrys who are you talking to?” BeeQueen2016 asked as ariecpotter stepped back to send her bassett hound patronus to find the faculty. Emrys hid something behind their back.

“What is that device?” mrmcgrath asked taking a step forward. As the group edged closer Emrys was looking around nervously. Suddenly they dashed the other direction and sprinted down the nearest staircase. The group went after him. They chased Emrys down a number of staircases before they were on the ground floor headed for the grounds.

“Don’t let them get away.” DanielleFayeS called as she sprinted as fast as she could. The group followed Emrys out onto the grounds and past the lake. Suddenly Emrys took a tumble and the device in their hands went skidding across the grass.

“Accio!” katsheare called, the device flying toward her, before she caught it. Slimpossible007 and taykod walked over and lifted Emrys after binding their hands.

“Looks like the Mackled Malacaw got them.” tmeadows_08 said as they neared, seeing the grey lobster like creature scuttling away from Emrys and back towards the water.

“Malacaw lived up to it’s name, and caused Emrys some bad luck.” taykod said.

“What is this?” katsheare asked holding out the square brick like item. Emrys did not respond. Ariecpotter sent another patronus to the staff to tell them they would bring Emrys to the HM’s quarters. Once they got there they found all the staff waiting.

“Thank you everyone.” HM jgundz said fondly before turning to Emrys, who just stared.

“Headmistress, they were holding this up as they were talking about infiltrating us.” katsheare said as she handed Prof tahm the brick.

“What’s Nokia?” Prof tahm asked as she examined the device, seeing that name above a small screen like piece.

“Whatever it is, it must be a communications device.” Prof Yume said, floating above them.

“Of course!” katsheare said, “that’s where I’ve seen those sigils before!”

“What are you talking about kat?” HM jgundz asked.

“Those sigils increase ability to communicate outside of Ilvermorny’s walls. Emrys must have been using them to strengthen whatever signal that device needed. I had been looking into it to keep in touch with my family and check on the Imp while I’ve been here for term.” katsheare explained.

“Alright, BeeQueen2016, mrmcgrath, will you please go get the stones from the library?” Prof kiri asked. The two students nodded and hurried away. Shortly after mrmcgrath and BeeQueen2016 returned with the containment crate between them. They placed it on the HM’s desk.

“Alright Emrys, it’s time to explain. What is going on? Who are you communicating with?” HM jgundz asked. Just as Emrys looked ready to speak, a large spark emminated between the phone in prof tahm’s hand and the stones in the crate, and Emrys face went from blank to confused. Turning to look at the crate, they found the stones had dissintegrated.

“Where am I?” Emrys asked.

“You’re in the Headmistress’s office.” Dixie said shortly.

“Who are you? Hogwarts does not have a headmistress, we have a headmaster.” Emrys said, visibly upset.

“You aren’t at Hogwarts, you’re at Ilvermorny. You transfered.” Prof kiri said calmly. Emrys continued to get upset, muttering about missing the start of term, and where they were.

“It seems like that spark reset their memory.” Prof Yume stated.

“Looks like a trip to Hogwarts is in order.” HM jgundz said. “All of the staff may need to go this time. You students have all been around for a while, please make sure everyone continues their finals week while we’re gone. We will return as soon as we can.” The students nodded and left the room. “Tahm can you get a portkey together for us?” HN jgundz asked. Prof tahm nodded and left as well. The remaining staff left and went out to the front door. Prof Tahm joined them quickly with an old book in her hand.

“Should take effect in a few seconds.” Prof tahm said holding out the book, which they all touched, and held onto Emrys. Shortly they felt the tug at their navels, opening their eyes once they stopped they found themselves in Hogsmeade. Emrys seemed to calm once they realized where they were.

They group made their way to the castle, and were met by Headmaster Dippet at the entrance.

“Hello Headmaster.” HM jgundz.

“Emrys! There you are!” HM Dippet said. “We’ve been worried.”

“You didn’t realize they had transferred?” Prof kiri asked.

“Transferred? No, Emrys did not show up this term, and we were unable to contact anyone they are related to when we were looking for them.” HM Dippet explained.

“You may want to have them sent to the hospital wing. We believe they may have been enchanted. They’ve been spying on our school. We were hoping for some help on for who.” HM jgundz explained.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know that I can help, but come in for some tea and we can discuss what to do next.” HP Dippet said, leading them inside. He led them to his office, which the staff enjoyed seeing all the past HM’s looking down on them from the walls. He made some tea and they sat and discusses Emrys.

“Well, I can say with certainty that Emrys was not communicating with anyone here.” HM Dippet said. “I am glad he is back though. Can you tell me about their studies this term, so we can figure out what of their studies will need to be made up.”

Prof kiri magically made up a survey of Emrys’s studies from the term.

“Looks like most of their studies were covered, they will have to make up runes, and alchemy. But other than that it appears you ran a thorough education this term.” HM Dippet said.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be more help.” HM Dippet said.

“We understand. Thank you for your hospitatlity.” HM jgundz said, the staff stepping into his fireplace and flooing back to Ilvermorny. When they returned they found The313 and lesliehallaerospace waiting by the HM’s quarters door.

“We went through Emrys’s trunk.” The313 said. “We found these, they look like their from Hogwarts.”

“Well that explains why Dippet wasn’t getting a response.” Prof Dixie said taking the parchment from The313.

“Thank you both. Now off to the common room. It’s getting late.” Hm jgundz instructed. The girls nodded and left.

The next morning, the staff gathered the students and ghosts in the Great Hall for some help.

“We need to destroy this device. The staff tried some magical measures last night to no avail. Anyone with any ideas please step up.” Prof tahm called out. A number of students tried their hand at destroying the ‘Nokia’ as they started calling it, finding it to be quite indestructable. That night the staff went into the HM’s quarters and sealed the door magically so no one could hear.

“We need to find out who sent Emrys here.” Prof Yume said. “And why this device is so indestructible.”

“If only we had a users manual.” Prof kiri muttered frustratedly.

“What about a tracing charm?” Prof tahm asked.

“Couldn’t hurt.” HM jgundz said. “Kiri and Tahm, you’ve been studying them. Can you give it a try?” The pair looked at each other and nodded. They place the ‘Nokia’ on a map, and focused. After performing the charm, they saw the trace begin to form, finding the source of the device. All the staff looked at each other with grim faces.

“Well kitten…” Prof Yume said.