Introductions

Options

Replies

• ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Welcome new people and welcome back to those who have been here awhile.
    I’m looking forward to October partially because the temperature is supposed to finally drop. We had a really warm September with most days being close to 100 for heat index. All the kids birthdays have passed and other than Halloween (which is my anniversary) I have nothing special going on.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful that this challenge is continuing on. I think it has had a lot to do with my feelings of success these last five months. I've lost the 15lbs that I regained in the winter, and I'm at a pretty good weight now (132lbs, 5'5"), but my body fat % is still high (32%). I've read that 28% is ideal for my age, but I don't know how much lower I am willing to go on the scales before just trying to maintain the weight and attempting recomp (apparently difficult at my age, 58). A very small deficit and lots of strength training is what is called for either way, and I know that UAC is most helpful in meeting those goals.

Good luck to everyone here, whatever your goals may be!
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Excited to be part of this group. I lost about 60lbs 2 years ago and slowly have been regaining (gainged back 40). I have been little quitting on myself and it's time to change that. Yearly vacation in Cancun coming up in June and I do not want to feel like I felt last June.

Good luck guys!
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies and oldies. I have maintained my weight and a regular exercise routine for a couple of years but then I started to slip up. Things can go bad quickly when you have a desk job and no plan! I felt that downward spiral starting to grab me and I reached out to this group for something to hold on to. So glad I did!
  • joehlrich
    joehlrich Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to be part of this group! I have been gaining and losing the same 30 pounds for the last 10 years and I'm ready to take it off for good. My hope is to develop lasting diet and lifestyle habits that will stick:-)
  • Fionella
    Fionella Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first Accountability Challenge. I’m in Australia and trying to lose a little weight as we head into summer. What I want out of this month is to start and keep a daily exercise habit, and to ditch the wine drinking which has crept into my life too much.
  • flourchild225
    flourchild225 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi! I need to lick these last ten pounds by my 33rd birthday. Please add me! I've been a part of MFP for a long time, but I'm tired of the remaining goal being out of reach.
  • sweet_october
    sweet_october Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I really need this! I tend to lose interest very quickly - that's something new to me when it comes to my eating & fitness habits. I hope this challenge would keep me in check :)
  • QueenZeeIsm
    QueenZeeIsm Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This will be my first challenge here. I am around 20kilos overweight, so I'll be in a few challenges, going forward lol. This is a great concept. Thank you.
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Back for my third month and hoping for WC again. This challenge has helped me so much in terms of developing daily habits and making smart choices. I'm actually rather close to my maintenance goal so am hoping to get there in the next few months (I know it gets harder the closer you get). I'm looking forward to reading everyone's daily posts!
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    New to the group! I've kept 30lbs on after having my two daughters, just moved to a new province 2 weeks ago and promised myself my lifestyle is going to change in my new space. I've lost 5lbs so far in the 2 weeks I've been here but I'm looking for something or someone to help keep me accountable. Thanks for having me, looking forward to this challenge!
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm in for October. I just went through September, and while I didn't make the winner's circle, I found the challenge very helpful and fun. Right now I'm recovering from a knee/leg injury, so I'll do what exercise I can. Happy October, everybody!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hello to all!! My name is Verda & I'm from Montana USA. I'm 60 years of age, fit & active. My weak link is SUGAR & CARBS. I had to have a surgery on my knee due to an infection a month ago & then got a bad cold so some pounds piled on besides needing to lose a few prior to it. Being held accountable with tracking & posting will help get me be back on track. I will weigh myself in the morning & follow the rules! I wish you all a very successful October!
  • RoxanaDP
    RoxanaDP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody,
    My name is Roxana, I'm a 36 years old Romanian using the good old metric system, which will most likely make things interesting around here :p . This is my first time joining this challenge and I hope to see it through and that it will help infuse some much needed willpower into me, even if by brute force.
    I'm quite active at the moment, spending 1 hour a day in the gym, 5 times a week. However, I am also a foodie, so we'll just have to see how that goes. Currently sitting at 64 kg, give or take 200-300 grams, at a height of 170 cm. I've lost 14 kg so far, since the start of June, current body fat 29%, down from 37% at my starting weight. I've reached a plateau I'm hoping to overcome.
    Best of luck to all of you and I guess I'll see you for the sign-in.
    ;)