Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome to the October 2019 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• ladysaiyan87
    ladysaiyan87 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Heyyy!!! Looking foward to October!!!
  • ourvibrantlife
    ourvibrantlife Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    HAPPY Fall! 🍂🌿🍁🌱
  • L010
    L010 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Looking forward for October Challenge.
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    RangerRickL, I am SO glad you have this challenge. It has really done wonders for my self-control, I don't want to have any "no" days! Can't believe the September Challenge is almost done. Thanks!
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Hi all, want a great group?you found it. Exellent leader,friendly people,group chats, see you there.
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I'm in for Month #10! Looking forward to it! :D
  • lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks RangerRickL. Closing in on my first challenge without a pass day so far - never thought that would happen! This challenge has really helped me to stay on track in more than just the 3 challenge areas; the discipline spills over to other areas in my life. So, a great big win! Bring on October.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I need all the help I can get at the moment. After being out of my chosen training for 7 months already (broken arm, followed by kidney donation surgery), I had planned to be phasing back into martial arts now, but am instead starting rehab on a new problem (frozen shoulder). I need to build arm strength and flexibility while working on my fitness in other ways than my preferred grappling, which is frustrating. However, summer is coming and I will make the best of it within my limitations and do what I can while making healthy food choices to get back to fighting weight for when I can get back on the mats (about 10kgs to lose).
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to October. I had a goal to loose 5 lbs for September and fell very short, barely maintaining. I had a vacation built around food, so maybe I was too ambitious thinking I'd loose.

No getaways planned for October, and cooler weather means much more opportunities for long dog walks, runs and workouts. I want to make the circle this month, AND attempt those 5lbs again!
  • mickeyj297
    mickeyj297 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am looking forward to this challenge, I am presently in a 28 day challenge and these are great motivators. My reason I am doing MFP is mainly vanity and want to use some of my smaller wardrobe.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I welcome the opportunity to hold myself accountable. Thank you for the opportunity!
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello all, i'm in little ol' New Zealand and this will be my second month here on the UAC :smile:
    Daylight saving starting this weekend here = longer daylight hours, and traditionally warmer temps will make it a bit easier to get out and about outside - can't wait! B)
    My goal for Oct is not far off - get under the 150lbs mark and stay under.
  • Seachange_dogs
    Seachange_dogs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Looking forward to October and the start of this challenge. Ultimately I'd like to lose about 40lbs but for October I'd be happy with anything in the 5-10lb range and improving my fitness with a bit of daily exercise! Also, anyone is free to add me as a friend! Thanks and see you in October!
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! These people really help keep me on track! I couldn't do it by myself! I don't find it easy to stick to maximum calories, do daily exercise and log it all, but this challenge and the support really helps.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    After eight months straight in UAC I took September off. Lol after two weeks I missed it terribly! I periodically stopped and read posts, especially NSV day.
    September was super busy- I changed brokers in real estate, doubled my gardening business (lol crazy at the end of the season), just had my last Farmer’s Market, there was a birth and a death, my step daughter started college... lol in general LIFE was going on!!!
    Amazingly I kept logging, I made it to the gym most days, I kept moving and most days I was under on calories. WOW- eight months of UAC carried me through. I have healthy habits! It takes effort but I know I’m worth it!

Ready for October to start!
  • sherbertdoe
    sherbertdoe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! This will be my first month taking part. A few years ago I lost 6st (84lbs) through MFP, but university and grad life happened. I weighed myself for the first time in over a year recently and had gained back up to 180 so now am trying to build healthy, sustainable habits while losing weight. I’m 5’4, 24 and aiming ultimately for around 120.

October is going to be a busy month for me with friends visiting and work functions but I am determined to stay accountable! Looking forward to meeting all of you and succeeding with you.