Calories from Fitbit different in phone app and online

Options
rosebette
rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
I'm using s Fitbit charge and seeing a big difference in the calories burned between what shows on the MFP phone app and MFP online. Example, yesterday morning I did 1/2 hour strength training and a 12000 calorie walk. MFP gave me around 300 calories by noon then in the evening adjusted down to only 50. However on my MFP web page it showed 318 exercise calories. What gives?

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I mean 12000 step walk
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    The adjusting down as day goes on is pretty common - no issue there.
    As you potentially sit all day or afternoon at work, you are not hitting an MFP rate of burn of even sedentary, Fitbit will correct MFP to BMR rate of burn.

As to the difference, that is odd if you are viewing either the Total exercise calories, or the specific entry calories.
    Terms may be called different, so you have to confirm you are viewing the same thing.
    Wondering why the web page is behind.

The app talks to an app server. (many of them around actually)

The app server sends the info to an account server. (not sure if more or fewer of them)

Web access is to account server.

Syncs occur between accounts.

You need to click on that adjustment, on app and website, and look at the actual details used in the math that caused that number.

That will tell you if one is dealing with data to a later sync that failed on the other.

(oh yeah - you can edit a post up to 1 hr past posting it instead of new post)